🚨THIS IS NOT A DRILL: will.i.am posts snippet of "Mind Your Business" featuring Britney Spears, out FRIDAY

1 minute ago, Leodance said:

I read it sounds like work b1tch :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

I mean, when you look at every song Britney has ever released, Work B1tch and Scream & Shout are the closest to each other than they are with any other songs of hers. They're already like sister-songs.  So I could see some people thinking it sounds like each of them

3 minutes ago, IRunAway said:

They were just making a conjecture on a web forum.  Don't need to go this hard at someone and call it "lame" and "sad" it's literally the foundation of Exhale.

Personally I like to hope that it was recently recorded, but none of us actually know for certain yet, and as someone above mentioned, it could be that Myah recorded the demo then and Britney recorded the final now.  Until we know for certain, which may never happen, people are free to come to their own conclusions.

Regardless, we all will be listening to it.

The problem with it being "just" conjecture is that...well...its not. There have been users here pushing conspiracy theories that only seek to sabotage anything Britney is doing whether its new music, or her book. HMC was documented as being recorded weeks before release, and all the details backed that up, but there was a wave of people pushing to boycott it because "they believed" it was an old recording. Additionally, that spread to a huge chunk of those same people claiming there was never a book, and now we have this.

It's one thing to not be a fan of Will.i.ams work, it's another to claim Britney wasnt involved.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, IRunAway said:

Also, "business" is a rather specific and rare word to come to mind when thinking of a song, especially when you consider that she was talking about a song she did with Will.

I kind of believe Mind Your Business is a 2013 leftover from Britney Jean. will.i.am teased in that interview from last year that they were "working in something from the past". Which is not necessarily a bad thing, since it has Britney current vocals (the sneak peek has her current voice). I imagine they found the demo and reworked the entire song.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, IRunAway said:

I mean, when you look at every song Britney has ever released, Work B1tch and Scream & Shout are the closest to each other than they are with any other songs of hers. They're already like sister-songs.  So I could see some people thinking it sounds like each of them

They are same but at the same time no. Work b is more powerful, better music overall, would prefer if it sounds more like wb than sas :martini_telling_talking_preaching_couch:

Edited by Leodance
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

The problem with it being "just" conjecture is that...well...its not. There have been users here pushing conspiracy theories that only seek to sabotage anything Britney is doing whether its new music, or her book. HMC was documented as being recorded weeks before release, and all the details backed that up, but there was a wave of people pushing to boycott it because "they believed" it was an old recording. Additionally, that spread to a huge chunk of those same people claiming there was never a book, and now we have this.

It's one thing to not be a fan of Will.i.ams work, it's another to claim Britney wasnt involved.

I can understand that, but I can't in good conscience tell someone who thinks that that they are "sad" for thinking that after the disastrous truth that is half of Britney Jean.  I can't sit there and blame someone for thinking that's a possibility now, until the song is out.  If we are really talking about a song that was worked on in the same sessions as Passenger, Till It's Gone, and Body Ache... then I am not going to tell someone they're wack for making that statement.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Leodance said:

They are same but at the same time no. Work b is more powerful, better music overall, would prefer if it sounds more like wb than sas :martini_telling_talking_preaching_couch:

I'm not saying they're the same, but I'm saying if you had to pick one of her songs that sounds the most like Scream and Shout, it would be Work *****.  I don't really know which style I would prefer right now.  I liked having less digitized vocals on S&S but I like the energy and melody of WB more.

Wwwwwwhaaaaaaaat this is sooo epic… i have one of the worst days on work today then im open twitter and see that and all the negative dissapeared !! Love you Britney at this moment i really dont care if the song have a video or not or if they make a performances a song for me it is enough  to have a new song

• Love 9
Just now, Aleco said:

Wwwwwwhaaaaaaaat this is sooo epic… i have one of the worst days on work today then im open twitter and see that and all the negative dissapeared !! Love you Britney at this moment i really dont care if the song have a video or not or if they make a performances a song for me it is enough  to have a new song

Sorry you had a bad day :( Glad this is making it better!

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Mutya said:

I kind of believe Mind Your Business is a 2013 leftover from Britney Jean. will.i.am teased in that interview from last year that they were "working in something from the past". Which is not necessarily a bad thing, since it has Britney current vocals (the sneak peek has her current voice). I imagine they found the demo and reworked the entire song.

Artists do stuff like this all the time and it’s possible she loves the track but wasn’t allowed to release it back in 2013….since the message may have been too personal/hit too close to home with the conservatorship. The whole album was overhauled by her team/label 

• Like 6

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block