Most personal Britney Song to you?

Yukisenpi28

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll list the most personal songs from each album since there are a lot and for different reasons.

BOMT:  I Will Be There - Such a cute song!  Definitely doesn't get the recognition it deserves.  It's me and my best friends song cuz we're there for each other.  :hugs:

OIDIA:  (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction - I'm like never satisfied with anything and always searching for that thing that will make me happy... :snooptoya:  Shout out to Stronger though since that is an obvious one.

Britney:  Overprotected - I've said this so many times :snapney:  But in a nutshell, when I was younger I was overprotected and never allowed to be me or explore the world.  Shout out to Let Me Be as well because it gives me similar vibes.

ITZ:  Brave New Girl - Same as Overprotected and Let Me Be.  Just seems like an anthem for finally going out and exploring the world.  :messbye:

GH:MP:  My Prerogative - People can take everything away from you, But they can never take away your truth, But the question is, can you handle mine?  :werk:

BO:  Get Naked (I Got a Plan) - :quirkney:  Get Back - If you can't take it then get back!  :ririshade2:

Circus:  If U Seek Amy - Love me, hate me, say what you want about me, but all of the boys and all of the girls are begging to... :bwink:

FF:  Selfish - Not gonna lie, I am.  :giggleney:

BJ:  I guess Work *****... not really personal but there were no others that I could relate to.

Glory:  Change Your Mind - It's a **** song about a guy who respects boundaries and is a gentleman... but Britney changes his mind and they have **** times :hipney:

2 hours ago, Robert M said:

Dramatic because my ex was an ******* :gross:

Touch of my hand because I'm single right now so :tiffcackle:

Amnesia because I'm super shy with guys I like :sobbing:

What you said on Touch Of My hand ...hahaha yassss

3 hours ago, I_Need_Me said:

I'll list the most personal songs from each album since there are a lot and for different reasons.

BOMT:  I Will Be There - Such a cute song!  Definitely doesn't get the recognition it deserves.  It's me and my best friends song cuz we're there for each other.  :hugs:

OIDIA:  (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction - I'm like never satisfied with anything and always searching for that thing that will make me happy... :snooptoya:  Shout out to Stronger though since that is an obvious one.

Britney:  Overprotected - I've said this so many times :snapney:  But in a nutshell, when I was younger I was overprotected and never allowed to be me or explore the world.  Shout out to Let Me Be as well because it gives me similar vibes.

ITZ:  Brave New Girl - Same as Overprotected and Let Me Be.  Just seems like an anthem for finally going out and exploring the world.  :messbye:

GH:MP:  My Prerogative - People can take everything away from you, But they can never take away your truth, But the question is, can you handle mine?  :werk:

BO:  Get Naked (I Got a Plan) - :quirkney:  Get Back - If you can't take it then get back!  :ririshade2:

Circus:  If U Seek Amy - Love me, hate me, say what you want about me, but all of the boys and all of the girls are begging to... :bwink:

FF:  Selfish - Not gonna lie, I am.  :giggleney:

BJ:  I guess Work *****... not really personal but there were no others that I could relate to.

Glory:  Change Your Mind - It's a **** song about a guy who respects boundaries and is a gentleman... but Britney changes his mind and they have **** times :hipney:

Love your list !:urite:

Don't drag me but I'm gonna say Dont Cry (obviously over the many years I've love Britney there's been tons) but as an adult it's that one.  Britney Jean came out at a time where my marriage wasn't as it's best (we're good now in case anyone was worried lolz) and that song was exactly how I felt at the time 

Guest Diamond Horse

Hold On Tight - and the words for me are so flexible for interpretation. I wouldn't go into detail with it, but let's just say it is possible to interpret them in different ways according to how I feel. And this tone of the song feels personal to me always.

8 hours ago, Yukisenpi28 said:

I understand , so like none of her ballads or anything made your feels go all crazy?:receipts2:

Well...

• Everytime: I'm independent and not into anyone right now. There's no one I could say "I guess I need you baby" to. I'm over all of my exes. 
  • Out From Under: Again, I'm over all my exes. No one has me in pain right now.
  • Someday: I'm not pregnant and never will be.
  • Perfume: Never been cheated on.
  • INAGNYAW: I'm a guy.
  • Shadow: I mean, I've kinda experienced something like this before, but not enough to make this song personal to me.
  • Sometimes: Doesn't apply to me and I don't listen to it anyways
  • Unusual You: I haven't really dealt with shitty dates/people that much. My past relationships have never been unusual to treat me right.
  • Born to Make You Happy: Sure, when I was in love, I just wanted my ex to be happy, but again, I'm over all my exes and mainly focused on my happiness, not someone else's.
  • Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know: Haven't really had this be a problem where someone won't tell me that they are into me when I want them to be.
  • FTBOMBH: No broken hearts here.
  • Hold On Tight: Eh. Nope.

