Britney announces new biopic with Oscar-winning producer Marc Platt

1 hour ago, Fita said:

I just love the timing - what the f - of fans seeing Britney again with Paul and freaking out on Exhale and then this news.

This news doesn't change the fact she's still with a married convicted felon, this movie is years and years from being made.

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Gypsy Woman said:

Honestly, she can keep it.

If this is true and she's part of the project, it'll be another narrow focused biopic that will give little insight into her life and decisions. It will be another "this is my story and I don't wanna be victim, but let me tell you how much of a victim I am..." narrative.

At the same time, we will be left to decipher how much of it is true and how much of it she manipulates/exaggerates to fit her narrative. She will likely skim over the biggest controversies of her life or downplay them altogether.

I would love to get an honest discussion from Britney, but at this point, does that even exist or is she so detached from reality that she doesn't even remember anything anymore?

welcome to the movies hun.  art is subjective, and never forget that.

3 hours ago, Gypsy Woman said:

Honestly, she can keep it.

If this is true and she's part of the project, it'll be another narrow focused biopic that will give little insight into her life and decisions. It will be another "this is my story and I don't wanna be victim, but let me tell you how much of a victim I am..." narrative.

At the same time, we will be left to decipher how much of it is true and how much of it she manipulates/exaggerates to fit her narrative. She will likely skim over the biggest controversies of her life or downplay them altogether.

I would love to get an honest discussion from Britney, but at this point, does that even exist or is she so detached from reality that she doesn't even remember anything anymore?

It's a recount of the book but in movie format. Hopefully, more details are included and hopefully, she's an active producer or collaborator in the project. I too would have loved an uninterrupted interview from her. I would have listened to hours and hours of Britney speaking to the camera without being interrupted, but I don't think we will ever get that, so let's hope more details are added to the movie, especially about the conservatorship that so many aspects of it were left out of the book.

5 minutes ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

Universal?!?!? OMFG imagine we get a ******* Britney ride in the theme parks. Pop 'N' Rollercoaster with Britney Spears.

Wait why do I love this?? Imagine Toxic playing while you’re going upside down. And when it comes to a stop she giggles and says “oops i did it again”. :hype_britney_glory_jkl_jimmy_kimmel_live_laugh_lol_haha_hype_excited_pumped_lmao_cackle:

• Love 4
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

It's a recount of the book but in movie format. Hopefully, more details are included and hopefully, she's an active producer or collaborator in the project. I too would have loved an uninterrupted interview from her. I would have listened to hours and hours of Britney speaking to the camera without being interrupted, but I don't think we will ever get that, so let's hope more details are added to the movie, especially about the conservatorship that so many aspects of it were left out of the book.

And before people have more meltdowns, there 100% will be things that aren't entirely accurate whether is chronologically or otherwise, simply because that's how biopics work. They're not documentaries that have to (or should) be biblically accurate, because it's not a journalistic work, but ultimately it falls under the entertainment category. In the end, it has to feel just like any other movie, with a main character, a villain, a story with a climax and a closure. There's gotta be drama and some fun scenes as well. 

I don't know how common biopics are in other places but here in Latin America we've had dozens of those in the last decade and it's always like that. Some are on Netflix, some were on tv, others were movies, other had just a few episodes others had several seasons, but it's always the same, there's always a pinch of fiction to make everything more entertaining (there's always questionable things that you wonder if it was necessary to change/add/omit). Characters often times are more of a caricature, sometimes even a mixture of several real life people. Many times they don't even use the real life names, unless they got the permission of the person. Scenes/events are more dramatic, etc. 

• Love 1
  • Like 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.