HELP: Robyn in "Piece of Me"

c-z

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Body ache said:

Honestly no. Britney made her version sound very similar to the demos. B&A were good producers. You could hear the demo artist's vocals in the background of both songs, but I would say it's 30% not 50%.

I'd put Toxic at like 20 percent and Piece of Me like 30. But yeah mostly agree.

• Super Mods
10 hours ago, StrawberryKisses said:

Robyn was Max Martin's original blonde pop idol in Sweden. She was pretty much the basis for Britney.

She came out in like '97 with Show Me Love. It was decent here. It's still a bop. Google it. JIVE/ Max legit wanted Britney to be the US version of Robyn, except more pop.

As for Robyn, she never got her big break here in the US. Her 2nd album was cancelled here due to a song about ******** and it not being pop friendly. They scrapped her because she experimented and had too much input. Sound familiar? :cutesybrit:

Wow really? I didnt know that. I always thought Britney was because it stated that with her he was able to nab his first number one so I assumed. I guess Robyn was like his prototype and he finally perfected his technique with Britney. Is that why he makes her sing that way to emulate Robyn but it came out more nasally and cat like? 

Robyn is AMAZING artist! Her Body Talk lp is one of the electro/pop albums of the 00's. She's so underrated but yet people who are really intrested in music know her. 

Dancing on my own was Grammy nominated btw. 

I honestly love, have been to few concerts, met her three times and she even invited me to the Metropolis Studio in London where she was recording some live tracks :)  IT was one of the most amazing music memories for me ever… 

On 1/3/2017 at 2:31 AM, JustLikeMe said:

How come no one knows about it? Robyn co-writing the track was one of the reasons GP loved, and still love, the song. 

I love Robyn and Piece of me is one of my favs (hence the username) but I didn't know about it lol 

I didn't except to hear her there of course so even If I felt anything....I didn't think much about it. Now it's like it sounds different. 

Robyn was supposed to be Britney Spears. You see, Jive Records was working in a project to launch a pop superstar, and Robyn was the chosen one. However things got complicated and the label put her on hold. They still needed their popstar so they got to Britney and here we are today, 18 years later with people asking who is Robyn in a Britney Spears fan forum. 

BTW this is pop history.

Archived