Britney is going to renew Piece Of Me (this is why)

britneyausfan

Please correct me if you think I am wrong but:

- She is still selling it out at close to capacity

- She gets to fly home to LA after if she wishes

- She is comfortable

- Her entire team continue to get paid from her for doing basically no work 

- She is enjoying it (she gets to perform, stay close to her kids, gets extended breaks) 

- She basically is almost a nostalgia act, her last two albums haven't sold that well, going on a world tour would be a huge risk as opposed to staying in the residency which has given consistent results

- Maybe she is just really over touring. Remember her last world tour (Femme Fatale?) she looked like she hated it. I feel like she seemed that way to start with the vegas residency but now she seems to be enjoying it, so if she can still be paid an insane amount and do something she enjoys, why stop?

- Which brings me to my last point.... why stop? Can anyone give an actual valid reason why, if you were Britney in her current phase in her life, would stop? 

im ready to be dragged, but I live in LA so I go down a few times a year to see her so i am for the extension :) 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kind of agree. We all want her to go on tour and be very successful again, but you can't build a house starting by the roof. She first needs a huge hit to have her name out there, everywhere, again. Then she'll be able to go on a world tour without a tragic number of tickets sold. But of course, this requires a lot of promo and effort which Britney/her team is not willing to make. :angietea:

I can see her wanting to stay in Vegas but it seems the opposite of her wanting to do new things often. Vegas is very formulaic. Yes they add a few new songs and throw in a new leotard here and there, but it's not really a complete new show each time. She's essentially been doing the same thing for four years. I would think she'd be bored with it but I guess not. Especially since she has said she loves to travel. But she also seems very uninterested in being a pop star anyway so I can understand it

• Super Mods

I know she enjoys it but that doesnt mean she cant do other things. I just think her team doesn't know what to do with her and they keep playing it safe with trying to make her as a nostalgia act. I feel she wants to do other things too but she is an artist and a creative person so she needs help in the business part of it and shes just surrounded by outdated people. 

3 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

I know she enjoys it but that doesnt mean she cant do other things. I just think her team doesn't know what to do with her and they keep playing it safe with trying to make her as a nostalgia act. I feel she wants to do other things too but she is an artist and a creative person so she needs help in the business part of it and shes just surrounded by outdated people. 

I think an extension would weed out a few toxic stans that are pretty much only here at this point for generic radio bops and chart success. (The Femme Fatale Era Stans)

Britney's at the point in her career where she needs to expand her artistry. I sound like a broken record saying this over and over again but it's true.

Enough of Larry's hype gimmicks, I want a true "Ray of Light" album from her.

Listening to Madonna's discography from 1980 to 2005 and hearing that sonical evolution is MAGICAL.

I really want that from Britney. She's been stagnant since Blackout. Circus was too safe, Femme Fatale and Britney Jean were two steps backwards.

Glory has given me hope. I would have never expected Britney to give us an experimental song in another language like Coupure Electrique.

Give me more of that Britney! Do the fully R&B/Urban album that you were never given the push to create! Do it!

24 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I think an extension would weed out a few toxic stans that are pretty much only here at this point for generic radio bops and chart success. (The Femme Fatale Era Stans)

Britney's at the point in her career where she needs to expand her artistry. I sound like a broken record saying this over and over again but it's true.

Enough of Larry's hype gimmicks, I want a true "Ray of Light" album from her.

Listening to Madonna's discography from 1980 to 2005 and hearing that sonical evolution is MAGICAL.

I really want that from Britney. She's been stagnant since Blackout. Circus was too safe, Femme Fatale and Britney Jean were two steps backwards.

Glory has given me hope. I would have never expected Britney to give us an experimental song in another language like Coupure Electrique.

Give me more of that Britney! Do the fully R&B/Urban album that you were never given the push to create! Do it!

I rather have that rock album she wanted during FF :staysalty:

- she is losing fans every single day

- the reason her albums and singles are doing bad is POM itself

- Soon tickets will start dropping

- Gp thinks she's doing nothing and considers her irrelevant because shes in there for 5 years now

- Its ruining her career so once she decides to stop (she will get bored sooner or later) her albums wont even break 50k in sales, she'll hardly release any singles because her label wont want to spend money on an artist that lost her entire fanbase and the support of GP

- Radio stations wont even consider playing  her anymore

All in all, POM is good for the present, and thats the problem, Britney and her team are literally not even looking into the future one bit. Yes right now its awesome and earning them a lot of cash, but at some point it wont. Once she starts losing money more than she gains she will want to earn more, her team along with her, but she wont be able to no matter how hard she tries.

You may think she doesnt wanna be famous right now but she WILL get bored eventually i can guarantee you that, and it will be a hard blow to take once she realizes everyone stopped caring about her and about what she has to offer :mhm:  I wish them luck tbh, because if they do choose this path they are all being collectively stupid:nydisgust:

Well I will give you a couple of reasons.

3 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

- she is losing fans every single day

- the reason her albums and singles are doing bad is POM itself

- Soon tickets will start dropping

- Gp thinks she's doing nothing and considers her irrelevant because shes in there for 5 years now

- Its ruining her career so once she decides to stop (she will get bored sooner or later) her albums wont even break 50k in sales, she'll hardly release any singles because her label wont want to spend money on an artist that lost her entire fanbase and the support of GP

- Radio stations wont even consider playing  her anymore

All in all, POM is good for the present, and thats the problem, Britney and her team are literally not even looking into the future one bit. Yes right now its awesome and earning them a lot of cash, but at some point it wont. Once she starts losing money more than she gains she will want to earn more, her team along with her, but she wont be able to no matter how hard she tries.

You may think she doesnt wanna be famous right now but she WILL get bored eventually i can guarantee you that, and it will be a hard blow to take once she realizes everyone stopped caring about her and about what she has to offer :mhm:  I wish them luck tbh, because if they do choose this path they are all being collectively stupid:nydisgust:

On top of that, vegas is visited by people that are DRUNK and DON't pay attention to her (she basically said it herself) 

THAT makes her lazy. Look at stars like , JT, Bey heck even Madonna and Janet work their ***** off still, and it shows.

in the end, no one will want to go to see a show that has been running for 5 years. "Britney Spears" won't be enough to pull people inn, and this they'll lose the audience, money and they will have wasted time on her being a mediocre (sorry but it's true these days, if she had the same energy during the FFT IT would be near primeney) 

she doesn't get the room to grow as an artist nor as a perfor- sorry SINGER. 

Now mentally it HAS been good I can't look away from that.

nostalgia can only take you so long.

she's also way to young for vegas

my advice is: either step it up and get out of vegas to be able to squeeze hits by not Half-assing an era with amazing music, and don't be cheap, OR retire now. Itms better to end now than to destroy her legacy.

Valid enough?

Personally? Britney should absolutely renew POM. She's making $30+ million a year basically working less than she ever has (excluding the Blackout era).

Professionally? POM is doing major, major damage to the relevancy of the Britney brand, and when it finally ends it may have ended her career along with it :forkit:

Archived