6 hours ago, BadBunny said:

Can we stop glamorizing the past like this? The era of “celebrity” as we once knew is over, and it’s better it stay that way — especially after all the corruption going on/being exposed in Hollywood. I’m glad the artists of today aren’t being milked by their labels and overworked towards exhaustion like MJ, Whitney or Britney. It’s also nice that Gen Z has that level of awareness and has more freedom to call their own shots. Not to mention, being able to control their own narrative which celebrities before the age of social media couldn’t really do as easily.

Will the real @BadBunny stand up? :gerlwat_sunglasses_cigarette_looking_what_blink: Who dis?

Lol I actually agree with you!

• Love 1

I know what you mean. The superstar era definitely feels over.

But for the best I think. Any positives would be outweighed by how awful that time was for the celebs themselves. And hardcore idolization of the rich and famous isn’t healthy anyway.

That idolization hasn’t stopped necessarily, swifties and kpop fans are intense. Probably because of the parasocial feeling so they both have their faults. 

I think we’ll just move even further away from celeb culture if anything. I see a lot less people caring these days, but maybe I’m just getting older 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, BadBunny said:

I’m glad the artists of today aren’t being milked by their labels and overworked towards exhaustion like MJ, Whitney or Britney. It’s also nice that Gen Z has that level of awareness and has more freedom to call their own shots. Not to mention, being able to control their own narrative which celebrities before the age of social media couldn’t really do as easily.

Ha, I wonder if that's the exact situation those new artists are today. Do they really have the freedom to do things as they make it seem to be? I'm not sure. We didn't think there was anything wrong on the early years of the careers of superstars like Britney or MJ, we just celebrated them. And I don't think those new supercool artists are that 'free' and liberated as it seems. We don't know. It's all so cool on social media. How's it all behind the curtains with their label and family? The corrupt system might take other medias to make it happen, unfortunately narratives get repeated. Eyes wide open.

As for about the new artists not being as big as MJ or whatever. Time will tell. They're writing their stories now. And things, the medias are different, so. There will be another way to write it, I suppose.

Edited by Fita
15 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Agree.

I think alot of the reason why we don’t see superstars anymore is cause of social media and streaming services.

The way we consume pop culture is so different now, which is sad cause I miss the days of buying a new cd or renting a movie.

They were great :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

Or even just buying a magazine :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

• Love 1
19 hours ago, DollyParton said:

What do you mean? Girl they have Dua Lipa or that Tate girl…

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

Girl :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

12 hours ago, aleomg said:

Ashley Tisdale. :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

For real, she had her moment when a lot of people, including myself, were obsessed with her. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

I bet my shoes that she is Paris Hilton in disguise :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

Edited by Wendy Williams
22 hours ago, Doja Kitten said:

Okay not because of the fact that the planet is literally burning, the upcoming world war or even nuclear war. Not because the land we have can only sustain us for 60 years of food? Okay. :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

My thought too lol

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block