HELP: Robyn in "Piece of Me"

c-z

Guest StrawberryKisses
12 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

What?! My friends and I listen to Robyn all the time!

Sis she's been around since '95.

Google her old days. 

She was such a product back then

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, badunkahunk said:

what is wrong with you people? Robyn was a frequent collaborator with bloodshy and avant. Every time you hear "you wanna piece of me" it's robyn. lmao ya'll hate on Britney Jean for myah when robyn sings piece of me and kathy dennis sings 50% of toxic 

I knew about Cathy Dennis, but didn't know about Robyn

20 minutes ago, badunkahunk said:

what is wrong with you people? Robyn was a frequent collaborator with bloodshy and avant. Every time you hear "you wanna piece of me" it's robyn. lmao ya'll hate on Britney Jean for myah when robyn sings piece of me and kathy dennis sings 50% of toxic 

EXACTLY

30 minutes ago, badunkahunk said:

Honestly no. Britney made her version sound very similar to the demos. B&A were good producers. You could hear the demo artist's vocals in the background of both songs, but I would say it's 30% not 50%.

The You Want a piece of me's are mostly Robyn. I'm a huge Robyn and Britney fan so Piece of Me makes me happy. I get the best of both worlds. the only thing that makes me sad is i don't think Britney knows she's lipping to Robyn's vocals every time she performs that. She's praised Robyn alot and said she wants to work with her numerous times, and i know she probably means work with her as in a official collab but i really don't think she knows Robyn has input in the song lol

Lol I was about to flip on everyone claiming to not know Robyn until I realized that most Britney fans right now are teenagers and wouldn't have even been born yet and also only follow mainstream American/Latin pop artists. This topic reminds me how I just wish you all would educate yourselves on as many genres and artists from different nations as possible before critiquing Britney (especially when it's always so negative, try to have an open mind).

2 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Y'all need to educate yourselves on Queen Robyn.

Dancing On My Own is my Jam. And "Show Me Love" is still a bop.

For some reason, when Christina released What A Girl Wants, I somehow thought it was Robyn's comeback track. 

Guest StrawberryKisses
7 minutes ago, LBoggie said:

Did she also do some Pepsi commercials/promo with that song? For some reason, I think of Pepsi everytime I hear it. 

No? :quirkney:

Archived