• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Arckangel
11 hours ago, Arckangel said:

PokemonSpears and I have repeatedly explained that anybody can rename any file any name they want.

10 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

You haven't repeatedly explained anything. You're delusional. The files are labelled Brit, Myah and Ana. The Britney files are undeniably Britney, the Myah files are undeniable Myah. Download them and listen. You will hear a difference and its not just a different tone of voice, its a completely different voice.

I've listened to them all, including these posted by pgl:

"Four! Ana Diaz, Britney, the uncredited BG singer (Myah Marie?) and Anthony Preston."

https://www.blocked.com/?rjils2l3m5ldcbb

At 0:12, as explained by pgl, Britney is heard in this track signing "not alone", but he claims it's not in the final mix:

http://www.blocked.com/?02m4dzb03kdptu9

Now, speaking of the final Britney Jean version of Alien, maybe Britney's not in the "not alone" hook, but there's a possibility she is (it's lots of layers playing all at once, and one of them totally sound like Brit to me (not like the background singer).

pgl's thread:

pgl also claims the Alien rehearsal demo was used for the final mix, but William Orbit said otherwise:

"Warming up is essential if you’re a pro, as it is with a runner doing stretches, and it takes a while to do properly. I’ve heard all manners of sounds emitted during warmups. The point is that it is not supposed to be shared with millions of listeners. A generous singer will put something down the mic to help the engineer get their systems warmed up and at the right level, maybe [while] having a cup of herb tea and checking through lyrics before the session really kicks off. It’s not expected to be a 'take.'"

He also added: He added, "I think that 99% of you reading this will totally understand. Whomever put this on the internet must have done so in a spirit of unkindness, but it can in no way detract from the fact that Britney is and always will be beyond Stellar! She is magnificent! And that’s that. Sincerely, William."

Read more: http://newsradio1290wtks.iheart.com/onair/laura-anderson-48761/listen-britney-spears-alien-without-autotune-12552302/

3 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

That's disgusting. If this is the case, and real Britney vocals exist for all the tracks, Anthony and will.i.am should be tried for fraud.

He says it in this thread here. Post #15.

17 minutes ago, soeffnperf said:

They must've sounded awful like Alien. :lostney:

I don't think there was any reason to replace the chorus in Alien. The vocals heard in the headphone leaks during Myah's recording session sounded fine.

I'm sure it wouldn't have been that hard to tune Britney's vocals. I downloaded Melodyne and easily fixed her "bad" vocals. Such a shame. :/

3 minutes ago, Circuit said:

He says it in this thread here. Post #15.

I don't think there was any reason to replace the chorus in Alien. The vocals heard in the headphone leaks during Myah's recording session sounded fine.

I'm sure it wouldn't have been that hard to tune Britney's vocals. I downloaded Melodyne and easily fixed her "bad" vocals. Such a shame. :/

Dang thanks for the research bb. Post from 2014. :kisses:

4 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

That's disgusting. If this is the case, and real Britney vocals exist for all the tracks, Anthony and will.i.am should be tried for fraud.

Larry and company also share blame too. :bigtime:

The most upsetting factor for me about "Britney Jean" is the message everyone involved sent:  Myah Marie does Britney better than the artist herself.  

I am so happy everything came correct on "Glory."  Had that sham record been successful, no doubt, we would have been rewarded with more vocals from Brit's studio twin. :sassybrit:

Guest Arckangel
10 hours ago, Someone Who Knows said:

I concede that the deception of it makes a difference, even if it's been done before. @ICouldntThinkOfOne had the most intelligent response.

@ICouldntThinkOfOne edit - tagged

The problem is the implication that Myah Marie dubbed the majority or even half of Britney Jean, which is false. She might (a theory) have sung certain leads here or there, but she was hired to do background vocals, and I believe that's mostly what she did, and I refuse to fall for that conspiracy.

The other problem is all of the contradictions: Britney sang most of Work *****, Myah sang most of Work *****; Britney sang most of Body Ache, Myah sang 70% of Body Ache, Myah sang 100% of Body AchePerfume has no Myah in it, Perfume has some Myah in it; Tik Tik Boom is mostly Britney,Tik Tik Boom has lots of Myah in it; It Should Be Easy has no Myah in it—just Britney and will.i.am—, It Should Be Easy has some Myah in it; Chillin' With You only has Myah on background vocals (maybe also the intro), Chillin' With You is all Myah and Jamie Lynn... And I could go on and on... Like Jamie Lynn would agree to duet w/ her sister only for Myah Marie to dub all of Britney's vocals? Come on!

