What ethnicity do you think Britney looks?

• Super Mods

In the beginning of her career during the BOMT era she looked italian especially with her brown hair and tan skin.

Just look at the BOMT album photoshoot,

she did not look white.

Now she does cause she's blonde and her skin isn't tan.

But yeah she did look latina or italian when she debuted.

Such an interesting thread, and it was offered in a respectful way and I appreciate the history class lol. 

Personally, me, as a latin person, always thought britney looked nothing like what I picture american white girls to look like, or northern european. Of course this comes from the perspective of someone living in latin america where we are told every american or european is pale white with blond hair and blue eyes lol. For example, Taylor Swift, or Madonna, or meghan trainor, are people that I would relate to being a white american. Britney was too tan in her early years, has brown eyes and even tho she was pretty much always a blonde, she didn't have the platinum blonde look until 2001 if I'm not wrong. Lynne definitely looks very mixed too so it makes sense what you say that she must have her genes from her Maltese side. 

Edited by Richie
  • Like 1

Why are some of you assuming that a white person cannot have big brown eyes, dark hair, and tanned skin? Many Europeans, especially those from southern European countries, possess these features :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

It's crucial to avoid making broad generalizations about any ethnic or regional group's physical appearance, as diversity exists within every population. People's physical features are influenced by a combination of genetic factors, making each individual unique :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

• Love 2
10 hours ago, IAmBorg said:

I agree, but I don’t think white is the correct way to describe it. I think it’s more like other or different. 

In the past if you were Slavic, Jewish or Irish looking you would be seen as less. But our skin color is all white. It was more basic on a set of characteristics over skin color. So if you had the physical characteristics of x you were other and therefore viewed as Y.

I’m not sure if you are American but to me as an European find it very hard to identify with white. As my experiences and culture is very different as that of my fellow Europeans or Northern Americans. I find it very hard to think of myself as the same people as for example white Americans. I’ve never been there, I don’t know what it’s like to be white American. How can I view myself as the same just because my skin color matches. 

I totally get you. Some Italians don’t consider themselves white and the same goes for people from south/southeastern Europe. 

Yes, even if your skin is white, depending on your other physical attributes (e.g. eye and hair color) you may or may not be consider white. I’m from Sweden and therefore would be consider “whiter” than someone who is from southern Europe. Hit**r really set the tone for beauty standards. We have all been brainwashed.

15 hours ago, Pfefferminz said:

At one point, Italians along with Irish people were not considered white. A lot of Italians can pass for being Middle Eastern and South American. This wasn’t just in America but in England as well. These days, Italians are accepted as caucasian.

I think Britney looks like the British-Maltese woman that she is. I saw some mention Albanian and yeah, she looks like she could be from any southeastern European country as well. 

It sounds like you're holding on to a stereotypical idea of what Italians look like. Have you ever been there? Believe it or not, almost half of the population, especially in the South, is blonde with blue eyes, and there are many redheads too. It makes one wonder why the media and TV always represent Italians in a specific way, perhaps because that stereotype attracts foreigners for marketing reasons.

In my opinion, it's unacceptable and can even be perceived as racist to analyse or assume someone's ethnicity, or to presume that a population should look a certain way. It seems that some of us have been poorly educated in this regard, and it shows.

15 minutes ago, Crazy4BRITNEY3.0 said:

It sounds like you're holding on to a stereotypical idea of what Italians look like. Have you ever been there? Believe it or not, almost half of the population, especially in the South, is blonde with blue eyes, and there are many redheads too. It makes one wonder why the media and TV always represent Italians in a specific way, perhaps because that stereotype attracts foreigners for marketing reasons.

In my opinion, it's unacceptable and can even be perceived as racist to analyse or assume someone's ethnicity, or to presume that a population should look a certain way. It seems that some of us have been poorly educated in this regard, and it shows.

I’m not ignorant! I’m perfectly aware how diverse Italians are in terms of looks. Not everyone is the stereotypical dark and brown-eyed.  Then again, this goes for all ethnicities. I have come across blue-eyed and redhead afghan twins, a blue-eyed and blonde Afro-haired woman with a dad from West Africa and a black-haired and brown eyed Irish man. 

44 minutes ago, Crazy4BRITNEY3.0 said:

In that case, she looks like she's from Rwanda :badgirl_britney_flirt_sexy_pom_piece_of_me_lips:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block