how is it that 5th harmoney has more youtube views than Brit?

queenofhearts

I hate when you people get pressed about the "if be I was around when..". It wasn't, and Britney has released a handful of videos when it's been around. I love Britney, but numbers don't lie. Britney is not an big act to people younger than 20, and early 20s. The people who really matter in terms of numbers and sales. Britney will never be who she once was as the young teens now start to enter their adulthood, Britney will continue to drop more and more on sales. It's time to accept, Britney has potential to have a #1 but she will never have a #1 album, huge sales or popularity she once had. She's been pushed out slowly by younger, more vocally talented acts. 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/15/2017 at 7:31 AM, PokemonSpears said:

That's what happens when the main consumers become kids and teenagers.

Britney Spears isn't really that old, I mean, she's younger than Beyoncé. But the fact that she started so young made her seem like an artist from the ancient past. And the amount of time she's left between albums/singles since FF, hasn't helped her a lot.

About 5th Harmony, we'll see what happens to them once the group is disbanded. They sure became mega successful these past years, but I think they released their first album since 2013, and it wasn't until 2015 when they really peaked.

I always say it, with kids and teens being the main consumers, every year there's a new generation of people that starts paying attention to music. At this day and age, if an artist waits 2 years to release a major hit, the current consumers probably won't even know that artist anymore, except for older people that sometimes happen to mention their past hits, which I suppose it's what happens with Britney. I mean, see those reactions videos, there sure is some people that know songs like Oops, but I doubt they'll recognize Britney in a more recent song like HIAM or Perfume. Other people even thought Oops was sung by the Cheetah Girls :embarrassney: Kids these days probably won't remember or know Beyoncé's Check on It, or Rihanna's Don't Stop the Music (I don't even remember if the song titles are correct lol) but it doesn't matter 'cause they surely know some of her most recent songs, because they've kept some consistency in the release of their music, without leaving too much time between albums/singles. They keep current with every new batch of kids/teens that become part of the consuming audience. They don't let their image to be forgotten and become outdated, so even if they're not "that young" anymore (which shouldn't be a problem, but that's the world we live in) people still finds them cool to this day. 

I would say Scream & Shout was Britney's latest super hit. That was almost half a decade ago. It's like a bazillion years in music terms. It's not her fault though, she did try to release some singles in these years, but they weren't the most smartest choices. And instead of correcting those decisions and trying to release something better right away, she let more time to pass by. That has been the mistake since 2014 when they stopped releasing singles from Britney Jean. No matter what you say about the album, if she released another single, like NTIFY, ISBE, TIG, etc, those "generic" songs could've had the potential of becoming moderate hits, people at least would still know about her existence. Probably PG would've not happened, and B9 would've come sooner.

I totally agree but the thing is with someone at Beyoncé and Britneys level they need to be releasing quality > quality. Rihanna is reaching that level soon and I love her. Maybe not everything is a hit but at this point you need to see the various ways a single could be successful. Slumber Larty shouldn't be the end of 16 other good songs. You can success as an "older" artist, look y Madge and Janet 

Archived