Do you think it was a bad move to do a book instead of a tell all documentary/interview?

I can't speak for Britney because (luckily) I haven't gone through what she went through BUT I would have done an interview because I believe an interview is more 'accessible' to everyone especially with YouTube and stuff like that... Like, I personally know people that bought their favorite artists' book just because they stan those artists and wanted to support them but they never actually read it cause they're not into reading :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

Edited by I Can Bang
  • Like 4
  • Super Mods
Just now, I Can Bang said:

I can't speak for Britney because (luckily) I haven't gone through what she went through BUT I would have done an interview because I believe an interview is more 'accessible' to everyone especially with YouTube and stuff like that... Like, I personally know people that bought their favorite artists' book just because they stan that artist and wanted to support them but they never actually read it cause they're not into reading :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

I think an interview would have been amazing and so powerful. 

• Love 3

An interview can be spun in any narrative they want. A doc completely edited by Britney would be great, but it doesn't feel like Britney is keen on any documentary right now. She always wanted to write a book. This will be her words how she wants the story told, so I understand why she went there first. 

• Love 1
  • Like 6
  • Super Mods
Just now, easy said:

An interview can be spun in any narrative they want. A doc completely edited by Britney would be great, but it doesn't feel like Britney is keen on any documentary right now. She always wanted to write a book. This will be her words how she wants the story told, so I understand why she went there first. 

She did say at the end of For The Record that she would have a good book one day :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 1
  • Like 6

I think a book is a much better vessel to express yourself without any sort of pressure or outside noise. You can go back and forth with your thoughts, and analyze what you want to say and how you want to say it. When you're in an interview you're under the magnifying glass, even if they cut parts that you want to omit, they'll always have those tapes. Also, there'll always be rumors of the 'behind-the-scene' situations, and people analyzing every single move or word you say. So no, I'll always prefer a book 

Those few times Britney decided to address topics publicly did not go the way we expected I think. A documentary is way too much effort, and stress so I don't see it as a possibility. Perhaps one day, years from now, she decides to share an exclusive peek into her life as a free woman, but for the time being she deserves her privacy (hear that K-flop, Creepne, Colon Spears, Juno Lame & co? :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:)

• Love 5
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods

Maybe so especially cause nowadays people don't really read anymore.

They're more into social media and the internet.

A documentary on a streaming service like Netflix or Hulu would've been great or even an interview on a youtube channel.

I feel like Britney missed a BIG opportunity to stand up for herself through an interview or documentary.

Idk why she just sits there and lets horrible people like K-Fat and TMZ destroy and slander her reputation.

• Like 3

She’s got the rest of her life to put out a documentary. I’d rather her live the next 60 years discovering who she is outside of all of this on her own terms, and put out a documentary when she’s ready. 

@Henry. On the other hand needs to put out a documentary. 

• Like 1

Well, a bad move for who?

I feel like the purpose of the book is to reveal many things she has gone through which resulted in all the drama and personal issues she is going through now. I have heard that it is easier for many people to express their emotions in written words rather than spoken words. 

Speaking implies being present in time, having other people looking at you and analizing not only what you say but how you say it, what gestures you make, etc. For someone who has gone through what Britney has gone through, that would feel anxious. 

But, in terms of sales, reaching a higher range of audience and make people aware of her situation ofc a visual material is more impactful, either a documentary or an interview. 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, rebellion_is_the_way said:

She even corrected when she was reading her written testimony where she said public interview would be fine. At her most vulnerable moment she said no to an interview. But instead she said a live broadcast from court would be fine. I don’t know why she doesn’t do that anymore. It would be more true if her court hearings would be live broadcasted.

The live broadcast from the court only happened because of the pandemic, these proceedings were being broadcast because court cases are supposed to be open to the public for transparency (unless it is a closed courtroom for private reasons, which Jamie's lawyers tried to do with Britney's case but she insisted it remain open and if they had closed it after we heard her say that it would have looked very suspicious). It's kinda wild that if Covid had never happened, we never would have heard Britney speaking in her own words in court. Only the people present in the courtroom would have heard it and then been able to report back on what she said. Interestingly, they changed the rules after her first testimony so that we couldn't listen in any longer.

• Love 3

There is nothing more powerful and raw than telling your story with your own voice, at this point what I think Britney needs is a documentary on netflix, because there are thousands of ways to interpret and discuss a book and only one way to see and listen to the true story.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

I feel like Britney missed a BIG opportunity to stand up for herself through an interview or documentary.

Yes and no. 

Ofc an interview at the peak of the freebritney movement would have made so much noise BUT.... lets not forget the entertainment industry circle is smaller than we think.

Making projects for the same industry that put her in such situation (in first place) and involving with the same people she used to be  around, but never said a word in her defense or maybe even contributed in some way to the cship, must be demoralizing (as she herself said) to her to go back with them as if nothing ever happened. 

• Like 4

IMHO book is a better option because Britney can go back and forth between chapters of the book, adding missed points, read through it so there may or may not be ambiguous parts etc. She can also "dedicate" each and every chapter to a different individual and express whatever she wants to express in a given chapter. As for an interview, while it would be a good option because it is easily accessible, there'd be either Oprah or Drew or someone else to navigate the interview and asking question that could possibly distract Britney from saying her story the way she wants to say her story. Also, it would be time limited. If a motion picture version of a tell all book, it should be only Britney talking her sheet, doing whatever she would want to do and make a docu series. Like in ep 1 she'd talk about her father, ep 2 about KFed, ep 3 her sis, mom and bro etc... basically instead of one boring interview, there would be this docu series in which Britney would tell it all on her own terms. IMHO, neither is the best or the worst option because whether it's a motion picture or a book, each of them has its pros and cons :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

• Like 2
  • Super Mods
12 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

Yes and no. 

Ofc an interview at the peak of the freebritney movement would have made so much noise BUT.... lets not forget the entertainment industry circle is smaller than we think.

Making projects for the same industry that put her in such situation (in first place) and involving with the same people she used to be  around, but never said a word in her defense or maybe even contributed in some way to the cship, must be demoralizing (as she herself said) to her to go back with them as if nothing ever happened. 

Oh wow I never thought of that but it is true.

But maybe if she posted a video on her Instagram addressing the accusations,

people would leave her alone.

But then again,

Britney is unfortunately in the position of "You're damned if you do and damned if you don't".

So no matter what she says or do,

people will always be on her case.

Edited by princessmimi
  • Like 3

Considering all the dark **** she’s been through, I feel like writing it is easier, she can process things better, she’s not on the spot and a book can’t be as easily manipulated by others like an interview or doc could be. If there’s people to lazy to read a ******* book, then that’s entirely a them problem, not Britney’s.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block