Can we stop glamorizing the past like this? The era of “celebrity” as we once knew is over, and it’s better it stay that way — especially after all the corruption going on/being exposed in Hollywood. I’m glad the artists of today aren’t being milked by their labels and overworked towards exhaustion like MJ, Whitney or Britney. It’s also nice that Gen Z has that level of awareness and has more freedom to call their own shots. Not to mention, being able to control their own narrative which celebrities before the age of social media couldn’t really do as easily.

Edited by BadBunny
  • Love 8
  • Super Mods

Agree.

I think alot of the reason why we don’t see superstars anymore is cause of social media and streaming services.

The way we consume pop culture is so different now, which is sad cause I miss the days of buying a new cd or renting a movie.

They were great :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

• Love 7
1 hour ago, BadBunny said:

I’m glad the artists of today aren’t being milked by their labels and overworked towards exhaustion

Spot on! Also the music of the past, although loved by fans, wasn't what the artist necessarily wanted to do. It was forced upon them. They didn't really make much money from it unless they toured. But from a human perspective, most of us struggle to even go to the office these days.  Imagine having to get on a plane every day to tour to make money. Because they didn't make it from song writing credits because they were hardly given that. It's very sad actually. Great time for the fans. But what are they really stanning? Great label marketing. That's all!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Doja Kitten said:

Okay not because of the fact that the planet is literally burning, the upcoming world war or even nuclear war. Not because the land we have can only sustain us for 60 years of food? Okay. :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

i think the third world war is definitely coming. i recently heard news Russia is taking 10 years from now to increase their ability to battle. and it makes sense to me that we cant have peace for too long.

• Like 1

MJ had insane level of popularity and it didn't end well. It become easier for today entertainers bc of socials and ads. They practically can make money sitting at home, no touring, just selling products online. I don't  think they r more in control of their career or narrative. Artists r still making money for a lot of people like Lou Taylor for example. And bad things can still happen.

6 hours ago, BadBunny said:

Can we stop glamorizing the past like this? The era of “celebrity” as we once knew is over, and it’s better it stay that way — especially after all the corruption going on/being exposed in Hollywood. I’m glad the artists of today aren’t being milked by their labels and overworked towards exhaustion like MJ, Whitney or Britney. It’s also nice that Gen Z has that level of awareness and has more freedom to call their own shots. Not to mention, being able to control their own narrative which celebrities before the age of social media couldn’t really do as easily.

You said it perfectly. It was fun at the time but looking back and the damage it caused for a generation of kids. I would love to be Gen Z. So aware of the BS  that’s everywhere 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block