SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT: Britney Jean IS a good album

Circuit

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's good actually, the Myah Army must love it, I would love Britney to record those type of songs :shameless:

Jk, the album itself isn't exactly bad, it's just that the production is very weak, but the real problem is that Britney doesn't sing the whole thing, and as a fan it's almost impossible to fully enjoy it knowing that I'm listening to someone else impersonating Britney's vocals. 

11 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

It is a good album. I think it's even better than Blackout, BOMT and FF.

Body Ache isn't a bad song. CWY is.

Lets not delude ourselves now......BJ may be good, but thats about it. Its isn't excellent, nor does it have replay value (save a few songs) like Blackout and FF have....

Sayin BJ is better than both of these albums is as delusional as saying Christina's career is still alive....:donewithit:

10 minutes ago, neel21 said:

Lets not delude ourselves now......BJ may be good, but thats about it. Its isn't excellent, nor does it have replay value (save a few songs) like Blackout and FF have....

Sayin BJ is better than both of these albums is as delusional as saying Christina's career is still alive....:donewithit:

Well, I do like it better, but that's me.

The thing that BOMT, FF and Blackout have in common is that so called "cohesiveness" that remains throughout the whole album, and that's a double-edged sword. It makes you either love them or hate them, because you'll find a very similar sound in all the tracks. Albums like BJ, Circus, Britney, have like a rollercoaster of sounds and rhythms, and I think that makes them more interesting and fresh and in that way they appeal to different tastes.

If you read most of the opinions, they're gonna be like, "BJ is awful, except for ______ and ______" and they'll name a song or a couple of songs, and for each person those songs they name are gonna be different. There isn't a general consensus about which is the best song on BJ, or the "least bad". Probably Work ***** is the most likely to be named, but there's even people who despise that song, and will name others instead. What that says to me is that it really had the potential to appeal to different audiences with different tastes, maybe not as the album itself, but if they released more singles, each single would've been targeted to different kind of people that are expecting different kind of sounds from Britney. Alien and Passenger were more classic Britney, Tik Tik Boom was something more urban, there were the dance tracks like TIG, ISBE, NTIFY, and it even had the power ballads like HOT, DC. In my experience, it is one of the very few albums I can listen to from beginning to end, because also it isn't that long, and I like how it changes from a song like Perfume to a song like ISBE, etc. It isn't boring at all. And about the Myah topic, I've said countless times I don't buy that crap.

For me, I would have to be in a specific mood to listen to Blackout in full or FF or BOMT. I can listen to the songs separately when I shuffle all the songs, but listening to the whole album isn't as appealing to me, as listening to BJ or Glory, which aren't going to be that tedious.

3 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

The thing that BOMT, FF and Blackout have in common is that so called "cohesiveness" that remains throughout the whole album, and that's a double-edged sword. It makes you either love them or hate them, because you'll find a very similar sound in all the tracks. Albums like BJ, Circus, Britney, have like a rollercoaster of sounds and rhythms, and I think that makes them more interesting and fresh and in that way they appeal to different tastes.

If you read most of the opinions, they're gonna be like, "BJ is awful, except for ______ and ______" and they'll name a song or a couple of songs, and for each person those songs they name are gonna be different. There isn't a general consensus about which is the best song on BJ, or the "least bad". Probably Work ***** is the most likely to be named, but there's even people who despise that song, and will name others instead. What that says to me is that it really had the potential to appeal to different audiences with different tastes, maybe not as the album itself, but if they released more singles, each single would've been targeted to different kind of people that are expecting different kind of sounds from Britney. Alien and Passenger were more classic Britney, Tik Tik Boom was something more urban, there were the dance tracks like TIG, ISBE, NTIFY, and it even had the power ballads like HOT, DC. In my experience, it is one of the very few albums I can listen to from beginning to end, because also it isn't that long, and I like how it changes from a song like Perfume to a song like ISBE, etc. It isn't boring at all. And about the Myah topic, I've said countless times I don't buy that crap.

For me, I would have to be in a specific mood to listen to Blackout in full or FF or BOMT. I can listen to the songs separately when I shuffle all the songs, but listening to the whole album isn't as appealing to me, as listening to BJ or Glory, which aren't going to be that tedious.

but Britney doesn't sing on 70-80 percent of it?

15 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

That's what a general consensus is isn't it? A consensus can never have 100% of the people participating to agree to one thing. Variation is key to forming a consensus. So when WB is the most likely song to be chosen, it indicates it has majority votes so will probably be voted as the best song off BJ. Even with other albums, say Glory, most probably MM is gonna be chosen, but a few will be there who say CYM or DYWCO or Liar or LMD.

And every single album of hers (save BOMT, OIDIA and FF) was targeted at a different audience, sometimes the whole album would be marketed towards a single audience (ITZ) but still have enough variety in songs to keep the albums fresh and varied. The same applies to Blackout. A song like GM with its techno beats sound very very different to something like OOB with its Spanish influences and Flamenco etc. Something like Heaven On Earth (90s euro-dance) sounds different that POM and Freakshow (futuristic electronic/ dubstep). Outta This World is different than HAI and TS, and WSIBS is nothing like whats on the rest of the album......so yeah, BO does have some kind of variety to it. The thing with BJ is, its one of those albums which has few gems in it, but the majority of it is overshadowed. WB, ISBE, BA, TIG, NTIFY constitute almost 50% of the whole album. Then there are gems like HOT and DC but when almost 50% of the album is electronic dubstep EDM music, these tracks are often overlooked and ususally end up as one of those "hidden gems" tracks.

Also, about Myah Marie, that things very much true......

2 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

but Britney doesn't sing on 70-80 percent of it?

....... he said he doesn't buy that

i don't either and many non-internet fans don't even know of that crap. I don't see anyone talk about myah Marie except exhale and I never ever think of that chick when listening to Britney 

Archived