how is it that 5th harmoney has more youtube views than Brit?

queenofhearts

Are her videos still being blocked? I know they were around the FF and circus era. Maybe I live in a Britney bubble, but I didn't think 5th harmony as that popular. I mean their video "work" has over a billion views, I mean don't really hear much about them on tv or where they are touring etc. How can that be?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ITZFFGL said:

Work From Home was one of the most gigantic hits of 2016 and the video was hot and viral.

None of Britney's vids were blocked during FF except Criminal. IDK why y'all keep making these weird excuses and comparisons.

This.

VEVO is an indicator of current mainstream popularity, something Britney doesn't have anymore. It happens to every pop star that's past their peak.

Madonna's Like a Virgin has only 30 million views yet that song is bigger and will remain bigger than anything Fifth Harmony will ever do.

Guest $elfish

if youtube & vevo was in the early 2000s and late 90s honey they would have more than every single artist and she would have more subscribers its so sad that  people don't appreciate her legacy and call her old :gloria: if they only knew

Guest $elfish
11 minutes ago, Toxic.Latin said:

THIS. ******* THIS.

IF YOUTUBE WOULD HAVE EXISTED IN 1999-2004, BRITNEY WOULD CORRUPT THE WHOLE INTERNET AND CRASH THOSE VIDEO PLATFORMS.

SKAOTYBWYVxiE.gif

britney was the most searched person on the internet since it's creation :saycheese:

21 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

This.

VEVO is an indicator of current mainstream popularity, something Britney doesn't have anymore. It happens to every pop star that's past their peak.

Madonna's Like a Virgin has only 30 million views yet that song is bigger and will remain bigger than anything Fifth Harmony will ever do.

yeah true, i mean it doesn't bother me that much, but i really was just unware of how popular that song was..........I mean no offense to thme but I don't like it

That's what happens when the main consumers become kids and teenagers.

Britney Spears isn't really that old, I mean, she's younger than Beyoncé. But the fact that she started so young made her seem like an artist from the ancient past. And the amount of time she's left between albums/singles since FF, hasn't helped her a lot.

About 5th Harmony, we'll see what happens to them once the group is disbanded. They sure became mega successful these past years, but I think they released their first album since 2013, and it wasn't until 2015 when they really peaked.

I always say it, with kids and teens being the main consumers, every year there's a new generation of people that starts paying attention to music. At this day and age, if an artist waits 2 years to release a major hit, the current consumers probably won't even know that artist anymore, except for older people that sometimes happen to mention their past hits, which I suppose it's what happens with Britney. I mean, see those reactions videos, there sure is some people that know songs like Oops, but I doubt they'll recognize Britney in a more recent song like HIAM or Perfume. Other people even thought Oops was sung by the Cheetah Girls :embarrassney: Kids these days probably won't remember or know Beyoncé's Check on It, or Rihanna's Don't Stop the Music (I don't even remember if the song titles are correct lol) but it doesn't matter 'cause they surely know some of her most recent songs, because they've kept some consistency in the release of their music, without leaving too much time between albums/singles. They keep current with every new batch of kids/teens that become part of the consuming audience. They don't let their image to be forgotten and become outdated, so even if they're not "that young" anymore (which shouldn't be a problem, but that's the world we live in) people still finds them cool to this day. 

I would say Scream & Shout was Britney's latest super hit. That was almost half a decade ago. It's like a bazillion years in music terms. It's not her fault though, she did try to release some singles in these years, but they weren't the most smartest choices. And instead of correcting those decisions and trying to release something better right away, she let more time to pass by. That has been the mistake since 2014 when they stopped releasing singles from Britney Jean. No matter what you say about the album, if she released another single, like NTIFY, ISBE, TIG, etc, those "generic" songs could've had the potential of becoming moderate hits, people at least would still know about her existence. Probably PG would've not happened, and B9 would've come sooner.

Fifth Harmony was going everywhere, their songs are catchy and there were five people to like, not just one. Work From Home is a bop, and there is no debate around it. They had a multi-continental tour, they performed at almost every opportunity (BBMAs -- twice, ACAs, Vevo, iHeartRadio, TODAY, Kimmel, Ellen, Jingle Ball tour...I could go on).

Britney has done nothing to bring exposure to herself outside of Vegas, and it appears like she's fine with it. However, this group has gotten so much exposure with some hit-worthy songs and making sure they are on your radar at any possible opportunity so you want to look them up. Britney's YouTube views are nothing to brush off though, especially since they were prime before YouTube was relevant.

Archived