Britney is going to renew Piece Of Me (this is why)

britneyausfan

• Super Mods
2 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I think an extension would weed out a few toxic stans that are pretty much only here at this point for generic radio bops and chart success. (The Femme Fatale Era Stans)

Britney's at the point in her career where she needs to expand her artistry. I sound like a broken record saying this over and over again but it's true.

Enough of Larry's hype gimmicks, I want a true "Ray of Light" album from her.

Listening to Madonna's discography from 1980 to 2005 and hearing that sonical evolution is MAGICAL.

I really want that from Britney. She's been stagnant since Blackout. Circus was too safe, Femme Fatale and Britney Jean were two steps backwards.

Glory has given me hope. I would have never expected Britney to give us an experimental song in another language like Coupure Electrique.

Give me more of that Britney! Do the fully R&B/Urban album that you were never given the push to create! Do it!

Dude thats how I feel. Everything you said. Every celebrity won't always be on top and even Madonna and Michael but both were able to have that period where they were able to explore their artistry which only solidified their legendary status.  Britney has been pressured to make hits and make money for those around her that she wasn't able to do that abd even when she tried, it gets scrapped because the label wants to churn out a profit. I'm sure she intentionally wanted to flop so that the label can get off her back and focus on another cash cow for a change. I recently got to talk to an artist, no one super famous but he told me that its not what it seems in the music industry that labels don't technically fund albums. Yeah they give you capital upfront and you assume thats like free money but technically its a loan cuz once your album is out, its no joke that they do take a large portion of the album sales listing things like agents fees, studio time, producers, publishing rights,  tour sales, music videos etc. Basically its all borrowed money that the artist had to pay back somehow and on top of that the label takes a large cut just for themselves. Its a horrible business and I can understand why Britney doesnt put in the effort to promote. Like why should she work her *** off just so at the end of the day she gets pennies and the rest goes to the pockets of execs that mainly just sit on their *****. Thats why musicians tour and thats why todays artists are pressured to promote because they need the exposure and to establish themselves while Britney is already a household name. 

anyways, Glory proves that shes going into the right direction. For years she was mocked and criticized for making instant noodle pop and now critics can now look at her work seriously without rolling their eyes or turn their nose up and with a few more albums, hopefully the gp can finally see her true talents and see her in a new light. 

I never had a problem with her current status and the only meltdown I had was the original make me video which just reminds me how much the people around her sensors her and holds her back. I know for sure its not her that scrape it, it shows with Glory that she is taking risks and challenging herself and thats very consistent with how she is throughout her career otherwise we wouldnt have the slaves or everytimes, then we have the fans that holds her back by trying to play it safe and wanting her to only make hits. 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think ppl are being dramatic af. She's selling out tickets cause she's still very relevant, people want to see her live. She's still very successful clearly. She promoted MM a lot but it didn't work. A lot of Britney's songs didn't chart high, doesn't mean much. She's 35 and there's a whole new generation of Pop girls. The only thing I hope is that she's inspired to grow musically and sing live someday. :idkney:

Am I the only on tired of these negative threads???? Omg people act like she's not sold over 100 million albums. She's done so much in her career and has had so much more success than most artists.  Why can't people be happy with that? If she's happy that's all that matters, because there was a time in her life when she wasn't happy and she was harassed by people daily. It makes me sick to see her own fans picking her apart all the time.  I'm not trying to drag anybody but come on, just be happy she's happy. 

Guest $elfish
6 hours ago, Circus Leader said:

It might look good for her today, but she will regreat it tomorrow.

Her relevancy has an artist will keep on droping to a new low.

I agree :bthink:

9 hours ago, britneyausfan said:

- Which brings me to my last point.... why stop? Can anyone give an actual valid reason why, if you were Britney in her current phase in her life, would stop? 

It's kind of affecting her career and relevancy badly also she is missing award shows because of Vegas either that or she's too lazy to go there , people literally think britney is dead or retired 

(this doesn't really affect her career but ) her over seas fans who can't offord tickets and a plane to America won't get a chance to see her in person 

she's turning into a 90s 000s act 

she's barely promoting her songs 

isn't she only like preforming dywco , sp and make me ? In Vegas 

didnt she say she missed touring in some interview recently I'm not sure which one but I remember hearing that :weirdmeout:

9 hours ago, Streets said:

Personally? Britney should absolutely renew POM. She's making $30+ million a year basically working less than she ever has (excluding the Blackout era).

Professionally? POM is doing major, major damage to the relevancy of the Britney brand, and when it finally ends it may have ended her career along with it :forkit:

her career is already over :shameless:

7 hours ago, 2loveletgo said:

Am I the only on tired of these negative threads???? Omg people act like she's not sold over 100 million albums. She's done so much in her career and has had so much more success than most artists.  Why can't people be happy with that? If she's happy that's all that matters, because there was a time in her life when she wasn't happy and she was harassed by people daily. It makes me sick to see her own fans picking her apart all the time.  I'm not trying to drag anybody but come on, just be happy she's happy. 

exactly and tbh I prefer to see her in Vegas, not home doing runway :byebitch:

15 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I think an extension would weed out a few toxic stans that are pretty much only here at this point for generic radio bops and chart success. (The Femme Fatale Era Stans)

Britney's at the point in her career where she needs to expand her artistry. I sound like a broken record saying this over and over again but it's true.

