Justin Timberlake drops music video for new single "Selfish"

1 minute ago, Sia said:

That’s like saying that Madonna gives you Lady Gaga vibes.

I mean, yeah, but it’s true. Justin Bieber is pretty much a version of Timberlake for this generation. I actually think it’d be cool to see Bieber on the album with him. And Gaga, especially earlier in career, definitely gave Madonna vibes. Very fair comparisons in my opinion.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, jamesedward94 said:

Hard to explain how I feel about this song. I think it’s really good. It does sound like stuff I’ve heard before but it stands out still. Sounds current and dated at the same time. He sounds great, good as ever really. I feel like the production of this song is where he sounds best. Clean, modern pop with the slightest tough of r&b. If the whole album is like this I think it’ll be his best. It’s a simple song but it sounds nice. Just weird for a comeback. I like that it isn’t trying too hard like a lot of his more recent album stuff. 

Video is good to me. Modern and has star power and magic. The crawling through the tiny space is memorable and I really like how the final dance scene was shot and how it looks. Nothing spectacular but got the job done and could’ve been worse. Haven’t liked many videos lately.

This is classic pure pop and much needed on the charts! Not sure how it’ll do. Could either smash or just have mid success. Very hard to tell with the Britney stuff. Also feel like he’s not very popular anymore since he’s been away so long. He’s gonna have to bring it with the album and remind everyone how good he is.

Great response :bareclap_beyonce_slow_clapping:

• Love 1
6 hours ago, krizzzy said:

I tried my best to keep any Britney references I've noticed to myself, but I'll just leave them here to start some **** lmao  :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

Here are my crazy thoughts

Okay, so this is basically a I'm Sorry Britney video

First of all the song title? Selfish! Yes you were when you broke up and used her name and the breakup to promote your ****

The very obvious color red? Ok we see you Maria River RED

That tiny house looking like a clinic & him trying to reach the phone to call someone? Wondering who :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

And we got tiny furniture? Oh I know someone that loves tiny furniture!

him destroying the house / their life because he just couldn't make the call. OVER AND OVER. And him thinking about destroying it.

And last but not least - him spinning in an empty room. VOILA!

Just not sure about the sunset picture.

Oh and this is not serious - just thought there were some coincidences - since we don't even know what the video is about. 

Fumny but i thought about Britney then i saw that little room with little furniture too. 

13 hours ago, amel said:

This song sounds dated,  predictable and underwhelming esp for a first single,  but I thought the MV was kinda telling a story. When he goes into the tiny house I feel like that was a nod to cry me a river, maybe he's boxed in by that image. Then he leaves wanting to break free and then it's like he's goes to memory lane, the dance at the end is kind of a nod to his VMA performance in 2006 when my love was released. Then he opens his eyes at the end...and wakes up from who he was.

Selfish reminds me of its Not a bad thing, a mellow sound , very JT esque everything we kinda know him for, its his sound....he's playing it safe for his first single that's for sure.

I knewww it reminded me of another one of his songs….Not a Bad Thing for sure!  

6 hours ago, NewChasey'sOnAMission said:

Some of yall are so bitter 🙄

Love the song and video. JT looks and sounds great IMO

JT looks great?
he looks like at least 50 yo with bad skin routine.

people bash britney for 'aging badly' but jt looks like he aged 10x badly even with professional make up and lighting compared to britney. at least britney looks like a doll with professional make up and lighting.

38 minutes ago, 3Pney said:

JT looks great?
he looks like at least 50 yo with bad skin routine.

people bash britney for 'aging badly' but jt looks like he aged 10x badly even with professional make up and lighting compared to britney. at least britney looks like a doll with professional make up and lighting.

Yes, IMO JT does look great. Aging is a normal part of life and he is 42, so 🤷‍♂️

I didn't say nor have I said anything regarding Britney's appearance. I think she looks great as well. I simply commented about JT on a post that was created about JT. 

Not everything has to circle back to Britney. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2
On 1/25/2024 at 4:16 PM, krizzzy said:

I tried my best to keep any Britney references I've noticed to myself, but I'll just leave them here to start some **** lmao  :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

Here are my crazy thoughts

Okay, so this is basically a I'm Sorry Britney video

First of all the song title? Selfish! Yes you were when you broke up and used her name and the breakup to promote your ****

The very obvious color red? Ok we see you Maria River RED

That tiny house looking like a clinic & him trying to reach the phone to call someone? Wondering who :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

And we got tiny furniture? Oh I know someone that loves tiny furniture!

him destroying the house / their life because he just couldn't make the call. OVER AND OVER. And him thinking about destroying it.

And last but not least - him spinning in an empty room. VOILA!

Just not sure about the sunset picture.

Oh and this is not serious - just thought there were some coincidences - since we don't even know what the video is about. 

The hallway with the little furniture made me think of a hospital waiting room which reminded me of every time but I know I'm reaching yall don't have to tell me

It’s pretty average IMO. Not very memorable and nowhere near as good as anything off the first three albums. Idk I also find him cringe when he performs now, like he’s too manufactured. He looked stupid on SNL jumping around singing Sanctified, acting like he was singing his heart out on big parts while the mic has reverb or whatever it’s called. I will be interested to see if he gets asked about Britney in his promo interviews or if he is able to stop those q’s being asked.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block