What ethnicity do you think Britney looks?

Weird question I know. Don't judge me. :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

Let me preface this, in NO way am I discounting her Southern heritage which she takes great pride in. But I am a makeup enthusiast who has tried emulating her makeup, I've watched all her videos, I know her face better than most people do and I have always admired her style.. and I find it interesting because I don't think her face matches her actual ancestry.

According to most sources, Jamie is English, Scottish, and Irish, whereas Lynne is English, Irish, and Italian (from Malta). Somewhere between the two there is also Welsh and French. 

I've never believed Britney has the features of a typical white Southern girl, especially her eyes. Britney has the most interesting and beautiful face I've ever seen on a woman, and when I think of a Southern woman with a more "typical" look I think of Dolly Parton, Jennifer Lawrence, or Reese Witherspoon. Hearing Lynne speak for the first time with a thick Southern accent threw me off, because I am not used to seeing people who look like Lynne with a Southern accent. 

I've long contended you will find more women who look like Britney in New Jersey, New York City, Connecticut. And that it shocks me, that the overwhelming majority of her background is English and Scottish. When she first debuted, people even thought she could have been Latina.

To me, Britney and Lynne both look Italian, far more than English or southern WASP.

So what do y'all say? 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Victoriab1tch said:

That's weird, yet interesting :eyes_britney_laugh: 

I sometimes think Britney is like, a miracle of creation, because she is so beautiful when so many of her relatives are... well, the exact opposite. And given her ancestry, the odds of her looking how she does were against her favor. She just happened to get the best genes. :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

11 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

White girl 👧 

Ok but what *kind* of white girl lol

• Love 1
  • Like 3
4 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

When Britney gets her tan on and rocks her naturally dark hair, she looks Mediterranean. So does Lynne, honestly. Which makes sense, given their Maltese heritage.

Honestly, Britney's "natural" state is pretty racially ambiguous, she could pass for Latina or Middle Eastern if she wanted to.

Malta is fascinating because there IS a Middle Eastern connection. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: Sicily and its islands of Lampedusa, Pantelleria, and Malta were all ruled by Egypt and Tunisia for 300 years. Malta was later under French and Spanish rule like the rest of southern Italy. They were ruled by the British throughout most of the 1800s and 1900s, and in 1964 became independent, choosing not to become part of Italy.  

I love history too. Just throwing this in there.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Hamelia said:

Britney: Gorgeous! American mixture with varied white ancestry.  :wink_britney_everytime_white:

Malta is interesting, you are right, very checkered history which is not surprising for an island in the Mediterranean.

The other thing people don't know about Malta is, the British never intended to stop in Malta. But Malta has 500K people versus Sicily's 5 Million.  :britlol_britney_surprised_wow_oh_shocked_choatic:

So history could have either turned out one of two alternate ways: 

1. The British could have succeeded in their colonization of Sicily and, like Malta, it too would have never became part of Italy (and would have been one nation with Malta today). 

2. The British never colonized Malta at all, and it would have been administered as part of Sicily, as it was throughout much of history. Under this scenario, Malta would be part of Italy today. 

• Love 1

I think it’s interesting when people say her eyes are too unique and dark to be European. Italians (Britney is Maltese, which is similar) and other Southern European people can have very, VERY dark eyes and other features that are not Northwestern European.

It’s true that some Southern Europeans have some admixtures that include Middle Eastern, North African, etc. (I personally have a very tiny amount of North African.)

She looks white to me. I feel like people assume white people are all going to look Northwestern European.

Edited by NotBuyingIt
10 minutes ago, Dcarp999 said:

The other thing people don't know about Malta is, the British never intended to stop in Malta. But Malta has 500K people versus Sicily's 5 Million.  :britlol_britney_surprised_wow_oh_shocked_choatic:

So history could have either turned out one of two alternate ways: 

1. The British could have succeeded in their colonization of Sicily and, like Malta, it too would have never became part of Italy (and would have been one nation with Malta today). 

2. The British never colonized Malta at all, and it would have been administered as part of Sicily, as it was throughout much of history. Under this scenario, Malta would be part of Italy today. 

Very interesting - thanks for enlightening us

:yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

• Love 2

Maltese people are a great mix and can often look more arabic than european.

Lynne looks more Italian than Maltese IMO. (Wish Britney would go back to the dark hair)

That being said, British people are a mixed lot as well. There are pleeenty of white people with dark eyes and naturally darker complexions. Just because its in the north doesn't mean everybody is blond and blue eyed, far from it actually.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
9 minutes ago, iLOVEtoFLY iLOVEtoFLY said:

Maltese people are a great mix and can often look more arabic than european.

Lynne looks more Italian than Maltese IMO. (Wish Britney would go back to the dark hair)

That being said, British people are a mixed lot as well. There are pleeenty of white people with dark eyes and naturally darker complexions. Just because its in the north doesn't mean everybody is blond and blue eyed, far from it actually.

I am wondering what you mean by "Lynne looks more Italian than Maltese." Maltese isn't truly a separate ethnicity. They're Sicilian. They are independent because the British colonized them and made them independent, just like they did separating Cyprus from Greece. This was for economic and geopolitical reasons. 

Maltese do have their own language which is an Arabic dialect, in addition to also speaking Italian and English, but that same dialect was spoken in Sicily too, before being replaced by Romance languages.

Maltese = Italian. :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, NewDisplayName said:

She looks like white north European to me..

not all the white people have blue/green eyes.. 

dark colored Europeans are more cause it’s a dominant color. The most % of light eyed people live in Northern Europe but it doesn’t mean that most/all of them has one.

It's not her eye color but the shape. Her eyes are downturned and very big and striking. With that said I agree with you 100% that Northern Europe is not homogenous blonde hair and blue eyes but I just can't picture Britney as a fully English woman.

30 minutes ago, Kiss my said:

She looked Spanish in BOMT

:kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

Then she mostly looked like a white California girl after that 

snoop dogg GIF by Katy Perry

When BOMT came out my mother thought Britney was Latina. Then when she saw her parents she thought Lynne was Hispanic and that the name "Spears" was merely because of Jamie. 

• Haha 3
41 minutes ago, NotBuyingIt said:

I think it’s interesting when people say her eyes are too unique and dark to be European. Italians (Britney is Maltese, which is similar) and other Southern European people can have very, VERY dark eyes and other features that are not Northwestern European.

It’s true that some Southern Europeans have some admixtures that include Middle Eastern, North African, etc. (I personally have a very tiny amount of North African.)

She looks white to me. I feel like people assume white people are all going to look Northwestern European.

I think her eyes do not look *Northern* European. Not that they aren't European. 

A lot of people have similar eyes to her but they're usually Italian, Greek, Spanish. Not British, Irish, French.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block