Why was Britney's GMA performance SO great but almost everything after it not?

jamesedward94

This performance was amazing! She looked PHENOMENAL. Her moves were extremely sharp and she hit all of her marks. She even did the breakdown. She didn't move as much as pre-breakdown performances, but everything she did do was executed perfectly!

THIS was Britney Spears the pop icon!!!

So why has nothing after it been this good?

There has not been ONE performance since that has matched it! She was so confident and looked 100% like the old Britney! 

I just don't understand......

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, naturalplayboy said:

lol I remember watching it and thinking she looks amazing. But underwhelmed with the choreo.

youre right though I think she had the pizzazz

Watching it now, it's like a completely different person......

Maybe it's medication or maybe she just truly quit caring, but you can CLEARLY see the difference!

She lip-synced great here, grabbing the mic and really getting into it. She strutted around with full confidence. Her movements were great and went with the song absoultely perfectly!

Like, I still have NO idea how she did not give performances like this during the Circus tour. This was like watching the old Britney but she has NOT moved the same since. She never does movements this sharp or perfectly with dancers and she has not had the same confidence or anything. Her hair and body haven't even looked this good. And this was in front of a live audience broadcasting to millions so she should've been a nervous wreck!

I truly don't know what happened and it's really weird to me!

1 hour ago, annonymous said:

BBMA's says hi 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor britney bbma 2016 gif

NOT THE SAME! Close, and it was an incredible medley, but REALLY watch this Circus performance. There has not been ONE like it since. She showed ZERO nerves and 100% confidence and moved with swagger from the very beginning. And she was better than her dancers.

She was incredibly nervous and not confident at all for the BBMAs. For someone called the princess of pop and someone as huge as her, the medley performance was underwhelming. Her best in YEARS, but not the same Britney as this video above!

5 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

NOT THE SAME! Close, and it was an incredibly medley, but REALLY watch this Circus performance. There has not been ONE like it since. She showed ZERO nerves and 100% confidence and moved with swagger from the very beginning. And she was better than her dancers.

She was incredibly nervous and not confident at all for the BBMAs. For someone called the princess of pop and someone as huge as her, the medley performance was underwhelming. Her best in YEARS, but not the same Britney as this video above!

I agree on the confidence part, but tbh I didn't find the circus performance so impressive. She didn't dance that much, she just walked around. But yeah her confidence was there and she looked like old britney, but I think her dancing at the bbma's was more 'old britney'

1 minute ago, annonymous said:

I agree on the confidence part, but tbh I didn't find the circus performance so impressive. She didn't dance that much, she just walked around. But yeah her confidence was there and she looked like old britney, but I think her dancing at the bbma's was more 'old britney'

Her movements and motions in the Circus performance were just spot on and so confident to me! For the tour NOTHING was that sharp and confident. It's like she didn't practice enough or she ditched choreography and added last minute changes.....I don't know. I know she didn't dance a ton, but she just had that spark. That vibe. She was the same as before! I haven't felt any of that since this performance. The BBMAs were GREAT but she was extremely nervous the entire way through. I just honestly don't get much joy watching her these days bc it almost makes me too anxious. She obviously still has that thing you are born with, that star power, and she owns the stage and is always really good, but she gets so nervous that it's hard to watch. 

17 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

NOT THE SAME! Close, and it was an incredibly medley, but REALLY watch this Circus performance. There has not been ONE like it since. She showed ZERO nerves and 100% confidence and moved with swagger from the very beginning. And she was better than her dancers.

Pom february 2016 says hi

13 minutes ago, Danishfan said:

Pom february 2016 says hi

Still not the same. Once again, YES, the original Break the Ice is great. But Britney changed completely after 2008. The ONLY way she could change so much is meds. And even then I still don't understand how she changed so much.

The entire Circus Tour and Femme Fatale Tour were a joke. 

It's anyone's guess what the hell happened in 2010/2011.......

Britney grew up dancing and taking dance classes and performing at SUCH a young age and on Star Search and the Mickey Mouse Club. It's literally in her blood so I just truly do not understand how even after a breakdown and some tough times she can completely lose the ability to perform like she used to.... This GMA performance was SO good but something happened after it and something happened during tour rehearsals and it's just all so mysterious. 

12 minutes ago, camerasareflashin' said:

I don't think this was primeney :verycool: the spark was still missing 

This WAS primeney in my opinion but just with less dancing and more strutting. The way she does what choreography there is and the way she looks and her expressions and attitude and everything is exactly like before her breakdown. I'm trying to understand why she only performed Circus like this ONCE? Every other live performance was of Womanzier. THAT performance is boring and does not have the same spark. She did nothing in any of those performances. This was the only time she's performed Circus live with that choreography and those movements. It baffles me......

1 minute ago, BritBreakitDown20 said:

it was really underrated at that time..  because everyone was expecting primeney

yes to currentneys performances its considered a good one along with some of her more recent ones 

I think for Primeney this was even good. She had plenty of performances in her prime where she didn't do much. I think she performed perfectly for what the song is. She acted like a ringleader! She walked across the stage with full confidence and attitude and did all of the choreography with precision. She had energy and she looked FLAWLESS. Not even her recent stuff compares with this performance.

12 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

I think for Primeney this was even good. She had plenty of performances in her prime where she didn't do much. I think she performed perfectly for what the song is. She acted like a ringleader! She walked across the stage with full confidence and attitude and did all of the choreography with precision. She had energy and she looked FLAWLESS. Not even her recent stuff compares with this performance.

it was more synchronized than currentney but gurl bbma performance was better than this..  :Lshark:

Archived