Mark Read of A1 posted something about Britney.

Edit: Link of the image: 

Hi! I'm not sure if you're familiar with the boy band "a1". They entered the music industry about the same time as Britney in the late 90s and also peaked at the time until the early 2000s before coming back later on but for me, they never reached Brit's level of popularity although they have similar genre as Backstreet Boys, NSYNC, Westlife, 98 degrees, etc. 

One of their members, Mark Read, posteda selfie last September 29 (the one at the left of the collage) having "(You Drive Me) Crazy" as the background music. As someone who like his band's songs, I was happy seeing it knowing that I'm also a member of the Britney Army. However, 5 days later (the one at the right of the collage), he posted a story that for me seems mocking Britney's dance video with those fake knives. I was hurt seeing it as I'm about to actually see a1 live in a few days. Although I like the band's songs as I generally like late 90s-early 2000s music, I love Britney so much that I just cannot tolerate people who say anything bad towards her. This has been giving me a heavy heart and it sucks that it came from a guy who I also looked up to. Watching the band live, seeing this guy live for the first time has become awkward.

💔

Edited by mildredthewitch
Putting the image from an image host link (wasn't able to put it earlier).
  • Love 4
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

I never heard of the boyband A1 and that's saying a lot considering how obsessed I am with the late 90s/early 00s pop era. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

Anyways that's horrible that they mocked Britney.

Can you put the link to their story on here please?

TLDR what is this thread about. I’m only on exhale for 15 min as my boss hasn’t found me in the restroom supply closet yet 

• Haha 3
  • Super Mods
5 minutes ago, HIM said:

TLDR what is this thread about. I’m only on exhale for 15 min as my boss hasn’t found me in the restroom supply closet yet 

It's basically of a guy from a not very famous boyband in the late 90s and early 2000s who mocked Britney for her knife dancing video on their story on IG recently.

• Love 1
On 10/7/2023 at 2:21 PM, princessmimi said:

I never heard of the boyband A1 and that's saying a lot considering how obsessed I am with the late 90s/early 00s pop era. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

Anyways that's horrible that they mocked Britney.

Can you put the link to their story on here please?

Hello, I thought that I already shared the picture here but it turns out that it only showed at the home page. Anyway, here it is: (Link removed)

a1 is a British-Norwegian band, and they're not successful in the US. They're more known in Asia (outside of Europe).

Edited by mildredthewitch
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, mildredthewitch said:

Hello, I thought that I already shared the picture here but it turns out that it only showed at the home page. Anyway, here it is: https://ibb.co/wgTqrXV

a1 is a British-Norwegian band, and they're not successful in the US. They're more known in Asia (outside of Europe).

Sorry if the above link is not working. I'm not very technically-familiar here.

Here is an alternative link: 

31 minutes ago, canwesynchronize said:

I've never heard of A1 and I'm sorry that your perception has shifted due to the band member's post.  Could you share the pics or story?

Hello, sorry for not being able to share it on my original post. I posted in on my most recent comment before this. Yeah, it sucks when you admire people and then you'll realize later on that they have a belief/value/opinion that don't match as yours. Much worse if it's directed towards your other idol.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
16 minutes ago, mildredthewitch said:

Yeah, it is. 😓 If you have another idol and they posted something similar about Britney, would you immediately stop becoming their fan? 🥺

If it was negative for sure.

That happened with me with Katy Perry.

I lost what little respect I had for her when she made fun of Britney’s meltdown.

Katy is not a nice person at all and she is a major bully and bich.

Anyone who makes fun of mental illness or people going through hard times DESERVES what’s coming to them! 

She also had the nerve to call Mariah Carey a throwback yet Mariah is still remembered and loved while Katy ironically is a has been throwback.

Karma has been a bich to her cause she hasn’t had a big top 40 hit since 2017 and is now on American Idol which hasn’t been relevant since the 2000s lol :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block