Why did Australia get so upset with Britney for lip syncing during her Circus Tour?

1 minute ago, breathe_on_me_toxic said:

yeah. and i mean arent they all expensive down under? big task for internationals to get all the touring stuff there

It’s true. Getting massive sets and props here is a logistical nightmare. Moving them around is too if you’re going off the east coast. A lot of acts don’t, they just stick to Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. 
I’m pretty sure when Gaga brought Artrave here, the people in charge of her tour wanted her to slim down her stage but she insisted on bringing the whole thing. She was $220AUD, up from the $160AUD for Born This Way and $80AUD for her first tour. 
For comparison, Pink was $70AUD and $110AUD in ‘04 and ‘07 respectively. TCSBS was $220AUD for grade A tickets but there were more expensive ones available too. Circus had much more production value that Pinks tours at the time but in 2013, Pink was charging $185AUD. These prices are all 10+ years ago but Circus was pricey at the time. It’s sort of average now. I haven’t been to a concert since pre pandemic, but I think Pinks latest tour tickets averaged $280AUD and, going by conversion rates, if Madonna brings her tour here it will cost around $550AUD a ticket :gaga_shocked_stare_lady_dead_white_what_surprised:

• Love 1

There should be laws were lip syncing should be illegal and also advised  in the ticket the amount of pre recorded vocals being used. 

Live concerts should be differentiated from live performances or any other term. The later just a theatrical representation with music. 

12 hours ago, JamieColonSpears said:

People paid a lot of money to listen to a CD they already owned :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Britney should've done more live vocals. Her mic was barely on :straddle_britney_pink_yoga_meditation_bounce_legs_spread_gym:

or at least more crowd interaction. something that wasnt so robotic. also she was probably "forced" to do this tour wasnt she? so she probably just did the bare minimum to get by... ALL THAT ASIDE, Britney is infamous for lip syncing..

I was at her very last show for the tour in Adelaide and let me tell you, not one single fan walked out, it was an amazing night.

I remember the media here trashing her at the time.. Our media is putrid here though.. Australians though are used to seeing artists sing live, we have a whole lot of music festivals etc and the music crowd is definitely not so pop friendly here, but again, you go to a Britney Spears concert and then complain about lip syncing as if she just didn’t dance her *** off for 2 hours putting on a performance our backwards eyes haven’t seen before, make it make sense? I’ll forever cherish that night though as it was the very first concert I’d ever been to (I lived in a place where acts didn’t visit, like ever) and honestly it was one of the best nights I’ve had. She killed it as usual and it was amazing.. I hate how they treated her here, not all of us fans walked out or were angry, some of us (me) stayed until the very end and went home and cried because I’d witnessed the most amazing thing in my life and was still in shock at how amazing the concert was, and Britney slayed every dance routine, every costume change, every ad lip she lipped, EVERYTHING ABOUT IT WAS AMAZING AND THE MEDIA WONT DIMINISH MY THOUGHTS OR VIEWS ON THE CIRCUS TOUR 😍

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block