Miley lists Tina Turner, Patti LaBelle, Dolly Parton, Celine Dion, and Whitney Houston as her idols ahead of GRAMMY performance. How come she omitted Britney?

Now that Miley is winning Grammys in the big categories and is respected as a serious artist, she isn't going to list Britney as one of her idols anymore. If this were the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards though, I'm sure she'd still list Britney as one of her idols. She's in a different league now.

• Like 6
5 minutes ago, FullCircle said:

Now that Miley is winning Grammys in the big categories and is respected as a serious artist, she isn't going to list Britney as one of her idols anymore. If this were the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards though, I'm sure she'd still list Britney as one of her idols. She's in a different league now.

It’s kind of sad and ironic that everyone is starting to surpass Britney as an artist.

• Like 4
12 hours ago, ElenaB said:

britney was her idol growing up bc of the similar career paths they had - the whole "good girl gone bad" trick larry rudolph orchestrated for both of them. 

i guess she now distanced herself from that, it's normal. she's shown support for britney throughout the whole freebritney process, i remember she was one of the few a-listers who did BEFORE the cship was over. 

I agree but the “good girl gone bad” trick wasn’t orchestrated by Larry. That was all Britney, which she crafted and perfected, of which many ex-acts also began to pursuit when coming of age. 

8 hours ago, AII said:

Why didn't she list Mariah Carey? Stop making it a thing. She doesn't have to list Britney. Britney isn't everything 

Bc Miley used to always list Britney as her biggest role model unlike Mariah. Artists like Dolly, I understand. I’m just a little surprised that someone like Celine was mentioned over Britney who we all know Miley idolizes (or at least used to).

8 hours ago, OneTrackMind said:

If britney is one, so are 99% of insta models and celebs. She's not the only half naked on insta, most people have bikini pics you know? They're half naked and you don't call them corn stars. 

You're such a weirdo, you will attack Britney in one thread, and then in another you compliment her as if you didn't call her insane in the other one. 

Refrain from calling users weirdos. People on here are allowed to be fans but also be critical of what she’s becoming. Also, why are we comparing Britney, a GRAMMY-Award winning artist, to that of a Insta model or **** star? Is the bar on the floor now? She isn’t a Kardashian, ffs.

3 hours ago, BadBunny said:

Bc Miley used to always list Britney as her biggest role model unlike Mariah. Artists like Dolly, I understand. I’m just a little surprised that someone like Celine was mentioned over Britney who we all know Miley idolizes (or at least used to).

Not many people still idolize Britney these days that used to. Even a lot of her fans don't care for her anymore. Miley is probably one of them. 

• Like 1

Britney never showed motherly love to Miley like Madonna did for Britney.

madonna even dedicated what it feels like for a girl and wore a britbey shirt

s yeat I love Miley and been following since see you again. She's our generations Stevie nicks 

23 hours ago, Gutterguppy said:

That's literally what this post is. Britney is not a vocalist, and has never been considered as such. As someone pointed out already, Miley didn't even list Mariah and was fawning over her at the Grammy's. Does that mean Miley is shading Mariah too? But we've gotten to a point as a fanbase where everything and anything Britney does/doesn't do is wrong and needs to be analyzed and criticized. 

Also the comparisons between Britney and Miley's singing is just nonsensical. Miley is not Britney's contemporary. When I go to a Britney concert, I expect to see a performance because Britney is a performer, not a vocalist. 

Where did Miley say she was strictly listing vocalists only? No one is saying she’s shading Britney but some of us are rather confused bc we grew up seeing Miley list Britney (and Dolly) as her main hero, idol, mentor, etc. for years, yet during her performance, Britney’s name was omitted. Say if Miley didn’t mention Dolly, I would have also been rather confused by it. 

Also, please look up what being a contemporary means and then her get to me. You don’t have to be the strongest vocalist voice to be omitted. If that were the case, then I can at least name so many other artists who sing better than Dolly.

23 hours ago, Az4Angela said:

I always got the impression Britney doesn't like Miley. She's always been very distant to her despite Miley supporting her. I found it very weird that she wasn't invited to the wedding but someone like Selena was.

Wasn’t Miley invited to the wedding? I remember reading a rumor that she couldn’t make it.

48 minutes ago, BadBunny said:

Where did Miley say she was strictly listing vocalists only? No one is saying she’s shading Britney but some of us are rather confused bc we grew up seeing Miley list Britney (and Dolly) as her main hero, idol, mentor, etc. for years, yet during her performance, Britney’s name was omitted. Say if Miley didn’t mention Dolly, I would have also been rather confused by it. 

Also, please look up what being a contemporary means and then her get to me. You don’t have to be the strongest vocalist voice to be omitted. If that were the case, then I can at least name so many other artists who sing better than Dolly.

Dolly is her godmother, so makes sense she'd throw her in there; Tina just passed away and Miley was clearly influenced by her cause she was emulating her style and performance Sunday night; Celine is an icon, Patti Labelle is an icon. All powerful and talented women who did so much in the music industry during their height of fame to pave the way for other female artists. Why do you give so much of a sh1t about Miley not mentioning Britney? Is this something that keeps you up at night? Miley has also cited Elvis Presley and Debbie Harry as musical influences too, you want to make a post about that?

Now every which way I turn on this site, there's you, making a diss at Britney. 'Oh, look at all of Britney's peers at the Grammy's, meanwhile she wants to be at home shaking her butt.' 'Oh, at least Justin is capable of sitting for an interview, unless a certain someone [insert offensive remark about Britney].' 'Oh, wow, look at how beautiful Christina is. Britney should get on ozempic to look like her.' All you've ever done in the past 5 months of you being on this forum is gaslight and exhibit deplorable, mean girl, bullying behavior. But to allow someone you don't even like, to live rent free in your head the way you do, is truly a feat, so I commend you, because that takes a lot of dedication, especially for someone who claims to be a casual fan, but spends 90% of their time obsessing about Britney. 

It's about to be 7 AM in Las Vegas, Loretta, from Clark County - don't you have a lesson plan that needs to be prepared for your 2nd grade students?

Edited by Gutterguppy
  • Super Mods

Perhaps maybe Miley didn't mention her because Britney herself said she quit the music industry,

so she just mentioned singers that still have active careers

but then again she mentioned Tina and Whitney, so maybe I'm wrong.

Honestly I don't know but maybe it is because Britney has shaded her numerous times. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

• Haha 1

I actually thought that Mariah Carey was the name that really felt awkward to be omitted from that list of inspirations.

Miley accepted an award from Mariah and was fawning over her. And then one minute later the video comes up and Miley doesn't name Mariah as an inspiration 💀💀💀💀

That list contained more classic artists and vocalist divas and Mariah seemed to be missing more than Britney. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block