What ethnicity do you think Britney looks?

9 hours ago, Mr. AmericanDream said:

Well thats because White isn't an ethnicity and white people have a range of ethnicities i.e: Irish, German, Polish, Russian, Italian....

White IS a ethnicity. Irish, German, Polish, Russian, Italian are nationalities not ethnicities.

3 hours ago, iLOVEtoFLY iLOVEtoFLY said:

Ethnicity and race are two different things. Are white people not allowed to have that? Enlighten me

Ethnicity and race signifies the same but race is a obsolete and does not exist with today's knowledge. The only race is Human and the correct word is ethnicity.

1 hour ago, Pfefferminz said:

I’m not ignorant! I’m perfectly aware how diverse Italians are in terms of looks. Not everyone is the stereotypical dark and brown-eyed.  Then again, this goes for all ethnicities. I have come across blue-eyed and redhead afghan twins, a blue-eyed and blonde Afro-haired woman with a dad from West Africa and a black-haired and brown eyed Irish man. 

Then why do you promote racist, obsolete stereotypes and ideals?

Just now, Benjamyn said:

Sounds like a similar mix to my heritage except I'm a bit more maltese.

Plus I was born in Aus not US.

I think Britney looks American tbh.

Although.... Maybe it's because she has been by far the most prominent American female in my life... So to me she is like the "girl next door" in US terms lol

1 hour ago, Benjamyn said:

Sounds like a similar mix to my heritage except I'm a bit more maltese.

Plus I was born in Aus not US.

I think Britney looks American tbh.

You might be the right one to ask this to.

I explained the history of Malta to someone before. It essentially boiled down to "British colonized an island in the Sicilian archipelago with the attempt of invading Sicily, failed to colonize Sicily itself, wanted to maintain their strategic port in the Mediterranean so they cultivated a sense of national identity separate from that of Sicily (just like they did in Cyprus relative to Greece) and Malta became independent in 1964."

So my question to you is, since we have so few Maltese people here, and those we do have are integrated into Italian American communities, how do Maltese in Australia view themselves: as Italians, a separate people, or something else entirely? 

Interested to know. I know in the early 1900s, many Maltese supported annexation to Italy, but today, this number is probably much smaller, and probably for more economic and political reasons rather than ethnic ones.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, descg said:

White IS a ethnicity. Irish, German, Polish, Russian, Italian are nationalities not ethnicities.

Ethnicity and race signifies the same but race is an obsolete and does not exist with today's knowledge. The only race is Human and the correct word is ethnicity.

Irish is an ethnicity, just the same as Scottish/welsh/English are ethnicities.

Irish is also a nationality but not everyone can be ethnically Irish.

Same goes for Scottish/welsh/English although that nationality is technically British as Scotland/Wales/England aren’t sovereign, the UK is.

People will call themselves English/Scottish/welsh before British however. I’ll call myself English first before British but I am ethnically English.

Edited by james.a1993

I've always felt like she looked French. I went to school with some girls with French heritage who had similar noses and nose bridges as Britney, so I always consider that kind of a French look. Her skin shows a decent amount of sun damage, which proves to me she is not Mediterranean. She and her mom just like frying their skin lol. I've also always associated slightly downturned eyes with British people, just from watching some English reality TV, so I think it fits. 

13 hours ago, Dcarp999 said:

You might be the right one to ask this to.

I explained the history of Malta to someone before. It essentially boiled down to "British colonized an island in the Sicilian archipelago with the attempt of invading Sicily, failed to colonize Sicily itself, wanted to maintain their strategic port in the Mediterranean so they cultivated a sense of national identity separate from that of Sicily (just like they did in Cyprus relative to Greece) and Malta became independent in 1964."

So my question to you is, since we have so few Maltese people here, and those we do have are integrated into Italian American communities, how do Maltese in Australia view themselves: as Italians, a separate people, or something else entirely? 

Interested to know. I know in the early 1900s, many Maltese supported annexation to Italy, but today, this number is probably much smaller, and probably for more economic and political reasons rather than ethnic ones.

Oooh I'm not really sure I can tbh.

My grandparents are maltese, sicilian, italian, and egyptian... So we kind of think of ourselves as mutts to be honest with you.

My dads family migrated to the UK before Australia

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block