why does no one here think that OD existed

I have the impression that everyone here is closing their eyes to the fact that a real album was planned for the summer of 2005, you think it's turned into a soundtrack but it's not possible because the recordings of BO started in 2006, I'm sure OD was a project that was supposed to come out, Britney said it herself, even Michelle Bell confirmed that OD existed, you just close your eyes so you don't regret this album, I'm sure that it was masterpiece whether you want or not :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

Edited by BSfan4Ever
  • Love 2

Apparently a few songs ended up in BO and Circus after being reworked, also I don't believe OD ever got to a phase where it had a demo tracklist or anything. She recorded a few demos, worked on some stuff that may or may not have leaked already and that's it. It's not like the album was ready to pack and go and RCA pulled the plug

• Love 2
  • Like 5

I think it was just a bunch of demos and songs that ended up on that bonus cd with the ITZ dvd. It wasn’t an “album” yet I believe. Britney probably wanted to make it though, and pressured the record label by going on air with Mona Lisa. But they probably said no before that, which was the reason she would do such a thing in order to convince them. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Matheus Carmignani Salvador said:

Apparently a few songs ended up in BO and Circus after being reworked, also I don't believe OD ever got to a phase where it had a demo tracklist or anything. She recorded a few demos, worked on some stuff that may or may not have leaked already and that's it. It's not like the album was ready to pack and go and RCA pulled the plug

This. It was a project, even the released Mona Lisa track on the radio was a very ruff demo.

• Love 4
  • Like 2

Well, why do you think it's real? A lot of people don't seem to fully grasp how particular Britney's sense of humor is

Last year she claimed that she had changed her stage name to Channel 8 only to then change it to River Red a few months later, 20 years from now no one will see that as a serious career move but rather an inside joke that only Britney really got back when she first posted about it on Instagram. That's what Original Doll as well as other more on the nose joke titles like “What If the Joke Was on You" and "OMG Is Like Lindsay Lohan Like" were

I just don't how see how anyone actually thinks she was able to record an entire album in less than a year while she was constantly on the move. She only went to the studio a handful of times from 2004 to 2005 which were all pretty much documented: first she recorded early versions of Mona Lisa and possibly The Fugitive in between soundchecks during the first leg of the tour, then My Prerogative was done when the tour stopped in Berlin on May 16th, the final mix of Mona Lisa was likely done somewhere around March 2005, Someday was definitely done on May 6th as she was seen coming out of a meeting just a week later holding a demo disc and an email exchange between a Zomba employee and Guy Sigsworth where he attached a .WAV of the song, finally she recorded at least two duets with Kevin Federline produced by Disco D between July and August. At least one of the tracks "Untold Stories" featured a Journey sample and since she was pictured with a copy of Journey's Greatest Hits album during one of those sessions, it can only be assumed she either suggested the idea for the sample or actually provided it to Disco D. By that point, producers were already submitting demos such as Tall Boy and Out from Under for what evenually became Blackout

Also about Michelle, she only ever acknowledged OD after fans kept on pressing her about it on Tumblr. She said that the unreleased tracks they worked on were done in the same timeframe as I've Just Begun meaning 2003 so most likely she just assumed OD was In the Zone's working title

Edited by PlayboyMommy
  • Love 2
  • Like 3
6 minutes ago, PlayboyMommy said:

Well, why do you think it's real? A lot of people don't seem to fully grasp how particular Britney's sense of humor is

Last year she claimed that she had changed her stage name to Channel 8 only to then change it to River Red a few months later, 20 years from now no one will see that as a serious career move but rather an inside joke that only Britney really got back when she first posted about it on Instagram. That's what Original Doll as well as other more on the nose joke titles like “What If the Joke Was on You" and "OMG Is Like Lindsay Lohan Like" were

