Britney Spears Performs On The Today Show: Watch

Jordan Miller

3 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

That's not what I'm saying. 

Nobody was criticizing her lack of energy or commitment to the performance. At least I didn't see it. Britney herself did great! What they're criticizing is what the team of people around her are giving her to work with.

Personally, I thought those zumba moves were horribly embarrassing -- but Britney gave it her all when she delivered them. That seemed to be everyone else's thoughts at the time, too -- that she could've done way more if she had a higher quality of choreo and lighting and costumes, etc. So the problem wasn't with HER, it was with the people around her.

I hope that makes sense.

Everyone bitched about not singing live instead. Which was totally bizarre considering she lip-synced almost all of her past iconic performances. But lately fans are only looking for flaws...

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, PieceofBritney said:

Everyone bitched about not singing live instead. Which was totally bizarre considering she lip-synced almost all of her past iconic performances. But lately fans are only looking for flaws...

I don't understand why anyone is bitching about lip-synching. Even Beyonce lip-synchs -- she just does a much better job of covering it up.

But yes, fans ARE only looking for flaws...I really just think that goes back to the "over promise but under deliver" concept that her Team seems to thrive on. Beyonce's team does the opposite -- they promise nothing, and then surprise fans with new things they didn't see coming. I don't know why Larry doesn't start to follow that approach. It would solve so many problems.

It could be and TBH is not her fault. It seemed that they didn't plan that performance well, cuz she rocked the choreo at the VMAs but the whole set up and the fact that it didn't have any wow factor besides her doing a cover of G-Eazy's song was dumb.

She needed something big, yet they didn't plan it like that.

3 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

I don't understand why anyone is bitching about lip-synching. Even Beyonce lip-synchs -- she just does a much better job of covering it up.

But yes, fans ARE only looking for flaws...I really just think that goes back to the "over promise but under deliver" concept that her Team seems to thrive on. Beyonce's team does the opposite -- they promise nothing, and then surprise fans with new things they didn't see coming. I don't know why Larry doesn't start to follow that approach. It would solve so many problems.

Everything she does receive a huge amount of hate. I'm really happy right now with everything that's happening. 

6 minutes ago, CJMCH said:

It could be and TBH is not her fault. It seemed that they didn't plan that performance well, cuz she rocked the choreo at the VMAs but the whole set up and the fact that it didn't have any wow factor besides her doing a cover of G-Eazy's song was dumb.

She needed something big, yet they didn't plan it like that.

I'm not saying whether we should or shouldn't have complained about the performance I'm just saying she looked like she'd read them....and looked down. 

39 minutes ago, D_Britfan said:

You're sad cause of a made up scenario you came up with in your head? Britney avoids the internet at all costs she has said many times, i doubt she read any reviews.

i do agree this fanbase needs to stop tearing everything apart, we are worse than gp most times

I said it makes me sad that people hate on her all the time. lol

Archived