POLL: Britney's career has come to the identical crossroads that both Mariah Carey and Janet Jackson's did...whose path will she follow with b10

Army1

POLL: Britney's career has come to the identical crossroads that both Mariah Carey and Janet Jackson's did...whose path will she follow with b10  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, button said:

hi sweetie what's up

i'm less active because of school thats all

Thats good! Hope its going well! Ive been kind of quiet around here too...it's been so dead and uninspiring lately. 

I don't see a mimi type comeback but I think B10 will be bigger... MM was a great song but it's not a typical 'Britney' song... I think she should come back with a classic Britney style uptempo dance pop... as long as the first single gets a great video with great visuals I think the next era will do so much better especially if she's not promoting pom and can fully promote the album. Hopefully they will use the whole '20 yrs in the biz' as hype... 

I think with Glory Britney has broken the path of kinda faking her voice to the music. On FF her voice was overproduced, don't get me started with BJ. And also she had a Karen, who helped her in making music she wants. On Glory she sounds like herself again, more natural. So what I think, that she will follow this patf of doing what she wants. I wanted her to do more urban sound but also more upbeat. Whichever direction she might take, we won't get that much promo we want. Maybe when she will have her hands free but I kinda feel like 2018 will be all touring and stuff. I want her to have big commercial success with her upcoming music, she deserve it. 

Damito jo flopped?

I love discipline! lol

I never really liked mariahs 'massive' albums; they were somewhat safe and boring to me. It would be nice if Britney had a major successful album, sure, but as long as the quality is there I'm cool if she releases a 'discipline' ;) 
I'm thinking because she is more about her homelife rather than the spotlight,  I think she will do the janet route. I'm ready for her to prove me wrong tho!

11 hours ago, WootsWow said:

Glory is a good album but nothing experimental about it.:plzexplain:

Come on sis, are you crazy? She really experimented this time, even in foreign languages. What about Private Show, What You Need, Change Your Mind, Better, Coupure Electrique, Liar, If I'm Dancing? (I could go on forever). Even Slumber Party sounds really different from anything she had done before.:nyschool:

11 hours ago, Pedro Dantas said:

True, but she's not Gwen or Alicia. She's pop sensation Britney Spears and she should be selling at least 400 000 like JT or Beyoncé.

It's not surprising that she has good single debuts. She has a big fanbase. Debuting at #17 and having a huge fall the following week actually shows that lost lots of fans and that the GP isn't here for her.

And Glory did get promo: Today Show, VMAs, Carpool, etc.

I agree with you about the release date. RCA had an entire summer to release the damn album and chose to do it when the market started getting crowded. They're a **** label and they manage to ruin everyone's sucess (even before they debut, like Tinashe). Bangerz was an era worthy of 5 or 6 singles but only got 3 because, after Adore You flopped, they cancelled the era completly. And let's not get started on Kelly's My December era...

I can already imagine them handling B10. They'll forget to send the lead single to radio (or iTunes tbh) and the album will leak in physical two months before the album is released.

400,000 is delusional honestly with the massive decline in album sales not to mention Britney not being a hot new artist. I think something in the 200 to maybe around 300 is more plausible! I used Alicia And Gwen as examples because they are older females who have been around awhile like Britney! 

2 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

400,000 is delusional honestly with the massive decline in album sales not to mention Britney not being a hot new artist. I think something in the 200 to maybe around 300 is more plausible! I used Alicia And Gwen as examples because they are older females who have been around awhile like Britney! 

Why dont we compare her to beyonce?

I love we belong together and i still sing it in the shower. 

I'm sure she will pool a mariah. They learned now that they need a massive hit like work ***** as lead single, and she won't be delivering a terrible will i am produce album. B10 will have the best of all it's predecesors, give us great videos, a massive, sold out world tour and then RETIREMENT

:foh:

bookmark me

45 minutes ago, Army1 said:

I tried so many times but couldnt find a way to do it...any advice? 

Click the blue "Edit" button under your original post and then it's the A with the gray underline and down arrow (2nd button from right). Every once in a while there will be an editing issue if the post is older so that might be happening but changing a color should be easy.

It all comes down to promo, Mariah promoted Emancipation of Mimi everywhere, Grammys, VMAS, BET, Talk shows, late Nights, a tour. Britney will probably just want to start a new show in Vegas Record during her breaks, release 2 singles, and barely promote. If Britney tried Like she did in 2002 she could pull a Mariah, if she tries Like she does now she'll continue to flop. 

42 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

Click the blue "Edit" button under your original post and then it's the A with the gray underline and down arrow (2nd button from right). Every once in a while there will be an editing issue if the post is older so that might be happening but changing a color should be easy.

Weird, I inly have BIU button 

Archived