After reading countless posts from several threads, Alien and Passenger are the only two tracks where Myah might truly have dubbed Britney's voice in certain key parts in an attempt to replace her, and even then, those tracks are mostly sung by Britney anyway.

The second verse of Body Ache and the chorus of Brightest Morning Star are also suspect (just a theory!), but chances are it's Britney's vocals mixed w/ Myah's. I, personally, don't have a problem w/ that.  It's common to mix a backup singer's voice w/ the lead singer's. 

And it's total nonsense for some to go as far as comparing Britney to Milli Vanilli that DID NOT UTTER A WORD—NOT EVEN A WHISPER on their record (they did not go to the recording studio at all!), whereas Britney sang MOST of Britney Jean (the final released version), whether or not Myah Marie sang some of the lead vocals.

On 6/25/2017 at 11:21 AM, Arckangel said:

The problem is the implication that Myah Marie dubbed the majority or even half of Britney Jean, which is false. She might (a theory) have sung certain leads here or there, but she was hired to do background vocals, and I believe that's mostly what she did, and I refuse to fall for that conspiracy. 

The other problem is all of the contradictions: Britney sang most of Work *****, Myah sang most of Work *****; Britney sang most of Body Ache, Myah sang 70% of Body Ache, Myah sang 100% of Body AchePerfume has no Myah in it, Perfume has some Myah in it; Tik Tik Boom is mostly Britney,Tik Tik Boom has lots of Myah in it; It Should Be Easy has no Myah in it—just Britney and will.i.am—, It Should Be Easy has some Myah in it; Chillin' With You only has Myah on background vocals (maybe also the intro), Chillin' With You is all Myah and Jamie Lynn... And I could go on and on... Like Jamie Lynn would agree to duet w/ her sister only for Myah Marie to dub all of Britney's vocals? Come on!

After reading countless posts from several threads, Alien and Passenger are the only two tracks where Myah might truly have dubbed Britney's voice in certain key parts in an attempt to replace her, and even then, those tracks are mostly sung by Britney anyway.

The second verse of Body Ache and the chorus of Brightest Morning Star are also suspect (just a theory!), but chances are it's Britney's vocals mixed w/ Myah's. I, personally, don't have a problem w/ that.  It's common to mix a backup singer's voice w/ the lead singer's. 

And it's total nonsense for some to go as far as comparing Britney to Milli Vanilli that DID NOT UTTER A WORD—NOT EVEN A WHISPER on their record (they did not go to the recording studio at all!), whereas Britney sang MOST of Britney Jean (the final released version), whether or not Myah Marie sang some of the lead vocals.

There are no contradictions in our side of the argument. All of our arguments line up, with the smallest except of one or two lines of the song (and that's a stretch).  

Our side of the argument is Myah is clearly visible on the majority of the album.

Jamie Lynn, from the moment she signed onto the project, would've been under the same contractual obligations as anyone else on Britney's team, or any other collaborator (NDA's all around as is standard protocol!). There was never any hint at a Britney/Jamie-Lynn collab when Britney was recording, and Anthony Preston is the vocal producer of the track and writer of the track, and once again, Myah is a listed singer on the track. Jamie was trying to launch her career, in the same way Sabi tried to launch her's. IF Jamie put her name on the dotted line of that contract (Be on Britney's album), she was contractually obliged to do it, and would have no control over what's done (its not her album, its Britney's, and was working with local producers, not big labels). 

Chillin' with You was literally on the album to make it appear personal, but compare Little Me (a song rumoured to be about Jamie Lynn) to Chillin'? a personal song about sisterhood? really?  I mean, Jamie Lynn is listed as one of either two or three writers on her own EP, yet she didn't write a lyrics on Chillin', despite the fact that its a song about sisterhood, but Will.I.am and the vocal producer are?. Odd, no?

Mixing vocals isn't a new thing, having someone (other than the labelled artist) sing a lead vocal,  and replacing the vocals of the labelled artist with someone else's isn't a common thing, unless you count the 2008 Olympics. 

Its total nonsense to compare Britney's career to Milli Vanilli's career, that degrades her talents, her hard work, her drive etc. however, its not total nonsense in the slightest to compare Britney Jean to Milli Vanilli: The lead vocals weren't the person being advertised. 

Why are we still having this debate? The majority of Britney fans recognise Britney's voice, and recognise that the majority of Britney Jean tracks barely feature Britney or don't feature Britney. You are in a tiny minority who fails to recognise Britney's voice, on the basis of high hopes, and Britney is the honest person she says she is. Once legal contracks are involved (and under a conservatorship where she has said she has no control, and was made to do things, a lot of legal contracts are involved, for the benefit of the brand, not the person). 

