2 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

here's Britneys voice on BJ, and you can hear she struggles to belt higher notes, the same with perfume, and she has that raw wobble to end of her phrases

but then VOILA! out of nowhere, she's belting far high notes here....magic.

And VOILA, she's belting high notes in "What you need, MOTM, LVD, Stronger, Baby One More Time, From the bottom of my broken heart, etc, your point? You act like Britney's never sung high belter notes before. Was Myah hired to give vocals fro Britney's entire discography? By your logic, you're saying Britney can't sing high notes, so let's just go ham and say Britney's entire discography is a fraud :shameless:

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Arckangel
On 20/06/2017 at 4:12 PM, vnisverx said:

I'm looking for PROOF of this conspiracy theory that Myah Marie sang most/all of the vocals on Britney Jean. As in, actual factual evidence that this is supposedly the secret truth.

Saying "I'm a fan, I know her voice" is not proof, it's opinion. Saying "Britney doesn't sound like that" or "The lyrics obviously aren't her style" is also not proof, it's more opinion. Please do not waste your time spamming this topic with your feelings and emotions and hunches. I want receipts, kiddos  :bichpls:

My opinion: I do NOT think that Myah Marie had as big a part in these vocals as most people say. When I hear Myah Marie's own songs and the demos that she makes for Britney, it's clear to me that their voices are similar but not identical. I'm not sure why everybody is so quick to completely forget power of electronic engineering of voices and pitch adjustment and all sorts of really nifty technology (e.g. Auto-Tune) used all over the music industry to intentionally modify the original vocals.

Britney Jean was obviously heavily edited vocally and in its overall production. I don't find this as a reason to entertain this ridiculous theory that Myah Marie is the main vocalist here. But if your claims can be fact-checked, then let's hear them.

I totally agree w/ you. Here's a post I recently composed regarding the Myah Jean conspiracy:

The cause:

starcover-174a.jpg

The effect:

star-myah.jpeg

I remember reading the actual article in the physical copy of Star magazine (did not buy it!). Just think about it... Why would Star magazine, a tabloid that actually depreciates Britney, publish that headline? For her well-being and benefit? I highly doubt so. Britney's reputation as a live singer is quite damaged—largely by her own fault, I admit—, but to undermine her reputation as a studio singer, an actual recording artist? That's very much what Star magazine sought to do, and they've succeeded!

I'm now reading comments saying Myah Marie dubbed ALL of Britney's albums going as far back as ...Baby One More Time... :orangu: And there's that woman who commented that Jamie Lynn Spears must have dubbed her albums. That Star Magazine interview even gives credence to Eve's claims (she later took back) that Britney wasn't the one singing on Scream & Shout... So, was it Myah Marie too? lol

Star Magazine is SCUM (Britney said so herself calling them a fake tabloid), and this is the extent of the damage caused by that stupid, ******** hogwash. Myah Marie repeatedly denied it, and I believe her. It's funny how all those fans are seasoned audio experts able to tell exactly where Myah Marie is, yet their theories keep conflicting. They don't seem to understand how much filters and effects can modify one's vocals, and a bucketload were utilized on Britney Jean. And think about it... If Myah Marie is so talented she can make her voice sound different, why couldn't Britney? So, Myah can sound like anyone, but Britney can only ever sound the same? Britney also the ability to modify her tone and timber.  End of story.

EDIT: And when I think of it... Murray Langston claimed his daughter only made $1,000 per song and doesn't get residuals, which he found "pretty chintzy". Here we go: jealousy! That and whatever money he may have been paid by Star magazine (greed!) to spew his venom. Even if the money claim is true (not Britney's fault), he had no right to disparage and embarrass her like that. Some people play real dirty for revenge and/or money.

Remember that chick that mimicked Britney's voice (badly) and claimed all sorts of bollocks (on Radar Online w/ Jason Alexander) saying she had an ******** 'cause she didn't want to have another kid that'd grow up without a father (Britney's kids were never separated from their dad), that Jason Trawick used to beat her up, planned to sell vacation photos, etc.? How much was she paid for that?

