Britney Spears Performs On The Today Show: Watch

Jordan Miller

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, RATCHET❤ said:

was it empty? and op ur hot

let's get sad together. 

Yeah, I believe it was only the pit that was occupied by fans (not sure how they decided who would be able to be part of the taping). Probably because it was only for two performances? Had it been open to more people, I'm sure they would've had a packed house. 

2 hours ago, PieceofBritney said:

She read/heard reviews of VMAs...

because you can tell she was really trying in VMAs performance, her moves were twice as sharp as her vegas show and it might have really hurt her to see how many bad reviews it received and she was feeling sad/down...

It makes me sad....she's doing all these amazing things but no one seem to care. Everyone's always bitching. She ROCKED that routine in the vmas...but everyone acted like she did nothing and focused on that millisecond she lipped MMI wrong....it's unfair. 

It's not unfair though. What's unfair is that she gets to go on stage and perform for millions while lipping every single thing, when there are hundreds and thousands of people out there who want to be doing her job...and are willing to actually sing.

THAT'S unfair! If she doesn't like singing, why doesn't she stop?

8 hours ago, PieceofBritney said:

I loved the performance. I was streaming it in a club and went to the front door when it was time for her to perform...I was so happy and excited until I came to Exhale and read all the horrible things people were saying....it ruined it for me. 

I watched it and liked it. After I saw (irrelevant) opinions of people here, I got annoyed at them but I still enjoy the performance. Don't let random unnecessary comments ruin something for you if you like it

also I don't think she looked sad

I keep rewatching that perfomance. Better than POM, it was on point, and it looked like She was really trying to deliver (which she did).
Yeah we can ***** about better choreo and live vocals and so on, but what's the point. She rocked what she was doing and that all that matters.
She didn't have better performance on TV since 2004, and she looked beautiful. 
I respect her for going on that stage, after 2007. And i hate mtv becuse they used her for promo, but after the show, they barely mentioned her. 

6 hours ago, saicis said:

It's not unfair though. What's unfair is that she gets to go on stage and perform for millions while lipping every single thing, when there are hundreds and thousands of people out there who want to be doing her job...and are willing to actually sing.

It's nothing new. She lip syncs. If you don't like it then go watch/listen to an artist who sings live. And the way she performs has no affect on these hundreds and thousands of hopefuls who want to become artists. Whether Britney sings live or not, they still have to put the same amount of work in and pull in an audience  

Since you're complaining about her lip syncing then you oughta know she already stopped singing...

Of course, she did the vma's, went to la to do the ellen **** and went to vegas to do the today show, I would be tired as hell. She looked gorgeous tho. 

Why people get so mad with this, then gtfo and stan for someone who sings live, it's not Brit's fault that people can't be successful tho. Are you a fan since when mothefucker? Britney jean era? people are so stupid for god's sake.

9 hours ago, PieceofBritney said:

It makes me sad....she's doing all these amazing things but no one seem to care. Everyone's always bitching. She ROCKED that routine in the vmas...but everyone acted like she did nothing and focused on that millisecond she lipped MMI wrong....it's unfair. 

Who are you referring to -- her fans, or the public?

I don't recall anyone on Exhale bitching about Britney's performance. Any criticism seemed to be focused on her Team for allowing everything around Britney to happen (performing after Beyonce, the camera work, the costume, the choreo, the lighting, etc.)

7 hours ago, saicis said:

But she lip-synced during her prime too, I don't know why people expect her now of all times to sing live. Too much expectations tbh. 

1 hour ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

Who are you referring to -- her fans, or the public?

I don't recall anyone on Exhale bitching about Britney's performance. Any criticism seemed to be focused on her Team for allowing everything around Britney to happen (performing after Beyonce, the camera work, the costume, the choreo, the lighting, etc.)

So I must've hallucinated the comments on her "zumba" moves, right? People were expecting another choreo and even though it was the same the energy was totally different but no one seemed to realize that at the time. 

1 hour ago, zenden78 said:

If she would read all the stuff written about she would be depressed and dead by now. So no. I don't think that reviews made her today performance not so good.  light and her being tired after NY ruined that performance 

But wouldn't you read reviews about your first performance in VMA's after 10 years? It was not just any performance. 

Just now, PieceofBritney said:

So I must've hallucinated the comments on her "zumba" moves, right? People were expecting another choreo and even though it was the same the energy was totally different but no one seemed to realize that at the time. 

That's not what I'm saying. 

Nobody was criticizing her lack of energy or commitment to the performance. At least I didn't see it. Britney herself did great! What they're criticizing is what the team of people around her are giving her to work with.

Personally, I thought those zumba moves were horribly embarrassing -- but Britney gave it her all when she delivered them. That seemed to be everyone else's thoughts at the time, too -- that she could've done way more if she had a higher quality of choreo and lighting and costumes, etc. So the problem wasn't with HER, it was with the people around her.

I hope that makes sense.

Archived