Miley lists Tina Turner, Patti LaBelle, Dolly Parton, Celine Dion, and Whitney Houston as her idols ahead of GRAMMY performance. How come she omitted Britney?

1 hour ago, OneTrackMind said:

So you are back only to bait or what? 

Why do you guys take it so PERSONALLY that Miley didn't name Britney? 

That's literally what this post is. Britney is not a vocalist, and has never been considered as such. As someone pointed out already, Miley didn't even list Mariah and was fawning over her at the Grammy's. Does that mean Miley is shading Mariah too? But we've gotten to a point as a fanbase where everything and anything Britney does/doesn't do is wrong and needs to be analyzed and criticized. 

Also the comparisons between Britney and Miley's singing is just nonsensical. Miley is not Britney's contemporary. When I go to a Britney concert, I expect to see a performance because Britney is a performer, not a vocalist. 

Edited by Gutterguppy
  • Love 1
  • Like 2

she's in a phase of her career where she wants to be taken and perceived more seriously artistically. the legends she mentioned are highly and consensually respected primarily for their artistry, which fit the pr image she's working on. while britney is recognised as an icon by most millennials, she isn't conventionally acclaimed for her artistry is she. by praising britney she would automatically be associated to a certain genre of 'frivolous' pop which she's obviously trying to move away from.

it's all pr guys, i'm sure she still loves and appreciates our girl lol

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, EgyptianLore said:

Idol? For what?

For twirling in a see-through dress, holding knives, with an eyeshadow smeared on her face?

She destroyed her brand and legacy. The sad thing is, you are too delusional to see it. 

What destroyed Britney's brand and legacy was the C Ship and her being drugged, medicated and forced to do things she didn't want to do.

Britney was treated as a work horse and had no control, what we see now is her trying to recover as best she can after being traumatized, and hurt so badly.

• Love 2

Like some people already explained...

* Britney isn’t respected as a artist to be an example like the women of the list.

* Britney ignored Miley every time Miley tried to praise her.

I don't think Britney likes Miley at all, the feat for bangerz screams Larry Rudolph "convincing Britney to do something" work.

It's a shame. Britney always was way too kind with people who ignored her... Timberlake,  Bieber, even Selena after revival stop mentioning Britney so much. Miley was one of the first to say Free Britney.

Miley is an amazing artist, one of the few still really capable of performing. Last night she proved it.

Sad Britney doesn't seem to like her,  Miley could help B to find herself as an artist and be a friend.

• Love 1
  • Like 4
14 hours ago, monalisaney81 said:

The producers probably told Miley to pick someone else bc Britney is not respected by the industry any longer. Sadly.

Miley is her own woman though. She runs the show and calls her shots as the rawness of her GRAMMY performance was a clear indicator of that. I HIGHLY doubt any producer told her what she could or couldn’t say. 

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Joel Santos said:

Britney spent her entire life ignoring Miley and, when she decided to mention her, it was in a dubious way. Miley is right to ignore her too. Not to mention that she only mentioned singers with great voices, which is not the case with Britney.

I guess that’s what they mean by never meet your idols…

• Like 4
13 hours ago, Itscuzim31 said:

Whitney would be embarrassed to be associated or mentioned by Miley Cyrus. She woulda shaded the hell out of Bangerz era Miley. 

Highly doubt it. Miley has proven, time and time again, that she is a respected pop music legend. Also, are we forgetting the times Whitney shaded Britney after the release of My Prerogative?

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block