How could this happen? :(

Crayboy

5 minutes ago, Britneylandia said:

Circusney looked like Britney Spears putting less effort but still Britney Spears now she looks different, and I'm not talking about her face, I'm talking about the way she moves, the way walks across the stage... just everything seems like another person... :(

I still enjoy her performances though :jumpney:

I totally agree with everything you said.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

But she still "moved" like Britney. The Britney strut is still there. Her swag, her mannerisms.

Now she just skips and runs everywhere very spaz like.

Yes, I prefer Circusney than currentney too , at least in Circus she looked like herself

I'm definitely a circus advocate because I knew what she was capable of she was Britney everything about her performances scream Britney Spears just more tamed & I agree if circus Britney was as happy as today Britney I think it would've been a resurrection of primney her face expressions was all on point even the choreography was good (even tho it's minimal) I would love for her to get back to that performance point again 

1 hour ago, BoyToySoldier said:

But she still "moved" like Britney. The Britney strut is still there. Her swag, her mannerisms.

Now she just skips and runs everywhere very spaz like.

Exactly. She's never just feeling the music anymore. She's constantly doing weird hand/arm movements or else skip-walking across the stage

Well, I don't know how did that happen or why. But we could say the same about how she went from DWADT to Circus, or OHT to Circus.

Ya'll decide to ignore the fact that between Circus and POM, there was something really sad called the Femme Fatale Tour. I'm actually more surprised about how she went from that to what we have now. Back in 2011 I thought it was just gonna go down from there in the following years, becoming worse and worse each tour. Even watching XFactorney I couldn't even imagine her performing again, she looked and behaved just like the opposite of a performer. Then she surprised us with the POM show, which even at its lowest was still better than the FFT. And by the end of 2015 with Mermaidney, and especially 2016 the beginning of POM 2.0, she did an awesome job. Probably she's gotten a little bit bored and tired of it this year, but is still miles better than the beginning of POM and the FFT.

So let's not pretend she went straight from Circus Tour to the current situation, because there's been lots of ups and downs in between, and the ups were better than the Circus era.

Guest Edge Of Clockin' You

CircusNey slayed all y'all will deal:donewithit: If it was Beyonce doing the Circus Tour nowadays, it'd be considered the most iconic tour of all time:mattafact:

I still think the Circus tour is heavily overrated. :nochillbrit: BUT I'm not here to argue about that, because I do understand what you mean when you say "The Britney swagger", "the confidence", "the fluidity". As much as I think Circus was nothing but a bunch of sauntering around stage, it was still executed in Britney mannerisms.

But I don't know what's happened to her, sis. I'm honestly as curious to know as you are, since we see she still has it in rehearsal vids constantly, but she never brings that same consistency to the stage, or it's rare if she does. And I don't know what's happened between 2016 and now. Can it really be chalked up to boredom? All of these tics that have gotten worse? Idk.

I mean, I get where people are coming from -- she has improved a lot over the years, especially since the FF tour, but.... I'm sorry, those rehearsal videos still frustrate me to no end.

Circusney wasn't hitting the moves as 'primeney' but like some of y'all have said... you can still feel and see 'Britney Spears'... but with POM, she is still sooo stiff and she doesn't look like a natural anymore... still looks like she's counting her steps in her head. Yes there has been improvements but something is still off.

Did Britney want to do B6 so she could prove to everybody that she was back and still the best and after the tour she wanted to just rest and take a break for a while but they pushed her to start working on  B7 (FF) right away and that just pushed her over the edge again... ? 

She's definitely happier now but the passion for her craft is still questionable. 

Guest $elfish
8 hours ago, Darna said:

too many scientific explanations have been given already, sis. she's a mom now. she's white. her knee injury never truly healed. she has anxiety. :lemmetellu:

be thankful for POMney, she gave us this iconic dance step

Image result for britney kneetap gif

:tiffcackle: 

DEAD:tiffcackle:

i still practice that knee tap to this day

Like this for example 

shes not doing much choreography but she's performing she's in the Britney persona, she's not making goofy faces this what I love about this tour the expressions the swag all this made me love this tour, it's missing in Pom it comes out for a couple seconds than she's goes back to whatever she does

3 hours ago, InTheZone4U said:

Circusney wasn't hitting the moves as 'primeney' but like some of y'all have said... you can still feel and see 'Britney Spears'... but with POM, she is still sooo stiff and she doesn't look like a natural anymore... still looks like she's counting her steps in her head. Yes there has been improvements but something is still off.

Did Britney want to do B6 so she could prove to everybody that she was back and still the best and after the tour she wanted to just rest and take a break for a while but they pushed her to start working on  B7 (FF) right away and that just pushed her over the edge again... ? 

She's definitely happier now but the passion for her craft is still questionable. 

Unless Britney debunks this theory herself, I'll always believe that she needed time off to slow down and rest and find herself...so that she could be released from the c-ship.

Yes, she has considerably more freedom now. But she didn't then...It's as if her spirit has never truly recovered from that experience. 

Theres too many people on the stage and theres no production or shock value. For some reason it went from Britney commanding the stage and her back up dancers following her to her backup dancers commanding and Britney now follows them. It doesnt make sense. Britney used to do the moves and her back up dancers would be the accessory and make her look better, now it seems like the back up dancers are doing their own thing while Britney has no support from them. They look like they do their own thing and when they need her they use her when it should be the other way around.

Archived