Christina Aguilera mocked Britney's voice in MasterClass teaching how to sing "Fighter"

1 hour ago, princessmimi said:

Why does she always mock Britney?

Like what does she have against her? :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

And tbh Christina's growling in her songs gets old REALLY FAST!

Its exhausting listening to her doing that along with all the runs in her music.

Don't get me wrong, I like Christina but at least listening to Britney's voice isn't overbearing after a while.

She’s just jealous that Britney got all the recognition from the world that put Britney on the same platform as Madonna and Michael for her performing skills and she didn’t get it with her screami..I mean singing.

That’s just my take, there could be something more to it idk.

• Love 2
  • Like 3
  • Super Mods
6 minutes ago, The Femme Fatale said:

She’s just jealous that Britney got all the recognition from the world that put Britney on the same platform as Madonna and Michael for her performing skills and she didn’t get it with her screami..I mean singing.

That’s just my take, there could be something more to it idk.

Lol yeah maybe so.

I would not be surprised if that's true.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Lol yeah maybe so.

I would not be surprised if that's true.

Me either. That’s always what it seemed to me growing up. They were always pitted against each other yet Britney got all the recognition.

You can even look at the VMAs when they performed with Madonna, Britney got all the recognition for it and Christina didn’t. After that happened she was bitter and made a comment ripping other performers and Britney saying she needed a gimmick when she kissed Madonna, and when Britney was on TRL, they told her the quote and that’s where you get one of Britney’s famous shades ever to someone. 

It starts at 2:40

I’m not bashing Christina in anyway, I like her music, but just her personality and better than thou attitude has always rubbed me the wrong way. Tbh the way she acts about Britney makes me look at her as a more successful and more talented version of Juno. Constantly living in her shadow and being bitter about it.

Edited by The Femme Fatale
  • Love 1

At least Britney cares about feelings in the story of the song. She delivers feelings, Christina only cares about runs and sounding good.

Many artists uses techniques when they sing to make their voice different. Dont tell me operasingers are naturals like that all the time. And I know one, its definitely not natural.

Christina can stick her voice up her ***, i have yet to feel emotions from her thats real, but i can cry to Britneys Email my heart.

• Love 5

I don't think she was necessarily referring to Britney. I mean, Britney hasn't been the only one to sing nasally and "baby voice". You guys should stop putting these two amazing women artists against each other, though. We don't see men been putting in the same position. We don't need more of that... 

:sickofu_britney_blinking_umm_wtf_confused_annoyed:

On the other hand, I remember Xtina kinda sang in that 'unnatural' way when she came up with Genie. She did talked about how it was frustrating for her what the label wanted her to be in that time. And that experience probably made her realize what is more natural and what is more what the industry and her label wanted her to sound like... I think that's what she was talking about.

Aren't you guys that always talk about how Britney's deeper and natural voice is beautiful and you guys wanted her to sing more like that?

:awkblink_britney_awkward_blinking:

• Like 2

I always preferred Christina’s softer tone, like on the songs such “without you” with the soft and airy backing vocals.

She’s forgetting that even Whitney and Mariah experimented with soft and girly tones. Particularly with their verses on songs such as Butterfly, Babydoll, saving all my love for you etc.

using the different tones makes songs more interesting rather than just shouting all the time.

• Like 5

Not one to fan the flames of this tired "feud," but, irrespective of my love for Britney, Christina isn't that impressive as a singer because she's not a good interpreter of verse. She so rarely accesses the correct emotion. The Chaka Khans and Dusty Springfields knew that inhabiting a lyric and believably conveying its sentiment is fifty times more effective than caterwauling mindlessly.

• Like 2

Honestly i only listen to her songs from her debut album because those arent painful to my ears... her stripped album has good ballads but its hard to listen on a full album after a song or two because of the constant screaming. I cabt even listen to dirrty on repeat because i might get headache afterwards. Her voice to me  bleeds my ears. Even my loudspeakers cant even handle her harsh screaming vocals. Lol. :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block