❣️Britney remember who you are! If we truly want GP to respect Britney, it's time we encourage Britney to reinvent her social media persona...

• Super Mods

Agree.

Social Media is a big part of being famous whether we like to admit or not.

How you portray yourself on there as a celebrity REALLY affects how you're viewed in the public eye.

I think she should also make a serious video talking about all that happened to her and address the slandering accusations and the assault and post it on her IG.

Maybe then the GP will finally start taking her seriously.

• Love 1
  • Like 6

It’s a tough mental game to play when it comes to having an opinion on this. On the surface, I agree she sometimes makes the GPs perception of her worse. But that’s not her problem it’s theirs. So I agree this would be good, but on the flip side, how can we even have the nads to tell her yo change or be a certain way when she was controlled for so long. Britney is a normal quirky person. The difference fence is that, unlike most people, she doesn’t care about posting embarrassing, goofy things, or being dolled up with every instagram post being an entire planned photo shoot. And also people are just vicious and unhappy in their own lives so they come to the internet to project and hate and are inadequately dealing with their own insecurities, etc. but again, I’m certain some of this would die down if she put a little more effort and thought into her posts. To be redundant, it’s societies issue, though. Not hers. As long as it isn’t affecting her own mental health I say never change. But as we know, she fakes the happiness. So I’m leaning toward all this circus surrounding her is likely detrimental to her. Honestly wish she’d just delete it period and live her life. She deserves NOTHING but happiness, peace, and serenity. She has given the world so much. 

Britney's legacy won't be destroyed.

But, I agree about her social media. I think she's using Instagram to express herself but it's not the best way to do it. As I said in another thread, Britney isn't 'THAT GIRL' persona who generation z looks for on Instagram / TikTok. She's more the 'aunt' who wants to be cool and tries too hard but she's just not. And well, she's natural and doesn't try to fake like everyone else on social media these days. 

She could get advice / tips from Cade but she doesn't give a **** and well... I love her for that. BUT she let us know that she cares about comments and opinions in posts, so a change is needed.

Edited by THE BAJAN VIBE

Omg, **** the gp!!! Can I ask you an honest question and I assure you there’s no snark or attitude behind it, I’m just genuinely curious regarding those of you who care so much about what the public thinks, do you let the publics perception of Britney affect yours AND/OR even take what’s said about her personally???

Cuz I sure as hell don’t, does seeing all that hate suck, yes most def. but there ain’t nothing I can do about it so I’m not gonna let it destroy my world and it sure as **** ain’t gonna let it have an affect on my love/opinion of Britney.

Now this is just a theory of mine but I feel like a lot of fans like to live vicariously through Britney, so when you (not you specifically) see the hate, it’s like y’all internalize it and that’s what makes y’all care so much and if that’s the case, it’s really not healthy!!

Edited by MonaLisa613
  • Love 6
  • Like 3

A lot of people post stupid stuff. Including celebrities. The difference is that their families didn't ruin their image by convincing everyone that they are crazy so they could traffick them. 

Britney herself hates when people pity her. However, her posts make people do exactly that. She can continue posting what she wants but the public will just feel sorry for her, which is the opposite of what she wants. No matter how much the fans will defend her and justify her insta, it will be the case. 

The reality is that outside of the fanbase people see her as crazy and unwell and a lot of it because of her Instagram. 

If she doesn't care then she can't expect people to take her seriously. That's her choice. 

• Like 3

lol What is the main concern here? Her legacy? Her lifestyle? Her reputation? I'm just curious. Because all of this is her personal business, and I'm sure with her close circle and legal team she's already on it and aware, she doesn't need you to keep reminding her and warn her about it.

She repeatedly says this is the content she wants to share, it makes her feel good. What do you want?

• Like 7

:nonono_britney_nope_head_shake:

Not sure what's sparked the sudden onslaught on victim blaming today, but no. It's not Britney's responsibility to change perspective. It's everyone else's responsibility to show her the respect she deserves as a human being, period. 

Britney is healing from 13+ years of trauma in front of the entire world, and all we can do is say "yes, but not like that Britney!!! Don't do that, do this!!!" It makes us no better that the people that abused and controlled her life for 13 years. 

All she needs is support, grace, and time. You don't have to like her instagram, but what is complaining about it and coming up with all the ways you'd do it better really doing? Not a damn thing. Her posts aren't for us to dissect just because she's famous and posting them. She has stated over and over again how sharing is helping her heal. So help her as well. Like the post and keep it moving. Support her as she navigates her new free life and heals from things we can never imagine experiencing. And show her grace when she needs it. 

Edited by easy
  • Love 6

Many will disagree, which is fine because contrary to the message exhale often sends, people don't need to have the same opinions... I do think the way the public views her could be improved. I also feel strongly that these are things she and her management (if she even has any?) should worry about if they care. We can't determine how the public views her. Most people probably don't know she wrote 'Everytime.' Many people don't understand how talented a dancer she was/is because they were distracted by how **** she was. If we're inspired by Britney's work, that's what matters most. It's best to not worry too much about things we have no control over. 

• Super Mods
2 hours ago, MonaLisa613 said:

Omg, **** the gp!!! Can I ask you an honest question and I assure you there’s no snark or attitude behind it, I’m just genuinely curious regarding those of you who care so much about what the public thinks, do you let the publics perception of Britney affect yours AND/OR even take what’s said about her personally???

Cuz I sure as hell don’t, does seeing all that hate suck, yes most def. but there ain’t nothing I can do about it so I’m not gonna let it destroy my world and it sure as **** ain’t gonna let it have an affect on my love/opinion of Britney.

Now this is just a theory of mine but I feel like a lot of fans like to live vicariously through Britney, so when you (not you specifically) see the hate, it’s like y’all internalize it and that’s what makes y’all care so much and if that’s the case, it’s really not healthy!!

No I don't but at the same time,

I'm not gonna deny that her behavior seems questionable at times on IG.

I understand that Britney will NEVER be what she used to be cause of the trauma of what happened, so I don't expect Primeney but its just crazy how much her IG has changed since being free.

HOWEVER

No matter how unusual she acts online or whenever,

I still love her and I think that love will never go away especially since I've been a fan since I was a kid.

But the one thing that annoys me about some fans is that they think that being a fan means you agree with everything Britney does and that's unrealistic cause there is no way you can like every single thing a person does.

That is enabling behavior which is unhealthy.

Britney is not a goddess, she's human who makes mistakes just like us.

I do agree with a comment that I saw about Britney on a thread today that they said that "If she wants to keep up her lifestyle, she needs to change her image on IG"

Sure she doesn't have to work but if she wants to still get money from her music and brand, she needs to change up her image and make it more refined.

• Like 4

I Britney wants to heal relations with her kids and stop the m*** rumours then I agree a social media revamp is essential.

she probably doesn’t realise that her style of videos is giving 2007 vibes. I bet Kevin and Victoria love the way she portrays herself because it gives them ammunition.

it’s the same with Madonna, her social media style is hurting her brand.

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block