Britney's Memoir ''The Woman In Me'' | Out Now | Discussion with spoilers

12 minutes ago, rebellion_is_the_way said:

“Justin blamed me, everybody sl** shamed me, I got booed at the places I went. But I love justin and happy that he outed me. It’s my label’s bad promoting me as a virgin”

girl you told the world on press interviews that you were a virgin and would like to remain that till you get married. So I couldn’t catch the part where she tells how exactly her label made her say that. It was a random press interview during Oops era and the questions was random. 
Thanking Justin and understanding his “ I ****ed b” as “ he was like she’s a woman bro, she have s**” is another level.

Idk man maybe deep down she wanted the public to know they were sleeping together  🤷‍♀️ It kind of messes with your head pretending to be this paradoxical puritanical virgin all the time, especially when you have comedians making fun of you and your boyfriend’s ‘nonexistent ***ual life’ all the time.

I think at some point she tried to rebel against that label, especially overseas (she told an australian interviewer of her fav ***ual position in 2000), but at times, especially in America she’ll revert back to lying about being a virgin. I kinda get her honestly.

Edited by Shaza
  • Love 6
  • Like 2

What do ppl think of the claims that everyone’s lawyers (those mentioned in the book) have gone through these  contents and hence that’s why some of the stuff was not mentioned in the book?

I saw a comment on reddit saying 33 pages were taken out… how true is that?

Edited by Shaza
  • Like 1

I really wanted to pre-order this but the fan-made cover using old pictures and the fact she didn’t write it herself or narrate the audiobook really turned me off. Who wouldn’t want to record the audio for their own memoir? 

Also, I presume it’s been heavily watered down after Britney received defamation lawsuit threats from people she mentioned in the book. I totally would believe it, but without solid proof it’s too risky for the publisher.

I’ll wait and see what the reviews look like and pick up a copy from Amazon if it’s looking positive. 

• Haha 3
7 minutes ago, balmainxcx said:

I really wanted to pre-order this but the fan-made cover using old pictures and the fact she didn’t write it herself or narrate the audiobook really turned me off. Who wouldn’t want to record the audio for their own memoir? 

Also, I presume it’s been heavily watered down after Britney received defamation lawsuit threats from people she mentioned in the book. I totally would believe it, but without solid proof it’s too risky for the publisher.

I’ll wait and see what the reviews look like and pick up a copy from Amazon if it’s looking positive. 

At this point I fully believe Justin didn’t send any lawyers or threats, especially the way he was mentioned in like, half of the book (lol) and not all of it was positive.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Shaza said:

What do ppl think of the claims that everyone’s lawyers (those mentioned in the book) have gone through these  contents and hence that’s why some of the stuff was not mentioned in the book?

I saw a comment on reddit saying 33 pages were taken out… how true is that?

I think the NYT mentioned it was supposed to be 320 pages but it was cut short

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block