And that ex-bodyguard of Britney's, Fernando Flores, that claimed even more bollocks such as Britney ******** harassing him, partaking in drunken ****** on tour (Britney wasn't even on tour that year—in 2010—), Britney beating up her kids and feeding them crab meat they're supposedly allergic to? Worst thing, Flores ended up receiving an out-of-court settlement for all his lies. How much has he been paid?

Britney on Star Magazine and other lying gossip tabloids:

Dear False Tabloids,

As you read this letter, I bet you are asking yourself: Who? Who, me? Am I a false tabloid? Well, I don’t know. But after this posting, I hope you are asking yourself a lot of questions. Your employees are a reflection of your magazine. Do you, Us Weekly, In Touch, Star and other desperate magazines want employees who are honest, or those who are liars? It seems to me that you’d prefer the latter. I’m really concerned about the people you hire to work at your companies. I’d like them to ask themselves the question, "What am I lying to myself about?" Is it that you are 50 pounds overweight? Is it that your children aren’t making wise decisions? Or is it maybe that your husband or boyfriend is cheating on you? Until you face what is going on in your life, I guess you’ll remain a false tabloid.

Britney

P.S. People Magazine is great in my book!

Guest Arckangel
On 20/06/2017 at 9:45 PM, BraveNewSeth said:

EXACTLY. I remember reading an interview from 2001 where Britney confirmed that she came up with the melody for a lot of the song she wrote on Britney, instead of the lyrics. It's more common than a lot of us think. Having said that, I still think the BJ writing credits are fraudulent.

Anyways, we have confirmation that Britney sings all LEAD vocals on Work *****. Download the multitracks, there's no labeled files where Myah is on lead. We also know that Britney doesn't sing the "not alone" hook on Alien, the leaked stems confirm this. And last but not least,  *Nick, a popular Britney fan and remixer, confirmed that Britney only sings the verses on  Passenger and the chorus and middle 8 are all Myah and Sia. But that's all we have for confirmation, everything else is speculation. Though I do belief that Myah sings a lot more on BJ than we know. I was listening to Body Ache the other day and nothing in that song sounds like Britney. Same with Chillin' With You.

I highly doubt that Jamie Lynn would have agreed to duet w/ her own sister only for another woman to dub all of Britney's vocals! Myah Marie is credited for doing background vocals on Chillin' With You, so of course, she was gonna be on it! What's the point of hiring a background vocalist if they're gonna be absent from the record?

As for Body Ache, the booklet lists no backup singer but 5 vocal producers and engineers: "Vocal Production by Anthony Preston for will.i.am music, llc", "Vocals Recorded & Engineered by Julian Prindle at Glenwood Place Studios, Burbank, CA & at Record Plant, Hollywood, CA" and "Vocal Engineering Assisted by Jacob Dennis, AJ Clark & Billy Hickey". 

Now, you see all the work that went into those vocals? Yes, Britney's tone sounds a bit different in the second verse. Maybe she just modified her tone; any good singer can do that (unless it's her voice mixed w/ Myah's). If Myah's in Body Ache, she's uncredited.

On 21.06.2017 at 4:05 AM, ITZFFGL said:

It's not 100% the same.

for instance Katy sings "I can't let go and no-ot know" whereas Britney sings "I can't let go and not know" 

even changing a piece of a melody warrants a songwriting credit. songwriting is not just about the words. Beyoncé does it all the time. we don't know what Britney contributed or decided to the recording session, but her version is sung nothing like Katy's, lyrics aside.

umm but why britney's name is written before the others'?how is she the main songwriter even though  she didn't even change/add a word?:xcuseme:

-

and ı read somethings about early mornin', he about to lose me etc on the previous pages, yes, britney(or producers, whatever) had others sing leads on the choruses of some of her older songs too but it is not the same thing with having someone else sing leads on your album for many songs.

10 hours ago, vnisverx said:

@ICouldntThinkOfOne: In that lengthy timeline that just got quoted, you mention the album being scrapped, which I believe because I know it was supposed to be more urban than EDM originally. But I don't think it makes sense to say, "Let's fake credits and have another woman sing in place of Britney" instead of using the more urban tracks that were already recorded. Why release an album that is much less Britney and rushed and poorly produced if you already have honest material that could have been used...?