I just don't how see how anyone actually thinks she was able to record an entire album in less than a year while she was constantly on the move. She only went to the studio a handful of times from 2004 to 2005 which were all pretty much documented: first she recorded early versions of Mona Lisa and possibly The Fugitive in between soundchecks during the first leg of the tour, then My Prerogative was done when the tour stopped in Berlin on May 16th, the final mix of Mona Lisa was likely done somewhere around March 2005, Someday was definitely done on May 6th as she was seen coming out of a meeting just a week later holding a demo disc and an email exchange between a Zomba employee and Guy Sigsworth where he attached a .WAV of the song, finally she recorded at least two duets with Kevin Federline produced by Disco D between July and August. At least one of the tracks featured a Journey samples and since she was pictured with a copy of Journey's Greatest Hits album during one of those sessions it can only be assumed she either suggested the idea for the sample or actually provided it to Disco D. By that point, producers were already submitting demos such as Tall Boy and Out from Under for what evenually became Blackout

Also about Michelle, she only ever acknowledged OD after fans kept on pressing her about it on Tumblr. She said that the unreleased tracks they worked on were done in the same timeframe as I've Just Begun meaning 2003 so most likely she just assumed OD was In the Zone's working title

I don't see why inventing an album, creating music, working with producers just for a joke :snarky_katy_merry_go_round_smile_proud_spinning:

and then she said the album was half finished not finished completely :ipass_britney_xfactor_no_words:

and maybe the few times she went to the studio, she recorded demos for the album and during her tours, the producers took care of the mastering :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

Edited by BSfan4Ever
1 hour ago, everybodygoesdown said:

I think it was just a bunch of demos and songs that ended up on that bonus cd with the ITZ dvd. It wasn’t an “album” yet I believe. Britney probably wanted to make it though, and pressured the record label by going on air with Mona Lisa. But they probably said no before that, which was the reason she would do such a thing in order to convince them. 

I don't see why they stopped her from releasing the album :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

Edited by BSfan4Ever

Bc there's never been proof that there's a shelved album. Britney started working on B5 in 2004 and went on radio saying the title was Original Doll, which was the working title at the time. She started getting Danja tracks in 2006 and the album direction shifted to what became Blackout.

I'm sure there's enough material pre-Danja to make an album but there's no proof that there was an album called Original Doll that was done and ready to go but her label didn't allow her to release. The sound morphed into something else which happens all the time when an artist experiments for an album.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, PickleSpears said:

Bc there's never been proof that there's a shelved album. Britney started working on B5 in 2004 and went on radio saying the title was Original Doll, which was the working title at the time. She started getting Danja tracks in 2006 and the album direction shifted to what became Blackout.

I'm sure there's enough material pre-Danja to make an album but there's no proof that there was an album called Original Doll that was done and ready to go but her label didn't allow her to release. The sound morphed into something else which happens all the time when an artist experiments for an album.

she should have said at least on her site that finally the album would not be called OD and that Mona Lisa would not appear there, what is strange is that she never talks about it again :beyfedup_beyonce_sunglasses_fed_up_annoyed_ok_wow_smh:

There WAS a shelved fifth album, but I think it developed past the Original Doll concept Britney had initially.

Per the producer of "Red Hot Lipstick" Doug Elkins, recorded in 2006, Britney turned in an album to Jive, and every song was shelved:

One of the most exciting moments of my professional career was the day Britney handed in this song as part of her finished record to her label Jive Records. As I waited over the course of several months to find out the fate of the song, I watched along with the world in horror as her marriage imploded and she went bat **** CRAZY. Blackout, the album that came out after her hair had finally grown back (at least enough to put in extensions anyway) included none of the songs she had turned in to the label originally. I have to admit Blackout was pretty good…of course, minus one glaring omission.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Circuit said:

There WAS a shelved fifth album, but I think it developed past the Original Doll concept Britney had initially.

Per the producer of "Red Hot Lipstick" Doug Elkins, recorded in 2006, Britney turned in an album to Jive, and every song was shelved:

there were therefore 2 unreleased albums:
- The Original Doll
-"Red Hot Lipstick" album

i want both albums to leak :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

edit : I thought Red Hot Lipstick was for Original Doll, maybe the "Red Hot Lipstick" album is actually The Original Doll :beyfedup_beyonce_sunglasses_fed_up_annoyed_ok_wow_smh:

Edited by BSfan4Ever
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Matheus Carmignani Salvador said:

This. No concrete album exists. It just evolved into Blackout. 

4 hours ago, everybodygoesdown said:

I’ve Just Begun and Girls and Boys were leftovers from the In the Zone sessions.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block