Do I actually have to go through each song and point out where the vocal changes take place?

1 hour ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Do I actually have to go through each song and point out where the vocal changes take place?

That would be nice, actually, because I am the first to admit that it's not her on the second verse of Body Ache, and there are a couple of other questionable places (the ad-libs at the end of Tik Tik Boom, for instance, or parts of Passenger), but the vast majority (90%+) of the album sounds like Britney to me, especially on the slower tracks like Perfume, Don't Cry, and Hold On Tight. The verses of Til It's Gone sound obviously Britney to me, all of It Should Be Easy, Work *****...I'm just not hearing this absurdity that she's on the 'majority' of the vocal tracks.

Guest Arckangel
23 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

There are no contradictions in our side of the argument. All of our arguments line up, with the smallest except of one or two lines of the song (and that's a stretch).  

Our side of the argument is Myah is clearly visible on the majority of the album.

Jamie Lynn, from the moment she signed onto the project, would've been under the same contractual obligations as anyone else on Britney's team, or any other collaborator (NDA's all around as is standard protocol!). There was never any hint at a Britney/Jamie-Lynn collab when Britney was recording, and Anthony Preston is the vocal producer of the track and writer of the track, and once again, Myah is a listed singer on the track. Jamie was trying to launch her career, in the same way Sabi tried to launch her's. IF Jamie put her name on the dotted line of that contract (Be on Britney's album), she was contractually obliged to do it, and would have no control over what's done (its not her album, its Britney's, and was working with local producers, not big labels). 

Chillin' with You was literally on the album to make it appear personal, but compare Little Me (a song rumoured to be about Jamie Lynn) to Chillin'? a personal song about sisterhood? really?  I mean, Jamie Lynn is listed as one of either two or three writers on her own EP, yet she didn't write a lyrics on Chillin', despite the fact that its a song about sisterhood, but Will.I.am and the vocal producer are?. Odd, no?

Mixing vocals isn't a new thing, having someone (other than the labelled artist) sing a lead vocal,  and replacing the vocals of the labelled artist with someone else's isn't a common thing, unless you count the 2008 Olympics. 

Its total nonsense to compare Britney's career to Milli Vanilli's career, that degrades her talents, her hard work, her drive etc. however, its not total nonsense in the slightest to compare Britney Jean to Milli Vanilli: The lead vocals weren't the person being advertised. 

Why are we still having this debate? The majority of Britney fans recognise Britney's voice, and recognise that the majority of Britney Jean tracks barely feature Britney or don't feature Britney. You are in a tiny minority who fails to recognise Britney's voice, on the basis of high hopes, and Britney is the honest person she says she is. Once legal contracks are involved (and under a conservatorship where she has said she has no control, and was made to do things, a lot of legal contracts are involved, for the benefit of the brand, not the person). 

Britney Jean was heavily edited, and just listening is not proof! Claiming Myah Marie dubbed some of the lead vocals is one thing, but you claim she dubbed the majority of the album which is plain false! Myah Marie, William Orbit and Britney's team all denied it. Pony up the evidence or we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. 

I don't think you realize how damaging such claims are. Just looking at those articles make me cringe.

And once again—MILLI VANILLI DID NOT SING ONE SINGLE WORD ON THEIR RECORD!!! Britney sang most of Britney Jean (she appears on every single track) and Myah did backups (maybe some leads), so yes, it is nonsense to even compare her to Milli Vanilli.

The Myah Jean scandal is horse manure initiated by her own father. It is that Star Magazine interview that snowballed the whole thing.

I have already listed all the contradictions in your arguments that hold no water (for the most part).

@Someone Who Knows, @soeffnperf, @ICouldntThinkOfOne I'll try to do it for you (talking about the lead vocals here):

Alien: Everything is Britney but the choruses and the "take me home"s, which are done by Myah.

Work *****: All Myah.

Perfume: All Britney.

It Should Be Easy: Verses are by Britney, Chorus by will.i.am, Bridge by Myah.

Tik Tik Boom: Everything is Britney except the ad-libs at the end and a very few words ("YOU'VE GOT A *** siren in your face", No more of the same THING"), which are done by Myah.

Body Ache: All Myah.

Til It's Gone: All Myah.

Passenger: Verses are by Britney except "my co-pilot yeah that's right, now i can just enjoy the riiiiiiide", rest is by Myah.

Chillin' With You: All Myah/Jamie Lynn.

Don't Cry: All Britney.