You do know as well that the early bits of Glory were scrapped and then restarted because Britney didn't like what they had produced/written after a few months of work, right? So although this all seems to make sense as a theory, all I've ever asked from the moment I opened this topic was for any proof that anybody could provide from sources themselves. I see that I'm not going to get that.

You do know the music business is called a business for a reason? They want to make sure they're reaching certain demographics with whatever the trend is or what the GP want: as much as Britney, her fans and pop lovers wanted her to release B0 2.0, her label saw that HIAM (a dance track with EDM elements), TTWE (a high energy dance track), I wanna Go (Another dance track), and  S&S (Another dance track) all sold incredibly well and got airplay, where as Criminal (the fan choice) was met with mixed reactions. The label saw that high energy dance tracks did well with buyers, and realised that, for what they wanted to achieve in regards to selling, trends and reaching out to demographics, urban music was losing popularity, while dance tracks were picking up again.  Is it not strange that they released RIGHT at the end of the EDM trend, if it was all done? 

The industry isn't just about artistry and expression, its a business.   As dishonest as it is, its done, and its done as a cash grab (think about how many writers have said ''yeah, beyonce wasn't the main writer of this song, actually she had nothing to do with the song'', but is still listened as writer/producer?). Britney's writing credits on the album are a brilliant example of it too (listen to the tik tik boom demo, and the passenger demo, which britney is listed as the main writer, while having changed nothing). 

Britney Jean wasn't an album that had material chosen over other material, or had a natural change in direction. Very soon to the release, the original album was scrapped, and they brought in Will.I.Am. Have you read the credits? is it not strange that, despite working on music for a year and a half, all the tracks have will.I.am as a writer, or producer, and if its not will, its anthony preston, who is part of will's team? 

even if you ignore everything else, do you not find it odd that the two names that appear all over the album are Will.I.am, and Anthony Preston, despite working with a lot of other writers?

8 hours ago, ashleyBritboy said:

It's just Exhale being Exhale. Tbh, if the album was a big success, no one on here would be claiming Myah was singing most of the album. It's just bitter Exhale being bitter Exhale. Britney's worst haters are on Exhell.

I can hear Myah in some songs (especially Body ache second verse) but I can also hear Britney in the same said songs. I'm also annoyed that you can hear Myah but to say Britney is "a fraud", "Myah sang 80% of BJ", wtf? If Britney ever read this stuff (which I'm sure she has) no wonder she's scared of some of her fans, how can someone call themselves a fan yet be so angry and hateful towards Britney? 

By all means, critisize Britney, as fans we have those rights (just addressing the inevitable "We don't have to be Britards and love everything Britney does" comments). But to call her a fraud, etc, is being a hater, not a fan. Simple as that. 

I personally don't like BJ, not because of the Myah stuff ruining it but because I just don't like the album (except work b :cinderellaney:), the promo was non existent, FFT-ney was still there, production is ****, she should've just released 'Work B' & 'Perfume', without an album tbh.:forkit:

its not being bitter, its a bad album that didn't feature Britney singing. saying ''Britney didn't sing lead lead vocals on the majority of tracks isn't a ridiculous statement or being bitter. 

8 hours ago, ashleyBritboy said:

And VOILA, she's belting high notes in "What you need, MOTM, LVD, Stronger, Baby One More Time, From the bottom of my broken heart, etc, your point? You act like Britney's never sung high belter notes before. Was Myah hired to give vocals fro Britney's entire discography? By your logic, you're saying Britney can't sing high notes, so let's just go ham and say Britney's entire discography is a fraud :shameless:

She's singing high notes in a falsetto voice in LYD, MOTM. and you can hear the crackle in her voice on the higher notes in WYN. Stronger, Baby and FTB were recorded, what? 15 years before BJ? Before she really started using the midnasal, ''baby'' voice? 

I'm not saying Britney can't sing high notes. What I'm saying is, isn't it strange that, on some tracks, Britney's voice is cracking on the higher notes, however, on other tracks, while singing higher notes, she's belting them AND sustaining on the same album? not strange at all?

