What is one period with Britney that is so important in your life?

I would say the summer-spring after the release of In The Zone. Spring and Summer of 2004. The world was just so perfect in my eyes. Whenever I listen a track from In the zone I would become this person in my own eyes that I can go do big and great things in a big city. I could rent my own apartment, although Britney was heavily bonded with her family, I used to think that I could leave my parents and siblings behind and become whatever I want in a big city. It was almost like one of those chick flicks lol. Coming from a small town, going to university, be the best of everything just because I’m a good person and I work hard. Lol. 
Idk where the heck did I adapt that idea but I guess it was because of Me Against The Music. It was just pumping the idea that a city is a very colorful thing and that’s where I wanna be. I used to think that I could have a friend group like she always do with her backup dancers. Every person in my school was in love with Britney. I used to think like Britney is my thing and these people were just entering in my world simply just listening to Britney. And I was like “ can Britney even do wrong?” Baby one more time , Oops I did it again, I’m a slave 4 u, Toxic? How on earth Britney make this out of the world-like music. I could not get enough of her and that cd. Because during that time internet and social media was not this big. And if you would live in a 3rd world country you would buy teenage magazines, buy albums, run hd music videos to your cd or to your floppy disk and you would watch them whenever you can from your desktop computer. Lol. 
and when I saw Britney’s album on a music shop or a supermarket ( Idk maybe a shop in a mall) it was magic. During that time I was already big Britney fan. Posters, scrap books, lyric books, albums, pictures over pictures… you name it. i still remember clearly the moment I turn down from that aisle of that shop and there she was. Maybe like 100-200 copies of In The Zone and a blue cut out of Britney standing there. After I got my album, I listen to it none stop. Sometimes it was to overcome my shy personality, sometimes it was just great music, sometimes it was like I was in a movie. Britney was always there for me during that period. And i would not change anything to that period. 

what’s some of your biggest period that is so important that you spend with Britney?

• Love 5

I've always said about ITZ,

Maybe I took more from it then it was ever meant to give, but as a young woman at the time... It gave me permission to explore relationships, my own s€xuality, my confidence and unashamedly feel things deeply for the first time ever in my young life.  

It just put so many things into focus through music.  The journey of that album is so deeply personal to me that it will forever be my favorite Britney album and one of my most favorite albums of all time.  

10/10 zero skips, highly recommend 

• Love 3

The ”Circus” album turned me into a fan, so I’ll always have a personal connection to it. I’ll never forget how young I was when I discovered such cool music – it was truly eye-opening. I remember being so excited to learn about the album, Britney, and the man who played “Womanizer.” LOL. This represents a coming of age thing for me, and I’m happy about it.💛

• Love 1
  • Super Mods

Her Oops/Britney era because I became a fan during that time and I remember how big she was.

She was like other worldly to me when I was a kid.

No other celebrity has had such an effect and impact on me like she has.

But then also I'd say her 2007 era as well, you know why?

Because I was 14 back then but like everyone else, I thought she was going "crazy"

but now as a grown woman who has been through some bad sh!!!t and trauma herself,

I understand why she broke down the way she did and I truly emphathize for her now (NOT that I didn't before)

I no longer think negatively of her during that time in her life, I see a woman who needed support but instead was the laughing stock of America. :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

(Oh I just realized u only asked for 1 period, I'm sorry. I just wanted to write the britney periods that were important to me in my life)

• Love 1

Femme Fatale because it came out right when I was first moving out of my family home several hours away, and I had it on constant repeat during the long car rides. Also the food court had these TVs you could text to request MVs and I would always make it play the I Wanna Go MV for all the locals just wanting to get their chick fil a.

• Love 1

Honestly? Femme Fatale. :gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses:

I was young adult at the time. I was figuring out who I was, and what I need to do in life. You know, when you're finally a woman, not a girl anymore :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

Femme Fatale wasn't deep album, at all. It was fun and carefree, filled with bops after bops. That was just what a young and confused adult me needed. :brit2016_britney_bikini_orange_dance_beach_swimming:

It's not that good album anymore in my opinion, pretty dated and some of the songs are... choices, but I still think it was the soundtrack in a major turning point of my life.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block