Actually, I have realized Why Should I Be Sad applies to me a lot and applied to me during my last breakup. Whenever **** goes down now, I do have this same attitude of "why should I be sad?" and not really letting things affect me too much, believing it didn't work out for a reason, and just to keep moving on. This song isn't deeply personal or meaningful to me before today, but going through her ballads just now definitely made me realize it's the most relatable to me of all her songs.

Also, just realized that Alien fits too. I went through a part of my life where I was just a loner, and my ex gave me the love and connection I needed at that time. WSIBS still is more relatable and personal to me though.

Update: Let Go can fit too. I've had relationships where I just knew they had to end because I knew it wouldn't work out, even though I wanted them to. State of Grace too, because being in love really is the better than any ****.

"Shadow." I think anyone who has been in an all-encompassing, abusive relationship can strongly relate to these lyrics once the relationship is finally over. You have this realization that your entire relationship was an utter illusion, because romantic involvement with a partner that is hollow on the inside is incapable of actually feeling anything for you. Thus, the words and actions that you thought your love was built upon was a mirage. 

Also, "Someday" and "Hold on Tight" helped me through some really difficult times, but I think I've probably shared way too much already :outwithit:

Don't Cry

If they told me it's over
I wouldn't believe it
Because you know we both care
But we got to get over, over the mountain
We can't keep standing, standing there
Let's move on and be stronger
Even though we can't go
Let go, can't hold on
When love's broken

Stronger

Stronger than yesterday
Now it’s nothing but my way
My lonliness ain’t killing me no more
I’m stronger that I ever thought that I could be

Everyday

Every day, the sun comes up again
A little hope begins and it starts with you 'cause you get me through it
And every day, I'm closer to the shore, I smile a little more
And because of your faith, I get closer now every day

Girl In The Mirror

If I could
I would tell her
Not to be afraid
The pain that she's feeling
The sense of loneliness will fade
So dry your tears and rest assured
Love will find you like before

Cinderella

I used to say I want you, you cast me in your spell.
I did everything you wanted me to, but now i shall..
break free from all your lies. I won't be blind you see,
my love it can't be sacrificed, i won't return to thee.

Man On The Moon

I can't compete with the stars in the sky
I'm invisible, invisible
I open the window to clear out my mind
But it's difficult, so difficult
Houston, I know there's a problem here
Must be a hole in the atmosphere
Baby, I wanna be closer to love

Forgot to add Shadow

Shadow

How can I tell if you mean what you say
You say it so loud, but you sound far away
Maybe I had just a glimpse of your soul
Or was that your shadow I saw on the wall
I’m watching you disappear
But you, you were never here

E-Mail My Heart

Where Are You Now

Lonely

Shadow

Everytime

Out From Under

Just Luv Me

These songs really strike a chord with as I can really relate with their lyrics and connect them to what im going through :crying1:

On a lighter note, I'll Never Stop Loving You is also personal to me because I want that to be my wedding song, when me and my husband have our first dance  :crying1:

2 hours ago, Girl On The Moon said:

Everyday

Every day, the sun comes up again
A little hope begins and it starts with you 'cause you get me through it
And every day, I'm closer to the shore, I smile a little more
And because of your faith, I get closer now every day

Shadow

How can I tell if you mean what you say
You say it so loud, but you sound far away
Maybe I had just a glimpse of your soul
Or was that your shadow I saw on the wall
I’m watching you disappear
But you, you were never here

Girl we must be soul siblings, I forgot about Everyday and Shadow:tifftear:

Shadow reminds me of my brother whose struggled with *****. I know it's not what the song is about, but watching someone you love struggle with addiction, and seeing them as someone else (shadow of themselves) is so sad. This song always reminds me of him, but thankfully he is doing good now. 

Everyday is so relatable because I always try to be grateful for what I do have in life. Even if I feel so down and hopeless and lost, I always have so much to be happy for. This song has helped me out of my lowest of the lows. 

Damn, now I'm all in my feels:britstare:

Archived