HELP: Robyn in "Piece of Me"

c-z

• Super Mods
On 1/2/2017 at 5:14 PM, Guest StrawberryKisses said:

Robyn was Max Martin's original blonde pop idol in Sweden. She was pretty much the basis for Britney.

She came out in like '97 with Show Me Love. It was decent here. It's still a bop. Google it. JIVE/ Max legit wanted Britney to be the US version of Robyn, except more pop.

As for Robyn, she never got her big break here in the US. Her 2nd album was cancelled here due to a song about ******** and it not being pop friendly. They scrapped her because she experimented and had too much input. Sound familiar? :cutesybrit:

Yeah I remember they showed her videos and played her Robyn’s music saying this is the direction they are going for (she did sign a development deal so I’m sure she’s aware of this) 

I like though that she told them that she loved Robyn’s music and it makes her want to dance but Robyn is dancing. They liked her idea and that’s why she started dancing. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/3/2017 at 3:14 AM, Guest StrawberryKisses said:

Robyn was Max Martin's original blonde pop idol in Sweden. She was pretty much the basis for Britney.

She came out in like '97 with Show Me Love. It was decent here. It's still a bop. Google it. JIVE/ Max legit wanted Britney to be the US version of Robyn, except more pop.

As for Robyn, she never got her big break here in the US. Her 2nd album was cancelled here due to a song about ******** and it not being pop friendly. They scrapped her because she experimented and had too much input. Sound familiar? :cutesybrit:

her music is too good for Mainstream Pop anyways :endit: i mean yes it sounds "catchy" but its the kind of music that will always sound fresh in my ears 

• 1 month later...
On 6/28/2019 at 1:13 AM, c-z said:

Also, can anyone tell me what they sing when it's supposed to be "I'm ms. Oh My God that Britney shameless"? Jump to 3:44

In the Robyn-only version, she sings "I'm Mrs. Stole My Guy, that Britney's shameless." I just heard it while casually listening and never noticed it before!

13 minutes ago, DayvinDazone said:

Lol!

Nah, not really. If anything Candice Nelson comes close to being a Myah (not Myah Marie becoming lowkey iconic among the Britney Army). Her demo for Radar has Myah-esque elements since they kept like 80% of her vocals and blended it with Britney's. She also sings lead vocals during the chorus on Phonography but that's at least just a bonus track.

Robyn has only recorded vocals for Piece of Me and no other Britney song, I believe. I've heard that the reason Piece of Me is 70% Robyn is because there wasn't enough time to record additional takes since the album was already supposed to be finished (Piece of Me was the last song recorded) but Britney insisted on having it on the record, so they kept the demo vocals on.

Why is this a running theme in Britney's music? :explainlol:

I know you are amazing for giving me the juicy info but... ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THOSE ARE MY FAVE SONGS GURL... JUST TODAY I WAS THINKING "LETS TALK ABOUT BIOLOGY, PHONOGRAPY PHONOGRAPY" WHILE WAITING FOR A BOY CALL:tiffanycries:. How can I sing my Bops with Candice, Myah and Robyn on my mind:decisions:

By the way, lets praise GLORY more often guys, cuz that **** is 100% Britney. 

I'm shook:bop:

39 minutes ago, DayvinDazone said:

I KNOWWW!!!

It's kinda crazy, in fact - reading the liner notes in booklets of Britney's albums has almost become somewhat terrifying for me. Beyoncé is often accused of stealing writing credits or having a team of 20 people write her a song. Well, Britney is THAT girl who has at least 5 background singers on one  song. In fact, 80% of Femme Fatale consists of Bonnie McKee & Myah.

In the Zone, while it can do no wrong in my eyes ears, has some random singer sing the chorus of Early Mornin' while Cathy Dennis's background vocals on Toxic are so loud that it's almost like listening to her and Britney have a vocal battle as they tryi to outsing one another.

In terms of Glory, if you check the booklet you'll see that pretty much every song has background vocalists other than Britney, but they're mixed in so well with Britney's vocals that they never drown out her voice and they serve the purpose that all background vocals should serve - to complement the singer's voice.

The problem with some Britney songs is that other background vocalists replace her lead vocals all together rather than simply complement them. 

PLEASE STOP:tiffanycries::tiffanycries::tiffanycries:!

Is Santa Claus Real? Is Britney Real?

Thank God nobody could double her on the live performances (I mean the dancing and killer attitude). You are really crushing my dreams with the info and opinions! (Thanks by the way, I'm LOVING it)

Music industry is weird and f**ked up. You know what is the worst part? That Britney sings on instagram but with the pitched vocals every single time.:tiffsniffle:

This is like having a husband and finding out that he was married since the very beginning... I kinda kew it but I wasn't ready to think about  it, so my friend DAYVINDAZONE organized and intervention for me. 

9 hours ago, DayvinDazone said:

shenanigans

Lmao :hahaha: You can always count on me to expose the shenanigans going on behind the scenes. Britney is not the only one who does this though, J.Lo is literally the Queen of singing to other people's vocals and not crediting them + this.

And I'm also here for any sort of intervention lmao especially if it concerns Brinni :shameless:

Ohh yeah I know I know that! JLo is the Queen of singing to others, but not my Brinni:tiffanycries:. You are pushing me to the edge of my límites, my meltdown is near, I can fell it

Spoiler

I'm about to

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUFMFCQIylCsXVPE28Jqt

Archived