Britney’s most mature track to date..

"And Then We Kiss" is a song by American singer Britney Spears. It was written by Spears, Mark Taylor and Paul Barry, while production was handled by Taylor. The song did not make the final track listing of Spears' fourth studio album, In the Zone (2003), and was later remixed by Junkie XL for inclusion on Spears' first remix album, B in the Mix: The Remixes (2005)

The Junkie XL remix of "And Then We Kiss" is a Eurotrance song with influences of techno and usage of dance-rock guitars, synthesizers and symphonic strings. The lyrics speak about a kiss and the different sensations that a woman experiences, including trembling, crying and moaning. Junkie XL explained that he wanted to make the song a 2006 version of Depeche Mode's "Enjoy the Silence". The Junkie XL remix of "And Then We Kiss" was well received by music critics, with some noticing its potential to be a radio or club hit. The song failed to appear on any major record charts, however, it peaked at number 15 on the US Billboard Hot Dance Airplay.

Who agrees that this is one of Britney’s most underrated, mature, best songs? I think it’s a timeless MASTERPIECE. The lyrics are beautiful (and co written by Britney), the production is powerfully subtle, and Britney’s voice is just perfect (“we’re gettin DEEEPER”).

It’s almost a crime that this song wasn’t released as a single (or was it in some places?), nor was it ever performed live. Why??? It would have been such a perfect way to present Britney as more than just a one dimensional, pop dance diva. Total missed opportunity.

I remember playing the song for my mom (who’s sorta been forced by me to become a Britney fan) and she was completely WOWED. In fact, everyone I’ve played it for is mesmerized. 

Can we please show some love and appreciation for this song??

Do you agree it’s her most mature sounding song to date? If not, what is, in your opinion? Discuss below

Edited by Emil87
  • Love 8
  • Like 1

I love this song but I also sometimes find myself completely forgetting about its existence :orangu_orangutan_ape:

And if y'all are ready for more unpopular opinions, I think Shadow is absolutely one of her most mature, musically and vocally beautiful songs. And that it is, was, and always will be, better than Everytime. 

• Love 6
  • Like 1

I so love this song. I was just listening to it today... yesterday... and the other day. :smokney_britney_smoke_cigarette_chaotic_2004_exhale_blow:

The vibe on this song really sets your mood. Its dark and moody but makes you wanna move at the same time. junkie xl remix was just that good! the vocals are also amazingly done! One of her best songs indeed!

Manjobi could neva! 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MIKE_INT said:

I think "Touch of my hand" would be the one ... the lyrics, production, metaphors used in the lyrics.

Definitely a tie between those two and “Breathe On Me”, the latter also produced by Mark Taylor (her most underrated producer in my eyes).

1 hour ago, Emil87 said:

"And Then We Kiss" is a song by American singer Britney Spears. It was written by Spears, Mark Taylor and Paul Barry, while production was handled by Taylor. The song did not make the final track listing of Spears' fourth studio album, In the Zone (2003), and was later remixed by Junkie XL for inclusion on Spears' first remix album, B in the Mix: The Remixes (2005)

The Junkie XL remix of "And Then We Kiss" is a Eurotrance song with influences of techno and usage of dance-rock guitars, synthesizers and symphonic strings. The lyrics speak about a kiss and the different sensations that a woman experiences, including trembling, crying and moaning. Junkie XL explained that he wanted to make the song a 2006 version of Depeche Mode's "Enjoy the Silence". The Junkie XL remix of "And Then We Kiss" was well received by music critics, with some noticing its potential to be a radio or club hit. The song failed to appear on any major record charts, however, it peaked at number 15 on the US Billboard Hot Dance Airplay.

Who agrees that this is one of Britney’s most underrated, mature, best songs? I think it’s a timeless MASTERPIECE. The lyrics are beautiful (and co written by Britney), the production is powerfully subtle, and Britney’s voice is just perfect (“we’re gettin DEEEPER”).

It’s almost a crime that this song wasn’t released as a single (or was it in some places?), nor was it ever performed live. Why??? It would have been such a perfect way to present Britney as more than just a one dimensional, pop dance diva. Total missed opportunity.

I remember playing the song for my mom (who’s sorta been forced by me to become a Britney fan) and she was completely WOWED. In fact, everyone I’ve played it for is mesmerized. 

Can we please show some love and appreciation for this song??

Do you agree it’s her most mature sounding song to date? If not, what is, in your opinion? Discuss below

It's a great song but most mature? No way. I think Break the Ice or Get Naked are her two most mature songs.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Viking84 said:

It's a great song but most mature? No way. I think Break the Ice or Get Naked are her two most mature songs.

No way, why? The production lyrics and vocals are all very mature sounding! BTI and Get Naked, while both amazing songs, aren’t exactly lyrically mature.

11 minutes ago, Emil87 said:

No way, why? The production lyrics and vocals are all very mature sounding! BTI and Get Naked, while both amazing songs, aren’t exactly lyrically mature.

Are you serious? Blackout is her most adult album, lyrically and sonically. BTI is a perfect example for the lyrics, Get Naked more for the production. I don't really understand what you mean about And Then We Kiss being mature. It's a good song, but pretty generic and the lyrics are just about kissing.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Viking84 said:

Are you serious? Blackout is her most adult album, lyrically and sonically. BTI is a perfect example for the lyrics, Get Naked more for the production. I don't really understand what you mean about And Then We Kiss being mature. It's a good song, but pretty generic and the lyrics are just about kissing.

Just because the song is just about kissing doesn’t make it any less mature. By that logic, why consider BTI and Get Naked mature when they are just about fawcking?

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Emil87 said:

Just because the song is just about kissing doesn’t make it any less mature. By that logic, why consider BTI and Get Naked mature when they are just about fawcking?

Well, it's more the fact that the lyrics to And Then We Kiss are pretty simple. They could be written in like 5 or 10 minutes. The lyrics of BTI look like something on a critically acclaimed adult album by a non-manufactured artist.

• Like 1

YES. Top 5 for sure. Her vocals are on point and the whole vibe is just on another level. Amazing production. 

The ONLY thing that I kinda dislike is “lying alone, touching my skin”… cause Girls and Boys already did that. But yeah, one of her best for sure.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block