Why was Britney's GMA performance SO great but almost everything after it not?

jamesedward94

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, naturalplayboy said:

Ok so I rewatched this after idk a long time. It's still underwhelming. She's not hitting the moves. It's all so soft especially the breakdown. I'm like constantly screaming give more attitude.

But come on, the way she moved her arms and did the hand gestures and strutted and put her arms through the other dancers......the way she looked and her confidence.... looking back I just think it's SO good. This was BRITNEY spears performing. You could feel her star power here. The way she executed everything and walked down at the beginning and then tooked off her coat a dropped it.....

I love the whole thing. The outfit and hair and the hat is just all perfect too.

I feel like she hit all of her moves and did great after rewatching it!  

1 minute ago, jamesedward94 said:

But come on, the way are moved her arms and did the hand gestures and strutted and put her arms through the other dancers......the way she looked and her confidence.... looking back I just think it's SO good. This was BRITNEY spears performing. You could feel her star power here. The way she executed everything and walked down at the beginning and then tooked off her coat a dropped it.....

I love the whole thing. The outfit and hair and the hat is just all perfect too.

I feel like she hit all of her moves and did great after rewatching it!  

I guess we can agree to disagree.

I think the opening was very good with the spotlight and how she moved. But the performance as a whole is still lackluster to me. I feel her holding back. Personally, I'd prefer to watch bbma 2016 over this.

I don't get the hype for this performance. :calculating:

Yes she looked FLAWLESS and her team wasn't a cheap *** rat back then so production was great, but what else is there to praise? She wasn't nervous alright but that's no news. She didn't get nervous while performing until 2011. She had a smile on her face but you can see she was bored af, it looked like she had just woke up and had to get on stage. And her moves were not sharp at all. The X Factor performance would've been a much better example tbh, at least she looked into it and did like 2 fierce hairflips. 

Also, I disagree that the BBMAs performance last year was underwhelming. Seems like you didn't see the good reception it got, not just among fans but the media and gp as well. It was the perfect Britney Spears performance and one of her best from this decade. I also wish Britney had that relaxed vibe while performing but she's been working on it for a long time now and idk, we're just gonna have to wait and see what happens. 

If anything, this Circus performance was just like this one:

It's cute, it's nice, Britney looks great. :mattafact:

8 hours ago, jamesedward94 said:

NOT THE SAME! Close, and it was an incredible medley, but REALLY watch this Circus performance. There has not been ONE like it since. She showed ZERO nerves and 100% confidence and moved with swagger from the very beginning. And she was better than her dancers.

She was incredibly nervous and not confident at all for the BBMAs. For someone called the princess of pop and someone as huge as her, the medley performance was underwhelming. Her best in YEARS, but not the same Britney as this video above!

I agree that she looked like Primeney and was sharp in most of her movements like Primeney, but to say she showed zero nerves and 100% confidence is just wrong. You could tell she was stiff and extremely nervous, especially when she took off her jacket. She also didn't do most of the breakdown -- which, IMO, would have been a huge change in how the performance was received (people slammed her after that performance if I recall -- saying she seemed lethargic, etc). 

Perhaps it was the reviews/reaction she got after this performance that made her want to "give up" trying to dance like "Primeney". 

And, comparing Circus GMA with BBMA's 2016... she didn't do any of those "dance recital" move that she does now. Like in the Womanizer breakdown when she flails her arms to show that she just did a move -- I don't know why her choreographer won't tell her to stop doing that.

37 minutes ago, woabritney said:

I agree that she looked like Primeney and was sharp in most of her movements like Primeney, but to say she showed zero nerves and 100% confidence is just wrong. You could tell she was stiff and extremely nervous, especially when she took off her jacket. She also didn't do most of the breakdown -- which, IMO, would have been a huge change in how the performance was received (people slammed her after that performance if I recall -- saying she seemed lethargic, etc). 

Perhaps it was the reviews/reaction she got after this performance that made her want to "give up" trying to dance like "Primeney". 

I wish they stayed on her more during the breakdown and that other part where they cut away. I think she did great considering the whole world had just finished turning on her. She looked horrendous at the 2007 VMAs and when she stepped out here she looked absolutely flawless. I just love this performance. She had her swagger back during it. Okay, so she wasn't primeney here, but she was pretty damn close. 

2 hours ago, Curiousexhaler86 said:

I don't get the hype for this performance. :calculating:

Yes she looked FLAWLESS and her team wasn't a cheap *** rat back then so production was great, but what else is there to praise? She wasn't nervous alright but that's no news. She didn't get nervous while performing until 2011. She had a smile on her face but you can see she was bored af, it looked like she had just woke up and had to get on stage. And her moves were not sharp at all. The X Factor performance would've been a much better example tbh, at least she looked into it and did like 2 fierce hairflips. 

Also, I disagree that the BBMAs performance last year was underwhelming. Seems like you didn't see the good reception it got, not just among fans but the media and gp as well. It was the perfect Britney Spears performance and one of her best from this decade. I also wish Britney had that relaxed vibe while performing but she's been working on it for a long time now and idk, we're just gonna have to wait and see what happens. 

If anything, this Circus performance was just like this one:

It's cute, it's nice, Britney looks great. :mattafact:

She had finesse during the Circus performance. The way she moved her arms during parts and her hands for the part where she says "everybody gon' trip"..... I think what is is she felt the music. She had rhythm and she had the certain something that she also had in her prime. This is also my hands down favorite look from the entire era. None of the Womanizer performances were even close to this in my opion. She did nothing but walk in those. She should have done a lot more promo performances of Circus.   

She basically switched issues lol. She went from having the swag and decent enough free style choreography to not having it in her performance at all. I think her current choreography is wrong for her music/style/persona AND she's more anxious when she performs now. We see in her IG videos that she's capable of doing a lot with her body but she just gets visibly nervous which didn't happen in the Circus performances. Given everything that happened to her this performance was great. I still hate that Circus and Womanizer are iconic pop hits with great videos but no iconic performances. It's a shame. 

10 hours ago, jamesedward94 said:

This performance was amazing! She looked PHENOMENAL. Her moves were extremely sharp and she hit all of her marks. She even did the breakdown. She didn't move as much as pre-breakdown performances, but everything she did do was executed perfectly!

THIS was Britney Spears the pop icon!!!

So why has nothing after it been this good?

There has not been ONE performance since that has matched it! She was so confident and looked 100% like the old Britney! 

I just don't understand......

I figured it was that one dancer who recently passed .... the one papa spears fired 

Archived