Brightest Morning Star: the "You are the light of my beautiful life, i can never let go, you're my brightest morning star" after the first chorus and that plays later during the second chorus is by Myah. Britney IS present on the chorus, but her vocals are played at an extremely low volume behind Myah's vocals. Everything else is Britney.

Hold On Tight: Mostly Britney, but some words and syllabes are done by Myah.

Spoiler

Blue is Britney, Yellow is Myah.

So wicked
In the way he moves
Don't
miss it
Do not be a fool

It's a long way
It's a long way home
Light inside of me
It ignites my bones

He comes to me in my dreams
And tells me what I need to know

He makes me feel so at ease
And guides me to the lights above
I just wanna fall into his arms
tonight
Someone tell me I, I will be alright
Hold on tight

Remembering, I forever will
Surrendering, just to how we
felt

It's a long way
It's a long way home
Light inside of me
It ignites my bones

tonight
Hold on tight

And when it's all the thunder and rain
The cinema is fading away
I gotta make my way through the night
Holding on with all of my might
And when I'm lost, and I can't the find the way
I feel the pieces breaking away
Hold myself with all of my might
Don't let go

Just hold on tight

Now That I Found You: The bridge and parts of the chorus ("I'm blown away", "i have found myself") are entirely by done by Myah, rest is Britney.

Et voila! :)

52 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

Britney Jean was heavily edited, and just listening is not proof! Claiming Myah Marie dubbed some of the lead vocals is one thing, but you claim she dubbed the majority of the album which is plain false! Myah Marie, William Orbit and Britney's team all denied it. Pony up the evidence or we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. 

I don't think you realize how damaging such claims are. Just looking at those articles make me cringe.

And once again—MILLI VANILLI DID NOT SING ONE SINGLE WORD ON THEIR RECORD!!! Britney sang most of Britney Jean (she appears on every single track) and Myah did backups (maybe some leads), so yes, it is nonsense to even compare her to Milli Vanilli.

The Myah Jean scandal is horse manure initiated by her own father. It is that Star Magazine interview that snowballed the whole thing.

I have already listed all the contradictions in your arguments that hold no water (for the most part).

Okay then, I'll be clearer: 

MYAH SANG THE LEAD VOCAL ON BRITNEY JEAN.
NO ONE ON THE ALBUM IS GOING TO CONFIRM IT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SING CONTRACTS.
William Orbit never denied it, he said that Will.I.Am's team messed up the vocals on Alien, and said the no autotune track that leaked was a practice run. He never said anything else. 
BRITNEY DIDN'T SING THE LEAD ON THIS ALBUM,. 
You haven't posted any contradictions. All you did is say ''other people hear Myah on the majority of tracks too!'

LISTENING TO THE ALBUM IS PROOF BECAUSE THAT'S NOT BRITNEY'S VOICE! 

Is it damaging? YES! its deserved for doing it though, because it made her team listen to fans and post through out the process of recording an album.

Jesus ******* Christ.

Guest Arckangel
11 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Okay then, I'll be clearer: 

MYAH SANG THE LEAD VOCAL ON BRITNEY JEAN.
NO ONE ON THE ALBUM IS GOING TO CONFIRM IT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SING CONTRACTS.
William Orbit never denied it, he said that Will.I.Am's team messed up the vocals on Alien, and said the no autotune track that leaked was a practice run. He never said anything else. 
BRITNEY DIDN'T SING THE LEAD ON THIS ALBUM,. 
You haven't posted any contradictions. All you did is say ''other people hear Myah on the majority of tracks too!'

LISTENING TO THE ALBUM IS PROOF BECAUSE THAT'S NOT BRITNEY'S VOICE! 

Is it damaging? YES! its deserved for doing it though, because it made her team listen to fans and post through out the process of recording an album.

Jesus ******* Christ.

*All you did is say ''other people hear Myah on the majority of tracks too!'*

When did I? I didn't. Can you read? I wrote that you guys keep contradicting yourselves, and I posted a list of said contradictions.

I also wrote that Myah might perhaps have sung some lead vocals but not anywhere as much as you do claim.

And no, listening is NOT PROOF! I sure as Hell know Britney's voice too 'cause I'm her age, 35, and I've been listening to her non-stop since 1998, and I saw her in concert like 5 times, so I know damn well what she sounds like. I've also listened to plenty of Myah Marie songs online, and even in her own solo songs, she may happen to sound like Britney, which is the reason why all you guys are so confused.

And once again, a bucket-load of effects and filters were used on BJ which affect the sound of the voice.

Yes, Myah Marie is on BJ; she was hired as a background vocalist! But no, she did not dub the whole record or most of it. No!