Listening to Madonna's discography from 1980 to 2005 and hearing that sonical evolution is MAGICAL.

I really want that from Britney. She's been stagnant since Blackout. Circus was too safe, Femme Fatale and Britney Jean were two steps backwards.

Glory has given me hope. I would have never expected Britney to give us an experimental song in another language like Coupure Electrique.

Give me more of that Britney! Do the fully R&B/Urban album that you were never given the push to create! Do it!

12 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

Dude thats how I feel. Everything you said. Every celebrity won't always be on top and even Madonna and Michael but both were able to have that period where they were able to explore their artistry which only solidified their legendary status.  Britney has been pressured to make hits and make money for those around her that she wasn't able to do that abd even when she tried, it gets scrapped because the label wants to churn out a profit. I'm sure she intentionally wanted to flop so that the label can get off her back and focus on another cash cow for a change. I recently got to talk to an artist, no one super famous but he told me that its not what it seems in the music industry that labels don't technically fund albums. Yeah they give you capital upfront and you assume thats like free money but technically its a loan cuz once your album is out, its no joke that they do take a large portion of the album sales listing things like agents fees, studio time, producers, publishing rights,  tour sales, music videos etc. Basically its all borrowed money that the artist had to pay back somehow and on top of that the label takes a large cut just for themselves. Its a horrible business and I can understand why Britney doesnt put in the effort to promote. Like why should she work her *** off just so at the end of the day she gets pennies and the rest goes to the pockets of execs that mainly just sit on their *****. Thats why musicians tour and thats why todays artists are pressured to promote because they need the exposure and to establish themselves while Britney is already a household name. 

anyways, Glory proves that shes going into the right direction. For years she was mocked and criticized for making instant noodle pop and now critics can now look at her work seriously without rolling their eyes or turn their nose up and with a few more albums, hopefully the gp can finally see her true talents and see her in a new light. 

I never had a problem with her current status and the only meltdown I had was the original make me video which just reminds me how much the people around her sensors her and holds her back. I know for sure its not her that scrape it, it shows with Glory that she is taking risks and challenging herself and thats very consistent with how she is throughout her career otherwise we wouldnt have the slaves or everytimes, then we have the fans that holds her back by trying to play it safe and wanting her to only make hits. 

These 2 posts need to pinned :staysalty:

7 hours ago, 2loveletgo said:

ikr :beyfedup:

This site use to be fun last summer, now almost everyday there are threads about her nose, lips, her career is over etc. :byebitch:

6 minutes ago, Disney Princess said:

ikr :beyfedup:

This site use to be fun last summer, now almost everyday there are threads about her nose, lips, her career is over etc. :byebitch:

A few years ago, this site was the best, we were laughing so hard everyday... I miss those years :otears:

15 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I totally agree except Circus isn't as safe as people think and I'm not really here for another Urban album, I feel like she's been there done that with Blackout. What I really want is a truly artsy fartsy mature/personal album from her full of songs like Mannequin, If I'm Dancing, Coupure Electrique, ATWK, HIR....something kind of like Dumblonde meets Goldfrapp meets artsy Madonna!

12 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I totally agree except Circus isn't as safe as people think and I'm not really here for another Urban album, I feel like she's been there done that with Blackout. What I really want is a truly artsy fartsy mature/personal album from her full of songs like Mannequin, If I'm Dancing, Coupure Electrique, ATWK, HIR....something kind of like Dumblonde meets Goldfrapp meets artsy Madonna!

Ive never taken Blackout to be a fullout urban album tbh 

I mean she worked with urban producers and writers, but most of the tone of the album is electropop with a few hip-hop influences. I don't think britney has really ever done a full out urban album.

On 3/17/2017 at 5:15 PM, britneyausfan said:

Please correct me if you think I am wrong but:

- She is still selling it out at close to capacity

- She gets to fly home to LA after if she wishes

- She is comfortable

- Her entire team continue to get paid from her for doing basically no work 

- She is enjoying it (she gets to perform, stay close to her kids, gets extended breaks) 

- She basically is almost a nostalgia act, her last two albums haven't sold that well, going on a world tour would be a huge risk as opposed to staying in the residency which has given consistent results

- Maybe she is just really over touring. Remember her last world tour (Femme Fatale?) she looked like she hated it. I feel like she seemed that way to start with the vegas residency but now she seems to be enjoying it, so if she can still be paid an insane amount and do something she enjoys, why stop?

- Which brings me to my last point.... why stop? Can anyone give an actual valid reason why, if you were Britney in her current phase in her life, would stop? 

im ready to be dragged, but I live in LA so I go down a few times a year to see her so i am for the extension :) 

I am also in for the extension, and I say this as a fan who have tried to go to Vegas but hasn't gone. I haven't seen her in person in a long while but I don't care because Vegas makes her happy, like you said, this is comfortable for her and Vegas allows her to be a mom most of the time. Whether she renews or not, I don't care... All I want is for her to choose whatever makes HER happy, whether that makes other people unhappy.

Archived