do you think Britney cares that her Instagram makes people believe she's unstable?

I think she is just sending coded messages to people personal to her and fans. She’s experimenting with her image which makes sense because it’s been controlled her whole life and completely for 13 years. Imagine being controlled on every level by people conspiring to siphon money out of you. She suffered a HUGE trauma. People cope in different ways. I personally don’t judge people. I think she’s far more intelligent than most people. If you don’t like it I mean you don’t have to pay attention. 

• Love 4

But they will never see her as mentally stable? People will always mock her because of her breakdown in 2007, even when she was quiet and "well behaved" during the con. The amount of headshaving comments I got from aßßholes because I mentioned I like Britney Spears was insane!! And this was in 2013!! The media made sure NO ONE will forget what happened in 2007 simply because her breakdown was in the news every effing day. It was hell on earth for Britney fans, so I can only imagine how cruelsome it must have been for Britney herself.

Will Instagram live on forever? Or will it end like Myspace? The internet is not forever, so who really cares what's on there? You're allowed to feel whatever about her posts, but like... it's never that serious.

• Love 5

I’m sorry, but I’m starting to agree with other people that she just WANTS attention. Negative attention specifically, it seems to give her a rush. Very odd. That or she is mentally unwell, understandably so but like get some help girl . It is bizarre behavior to act like this as a 40 year old woman.

• Love 4
  • Like 3
38 minutes ago, OneTrackMind said:

But they will never see her as mentally stable? People will always mock her because of her breakdown in 2007, even when she was quiet and "well behaved" during the con. The amount of headshaving comments I got from aßßholes because I mentioned I like Britney Spears was insane!! And this was in 2013!! The media made sure NO ONE will forget what happened in 2007 simply because her breakdown was in the news every effing day. It was hell on earth for Britney fans, so I can only imagine how cruelsome it must have been for Britney herself.

Will Instagram live on forever? Or will it end like Myspace? The internet is not forever, so who really cares what's on there? You're allowed to feel whatever about her posts, but like... it's never that serious.

Exactly. She will never be seen as 'stable' cause the media and some of her own fans continue to weaponize her struggles against her. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I don't think she does care, and neither should she. People like to judge, but it is usually a reflection of their own insecurity rather than a reflection on the person been judged. The majority of the people who view her Instagram could only dream of her success and won't be remembered in a 100 years time. Plus many will not experienced the level of trauma she has. Therefore maybe they should reel their in their necks in a bit, and and look to their own inadequcies, before they start with the sl** shaming, victim blaming, mum shaming, amateur phycologist, amateur career adviser, ableist trolling bull**** etc that some like to indulge in.      

• Love 6

Her IG has been a hot mess since before the conservatorship even ended.  It’s been over two years since it ended and she’s still going strong with her posts.  She disabled the comments a long time ago and has admitted to reading the hateful comments prior to turning them off.  It’s safe to say that she is aware and genuinely doesn’t gaf.

Edited by G-unit
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, The One and Only said:

According to her, her Instagram is perfect :beysip_sipping_drink_hoodie_starbucks_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_giggle_cackle_cackling_laughing_lmao:

I remember this lol.

Things like that makes me think she doesn't understand the real problem with her content.

2 hours ago, UnderHisSpell said:

She said she will purposely offend people because she was offended many times throughout her carrer so let that sink in and leave her alone :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

Its a possibility she wants to do bizarre things because she wants to offend. Even the book kinda admit her self destruct behavior... she wants to affect others but only hurts herself.

I still think she doesn’t have the real idea of how her content is bizarre tho.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Obviously not lol. She only keeps adding fuel to the fire and continues to give people plenty of reasons to think she’s unstable/using dr**s/mentally ill/etc. I think we were all expecting something very different when she was released from the conservatorship, and what we got was only proof that she actually needs a conservatorship (just not an abusive one). She has only continued to decline and regress since the con ended. 

Edited by iZacaree
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, iZacaree said:

Obviously not lol. She only keeps adding fuel to the fire and continues to give people plenty of reasons to think she’s unstable/using dr**s/mentally ill/etc. I think we were all expecting something very different when she was released from the conservatorship, and what we got was only proof that she actually needs a conservatorship (just not an abusive one). She has only continued to decline and regress since the con ended. 

She doesn't need conservatorship. It is one of the biggest reasons she is like she is now: unstable and unable to know what to do with her life and with herself. It infantilized and traumatized her. What she needs is hard core long term therapy but I think she became resistant to it and probably because of the abuse of the conservatorship, besides I doubt she has good therapists in LA (they just have 'name' to famous people)

Edited by spreadmywings
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, The Dream said:

She has made it clear with her book that she cares about opinions.

But we also know she is a bit rebel and she wants to make people uncomfortable. 

21 hours ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

She also made it clear with her book she is having fun on instagram and doesn’t care what people think so this thread is a waste of space just say you didn’t read the book you flop

21 hours ago, The Dream said:

Calm down, her book is basically my bible.

Actually, I remember she said somewhere that she actually cares. But caring or not, she seems to post whatever she wants to do and just plays around. And apparently when something she has posted bothers her, she deletes it, as we know well.

3 hours ago, spreadmywings said:

She doesn't need conservatorship. It is one of the biggest reasons she is like she is now: unstable and unable to know what to do with her life and with herself. It infantilized and traumatized her. What she needs is hard core long term therapy but I think she became resistant to it and probably because of the abuse of the conservatorship, besides I doubt she has good therapists in LA (they just have 'name' to famous people)

I am amazed that there are still stooopid people who don't know what a probate conservatorship is. I agree that her present behavior is a result of the conservatorship including her reluctance to more intensive therapy than she has had ever since Jodi Montgomery took over in the summer of 2019.  At one point Britney wrote that she would join a program in the UK, but I think she is afraid of any facility after she was imprisoned in one, thought they wanted to kill her or at least never let her leave.  

Trauma cannot be healed forever by throwing therapy at it. Triggers show up at inopportune times. Any effort to help may be interpreted as control. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block