UNPOPULAR OPINION: OOPS! I DID IT AGAIN IS A MUCH BETTER ALBUM THAN BLACKOUT

Sonically, “Oops! I Did It Again” is more gorgeous than “OverratedOUT”. :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew: AND IT’S TIME WE HAVE THAT CONVERSATION YOU BOTTOMS AREN’T READY FOR OMG. :pretends_shocked_wow_rihanna_surprised: Unlike the latter which mostly talks about s** and superficiality, it actually tells a story about a young girl seeking love and wanting independence as she transitions into adulthood.

The title track alone, Oops! I Did It Again, is better than anything on “Blackout” and was arguably one of the biggest, if not the biggest moment in female pop music of the millennium. It was a perfect pop moment and has the catchiest melody of all time with an INSANE production. Not to mention — the visuals, choreography, photoshoots, live performances, etc. She really had a budget and CAME to deliver. That’s also not to mention how she was only on her second studio album in just two years and was collaborating with songwriters and producers like Eric Foster, Shania Twain, Mutt Lange, Diane Warren, Darkchild, Max Martin and so many other brilliant musicians. Artistically, it WASHES “Blackout” and there’s a reason why it’s her highest rated album on Metacritic. Class is now dismissed and you can all now scramble in the comment section. :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

Edited by DignifiedLove
  • Love 5
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1
Just now, AII said:

I agree. And oops was written by Britney herself so it's more special to me Music Video Britney GIF

Yep, yep! It just feels more personal and “Britney”. In the real world, Oops is more praised than Blackout. Only on forums and stan Twitter do you see Blackout being more praised than BUBBLEGUM POP PERFECTION and DIAMOND-SELLING ALBUM, Oops.

Oops has always been my favorite Britney album. She had found her sound. It’s iconically “Britney” through and through. It’s cohesive, great production and vocals. 

Blackout is extremely Britney Spears as a person. She EP’d the project and there’s literally no skips on the album. It really is a snapshot of time, the fame, chaos, paparazzi, headlines, the fun, the bad…

• Love 5
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

Oops has always been my favorite Britney album. She had found her sound. It’s iconically “Britney” through and through. It’s cohesive, great production and vocals. 

Blackout is extremely Britney Spears as a person. She EP’d the project and there’s literally no skips on the album. It really is a snapshot of time, the fame, chaos, paparazzi, headlines, the fun, the bad…

Oops is her most cohesive and polished album to date. It really feels like an open diary. 

Also, Blackout has a lot of skips and songs that felt or sounded rushed and extremely unpolished. Let’s not lie to ourselves now.

Edited by DignifiedLove
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

that's just the truth :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Pretty much applies to every other album too  :truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill:

Well…kinda sorta. spacer.png
Blackout is still better than BOMT (the album), Circus, FF, BJ and GloRIP. It’s just not her best like some fans have convinced themselves to believe. spacer.png

Edited by DignifiedLove
1 minute ago, No Seas Cortes said:

At this point, I don't know what to think, I'm way too fed up with all of her albums, I've heard them too many times

caxsbawbie-1768939223518724293.gif

I even got tired of Gimme More

caxsbawbie-1768939223518724293.gif

The way I stopped listening to Britney for months and now her music sounds so fresh to me 

spacer.png

47 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

Sonically, “Oops! I Did It Again” is more gorgeous than “OverratedOUT”.

I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO COMPARE BABY ONE MORE TIME TO OOPS 

this is not the damage control thread you think it is godna………….. it will only bring you more controversy 

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block