SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT: Britney Jean IS a good album

Circuit

8 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Everything from 2012-2015 in Britney's career needs to be erased :meltdown:

Vegas 2.0, Work *****, Tom's Diner and possibly Perfume would probably be my only exceptions.

Honestly everything starting from the FFT could be erased and I think her career would be in a much better state. 

Id give up the title of making Vegas cool for younger artists. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Til It's Gone is one of the strongest dance tracks Britney has recorded, with hard hitting production and lyrics to match. I also find Chillin With You to be a super cute song. Alien, Passenger and Now That I Found You make me euphoric because they remind me of being in pure love. Don't Cry, Brightest Morning Star and Hold On Tight are beautiful. Tik Tik Boom is a BOP.

I never listen to Perfume, It Should Be Easy or Body Ache. I have Work ***** on my gym playlist.

It's a cute collection of songs; there is just no cohesiveness in production, so it makes a horrid album, definitely on the bottom of Britney's discography.

I also literally never think of or hear Myah Marie. Even William Orbit said it was BS, and the Alien vocals were the only thing anything remotely mainstream reported on. Confuses me when people keep making those tired jokes, like I can't tell if y'all are being serious. Britney loves working with will.i.am; she explained the songs to Ryan Seacrest; I think y'all just make yourselves hear what you wanna hear.

I like the album...Is it a masterpiece? No. Does it have a lot of solid tracks? Yes. 

Alien: Masterfully produced by William Orbit. The line "Had to get used to the world I was on/
While yet still unsure if I knew where I belong" & second verse beautifully written by Britney.

Work *****: MOTIVATIONAL BANGER. If you don't feel like going to work, this song will help you pay your bills. Also, one of the only songs in her catalogue that could amp up a Super Bowl crowd. (Jus' sayin') 

It Should Be Easy: Mindless lyrics with a simple, (dare I say) deeper message. Love should be easy, but sometimes it's stupid, confusing and hard to get through. (Like the song, to some.) 

Tik Tik Boom: If anyone else had recorded this song it would've been a huge hit on urban radio. Because it's Britney there's a note of disingenuousness; which isn't unearned but still it's a great track even if she doesn't "own" the genre it presents. 

Till It's Gone: "Cuz you came/And you gave/Me a place/ Place to lay/All my pain/Why'd you take/It away?" um...SAD FACE. Also, I love songs that have bouncy, dancey production with the juxtaposition of depressing, slit your wrist lyrics.  (Listen to Lucky by Lucky Twice (Hot Stuff Remix)) 

Chillin' With You: It's probably just me, but I actually really love this song. I see why people wouldn't like it but i really like their vocals together (especially during the breakdown starting at 2:33)

Don't Cry: The whistle. The way she sings "Adios, I'm out the door." I love how the chorus opens with her trying to tell herself to "hide my tears and dry my eyes" but once she says 'adios' she has to advise him to "hide your tears and dry your eyes" It's a subtle switch but very powerful. This song reminds me of something from a musical. 

Now That I Found You: What's not to love? Yet another amazing track demoted to the 'bonus' section. 

I like BJ... the whole Myah Marie thing sucks tbh, but I listen to it a lot, especially Perfume, TIG and Work ***** for sure! Tik Tik Boom is ****, Body Ache/ISBE are weird but fun, Alien is super cute...  Passenger and CWY are perhaps the ones I like the least :soyeah:

There are at least 4 bad songs: Now that i found you, Body Ache, Brightest Morning Star, Tik Tik Boom. Other songs are not bad but they are definitely not good.:sofedup: It took my ears months to adapt to them. Almost every song will have an annoying electronic drop. I always wonder how aewsome Til It Slay would be if that noisy chorus drop disappears.:otears:  Thank god Glory is much better in term of musical sense.  
* Work ***** is the only track from BJ that is qualified enough to be in her discography in my opinion:queenflopga:

Archived