3 hours ago, Arckangel said:

I totally agree w/ you. Here's a post I recently composed regarding the Myah Jean conspiracy:

The cause:

starcover-174a.jpg

The effect:

star-myah.jpeg

I remember reading the actual article in the physical copy of Star magazine (did not buy it!). Just think about it... Why would Star magazine, a tabloid that actually depreciates Britney, publish that headline? For her well-being and benefit? I highly doubt so. Britney's reputation as a live singer is quite damaged—largely by her own fault, I admit—, but to undermine her reputation as a studio singer, an actual recording artist? That's very much what Star magazine sought to do, and they've succeeded!

I'm now reading comments saying Myah Marie dubbed ALL of Britney's albums going as far back as ...Baby One More Time... :orangu: And there's that woman who commented that Jamie Lynn Spears must have dubbed her albums. That Star Magazine interview even gives credence to Eve's claims (she later took back) that Britney wasn't the one singing on Scream & Shout... So, was it Myah Marie too? lol

Star Magazine is SCUM (Britney said so herself calling them a fake tabloid), and this is the extent of the damage caused by that stupid, ******** hogwash. Myah Marie repeatedly denied it, and I believe her. It's funny how all those fans are seasoned audio experts able to tell exactly where Myah Marie is, yet their theories keep conflicting. They don't seem to understand how much filters and effects can modify one's vocals, and a bucketload were utilized on Britney Jean. And think about it... If Myah Marie is so talented she can make her voice sound different, why couldn't Britney? So, Myah can sound like anyone, but Britney can only ever sound the same? Britney also the ability to modify her tone and timber.  End of story.

EDIT: And when I think of it... Murray Langston claimed his daughter only made $1,000 per song and doesn't get residuals, which he found "pretty chintzy". Here we go: jealousy! That and whatever money he may have been paid by Star magazine (greed!) to spew his venom. Even if the money claim is true (not Britney's fault), he had no right to disparage and embarrass her like that. Some people play real dirty for revenge and/or money.

Remember that chick that mimicked Britney's voice (badly) and claimed all sorts of bollocks (on Radar Online w/ Jason Alexander) saying she had an ******** 'cause she didn't want to have another kid that'd grow up without a father (Britney's kids were never separated from their dad), that Jason Trawick used to beat her up, planned to sell vacation photos, etc.? How much was she paid for that?

And that ex-bodyguard of Britney's, Fernando Flores, that claimed even more bollocks such as Britney ******** harassing him, partaking in drunken ****** on tour (Britney wasn't even on tour that year—in 2010—), Britney beating up her kids and feeding them crab meat they're supposedly allergic to? Worst thing, Flores ended up receiving an out-of-court settlement for all his lies. How much has he been paid?

Britney on Star Magazine and other lying gossip tabloids:

Dear False Tabloids,

As you read this letter, I bet you are asking yourself: Who? Who, me? Am I a false tabloid? Well, I don’t know. But after this posting, I hope you are asking yourself a lot of questions. Your employees are a reflection of your magazine. Do you, Us Weekly, In Touch, Star and other desperate magazines want employees who are honest, or those who are liars? It seems to me that you’d prefer the latter. I’m really concerned about the people you hire to work at your companies. I’d like them to ask themselves the question, "What am I lying to myself about?" Is it that you are 50 pounds overweight? Is it that your children aren’t making wise decisions? Or is it maybe that your husband or boyfriend is cheating on you? Until you face what is going on in your life, I guess you’ll remain a false tabloid.

Britney

P.S. People Magazine is great in my book!

what points contradict each other? because claiming EVERYONE IS JUST JEALOUS has no basis, also, isn't it funny Britney never wrote a similar piece like that to address claims?. Literally, everything adds up compared to the ''oh look, he might have the actual stems, and has actually heard the studio recording, but he's just jealous!'' or ''Britney fans are bitter!''. 

10 hours ago, Jill Valentine said:

I really don't think Britney is on the album version of "Passenger" at all.  It's a straight up Myah Marie vocal performance 100%, hence why she isn't credited dong "backing vocals" she's leading this one instead. The way Britney sings "hand over the keys oh"/"my copilot yeah that's right..." is different here than it is on the album.  What's sad is these vocals are fine, but both will.i.am and her team thought they could fool fans.  :nyheadache:

this is one I think fell victim to editing on the britney parts, some parts seem like they were corrected to different notes, and then the ends of phrase or verses were Myah (see the end of the first verse, when she's key, she goes from a deeper, slightly shakey tone, to a high more solid one....all of a sudden?), the chorus is completely Myah and Bridge!

