Which Britney song is massive in the United States, but not so much in other countries?

This just doesn’t scream international acclaim, I’m sorry. I love this, it’s one of my favorite Britney songs but the Europeans don’t really know the song like that. I mean, they do know about it but it’s not massive like Toxic, Oops, Criminal, etc.

Yeah… I see a lot of people recognize the “It’s Britney, bich!” tagline but that’s about it.

• Haha 2
  • Like 1

You’re wilding bestie, Gimme More is very much global. This is a hard one but as posted above, I’d say only her 2nd and 3rd singles from her first eras and Femme Fatale’s singles qualify. It’s much easier to name Britney songs that smashed worldwide but underperformed in the States.

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Nah, Gimme More is definitely one of her best known songs internationally. Not in her trinity of signature hits (BOMT, Oops, Toxic) but definitely one of her most well known and remembered songs. Even the first line of the song is known all around the world by people who aren't fans.

• Like 8

I’m from the UK and everyone here knows Gimme More well. Don’t forget that’s where “It’s Britney B.itch!” comes from too. It’s also one of Britney’s most streamed songs on Spotify so I kinda got the idea it’s known on a global level. 

In the UK, Till the World Ends, I Wanna Go and Make Me completely flopped. Circus went top 20 although it still charted higher in the US but I’d argue it’s somewhat known here (I’ve heard it on TV shows as background music a few times). From the Bottom Of My Broken Heart didn’t even get released here. 

Edited by Isla
  • Like 1

I'd say anything from Femme Fatale.

HIAM, TTWE, IWG and Criminal were barely played when it came out and it doesn't get a single airplay today.

I'm from central Europe and when HIAM turned 10 years old, I requested the song to one of the biggest local radio stations and they did play it because of it's 10th anniversary but they were like "oh yeah I totally forgot about this song".

While FF spawned Britney's biggest radio hits in the US, it didn't do as well here...

• Like 3
6 hours ago, LeglessJamie said:

I'd say anything from Femme Fatale.

HIAM, TTWE, IWG and Criminal were barely played when it came out and it doesn't get a single airplay today.

I'm from central Europe and when HIAM turned 10 years old, I requested the song to one of the biggest local radio stations and they did play it because of it's 10th anniversary but they were like "oh yeah I totally forgot about this song".

While FF spawned Britney's biggest radio hits in the US, it didn't do as well here...

I agree for HIAM and Criminal but here in Belgium TTWE was one of the most-played Britney songs on radio like ever. IWG not as much but still had very decent radio play.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block