The burden of proof is not on me (the OFFICIAL word is Britney sang lead  Myah sang background); the burden of proof is on you and so far, not even evidence was posted, but mostly theories and assumptions.

Guest Arckangel
14 hours ago, LoanSPW said:

@Someone Who Knows, @soeffnperf, @ICouldntThinkOfOne I'll try to do it for you (talking about the lead vocals here):

Alien: Everything is Britney but the choruses and the "take me home"s, which are done by Myah.

Work *****: All Myah.

Perfume: All Britney.

It Should Be Easy: Verses are by Britney, Chorus by will.i.am, Bridge by Myah.

Tik Tik Boom: Everything is Britney except the ad-libs at the end and a very few words ("YOU'VE GOT A *** siren in your face", No more of the same THING"), which are done by Myah.

Body Ache: All Myah.

Til It's Gone: All Myah.

Passenger: Verses are by Britney except "my co-pilot yeah that's right, now i can just enjoy the riiiiiiide", rest is by Myah.

Chillin' With You: All Myah/Jamie Lynn.

Don't Cry: All Britney.

Brightest Morning Star: the "You are the light of my beautiful life, i can never let go, you're my brightest morning star" after the first chorus and that plays later during the second chorus is by Myah. Britney IS present on the chorus, but her vocals are played at an extremely low volume behind Myah's vocals. Everything else is Britney.

Reveal hidden contents

So wicked
In the way he moves
Don't
miss it
Do not be a fool

It's a long way
It's a long way home
Light inside of me
It ignites my bones

tonight
Hold on tight

felt

It's a long way
It's a long way home
Light inside of me
It ignites my bones

tonight
Hold on tight

Don't let go

Just hold on tight

Now That I Found You: The bridge and parts of the chorus ("I'm blown away", "i have found myself") are entirely by done by Myah, rest is Britney.

Et voila! :)

Blatant exaggerations! The Work ***** claim is completely FALSE! I have listened to the posted stems/a cappella/filtered audio whatever more than once, and NO, it's Britney on lead. Myah sings backups in the bridge and the following section!

A higher voice is heard when Britney sings the bridge; it's Myah in the background:

So hold your head high
Fingers to the sky
Now they don't believe ya
But they gonna need ya
Keep it building higher and higher and higher

Backups are also heard in this section:
Work work work work work work work work (Work!)
Work work (Work!)
Work work (Work!)
Work work (Work!)
Work

The Body Ache and Till It's Gone claims are also outrageously false! Myah at 100%?! I'd need real PROOF of that. Your simple assumption ain't enough. And you guys contradict yourselves way too often. Some of you hear Brit in those two songs, and some you don't...

The Chillin' With You claim is pure baloney, and it's risible! I KNOW BRITNEY'S VOICE, AND HELL YEAH, IT'S HER AND JAMIE LYNN. Myah only did BACKUPS!!! I never at one moment felt it wasn't Britney singing, and you certainly not gonna convince me with a pure unbacked, unproven assumption.

You might be right (just a theory!) when it comes to Alien and Passenger, but you'll need to post real EVIDENCE for all those other claims.

Guest Arckangel
12 hours ago, LoanSPW said:

Hide contents

So wicked
In the way he moves
Don't
miss it
Do not be a fool

It's a long way
It's a long way home
Light inside of me
It ignites my bones

tonight
Hold on tight

felt

It's a long way
It's a long way home
Light inside of me
It ignites my bones

tonight
Hold on tight

Don't let go

Just hold on tight

You're not making ANY sense here, and it's not even funny! The vocal tone and timber on "He comes to me in my dreams" and "He makes me feel so at ease" are EXACTLY THE SAME, yet you claim "He makes me feel" comes from another lead vocalist, Myah Marie??? Everything you've posted for this song is pure speculation.

Guest Arckangel
13 hours ago, LoanSPW said:

Let me get this straight... In many of your examples, there is no actual change in timber or tone. In some, there might, and that's your proof? So, Myah Marie is such a talented vocalist, she can mould her voice into anything, but Britney can only ever sound in one specific way? 

Myah Marie is a credited background vocalist on Tik Tik Boom, so of course, she'd be on it. It doesn't matter if she did the ad-libs; she is the background singer! You guys are making it sound like it's FRAUD! Why the Hell would you hire and PAY a backup singer only for her NOT to be on the record? Doesn't make sense! Of course, she would, and there's nothing wrong w/ that! The only thing that bothers you is that she sounds so much like Britney, but she even sounds that way on quite some of her own solo songs—nothing wrong w/ that!

As for "YOU'VE GOT A *** siren in your face", No more of the same THING", no absolute proof it's not Britney; pure speculation.

Archived