3 hours ago, Arckangel said:

I highly doubt that Jamie Lynn would have agreed to duet w/ her own sister only for another woman to dub all of Britney's vocals! Myah Marie is credited for doing background vocals on Chillin' With You, so of course, she was gonna be on it! What's the point of hiring a background vocalist if they're gonna be absent from the record?

As for Body Ache, the booklet lists no backup singer but 5 vocal producers and engineers: "Vocal Production by Anthony Preston for will.i.am music, llc", "Vocals Recorded & Engineered by Julian Prindle at Glenwood Place Studios, Burbank, CA & at Record Plant, Hollywood, CA" and "Vocal Engineering Assisted by Jacob Dennis, AJ Clark & Billy Hickey". 

Now, you see all the work that went into those vocals? Yes, Britney's tone sounds a bit different in the second verse. Maybe she just modified her tone; any good singer can do that (unless it's her voice mixed w/ Myah's). If Myah's in Body Ache, she's uncredited.

is this Britney's voice? yes or no? its a very simple question. As you said, no backing vocalists listed. this is the lead vocal

Guest Arckangel
16 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

is this Britney's voice? yes or no? its a very simple question. As you said, no backing vocalists listed. this is the lead vocal

Totally sounds like Britney to me. It's true Myah has a knack for sounding like her (which is the source of the confusion), but Britney's voice sounds little softer to me. Also, if Myah Marie dubbed the whole Body Ache track, why does her tone kinda changes in the second verse? Does that mean that another background vocalist dubbed Myah Marie's voice? :orangu:

Once again, Body Ache had like 5 vocal producers and engineers, which is why Britney might sound different to you on it.

See, Myah Marie does background vocals on Till The World Ends. What if people starting saying she dubbed the whole track?

1 minute ago, Arckangel said:

Totally sounds like Britney to me. It's true Myah has a knack for sounding like her (which is the source of the confusion), but Britney's voice sounds little softer to me. Also, if Myah Marie dubbed the whole Body Ache track, why does her tone kinda changes in the second verse? Does that mean that another background vocalist dubbed Myah Marie's voice? :orangu:

Once again, Body Ache had like 5 vocal producers and engineers, which is why Britney might sound different to you on it.

See, Myah Marie does background vocals on Till The World Ends. What if people starting saying she dubbed the whole track?

I'm sorry, but you do not know Britney's voice if, after 7 albums where's she sang in everyway possible, you cannot tell the difference between britney's breathy vocals, or deep tone, or baby voice or anything britney has done, and a track that has no backing singers, but sounds identical to Myah Marie, the writer of the track, and Body Ache is the worst examle of what they did with Britney Jean. Its Myah doing her best Britney impression.

No one is saying Myah dubbed TTWE, because she was JUST a backing singer on that track. You can hear Britney's raw, slightly croaky voice and southern drawl on it, and we have the lead vocal stem for that track too. 

With Body Ache, we have a lead vocal stem that doesn't have any Britney qualities.

@Arckangel Britney has changed her tone throughout many songs on many albums. She's played with her voice before (even with vocoder) and "she's" never sounded the way "she" does on Britney Jean.

You even notice it yourself, there's a shift in the second verse. Body Ache is literally a Frank.en.stein creation of Britney and Myah's vocals. They're all spliced together.

Now here's a question. Myah does bg vocals for tracks on Femme Fatale and Circus. So why don't we question if Britney sang those tracks? Why doesn't Britney's tone suddenly change on either of those two albums in a way that has nothing to do with the musical composition like on Body Ache?

Why is there doubt for Britney Jean but not the other two albums Myah appears on?

Guest Arckangel
29 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

@Arkangel its worth mentioning that that's the track Myah wrote.

I know, and Britney's also credited for writing alongside 9 other writers. Compare these below. It's from Femme Fatale, but it may help us distinguish Myah Marie's voice from Britney Spears'. The first upload may actually contain Britney vocals.

Archived