Why did Australia get so upset with Britney for lip syncing during her Circus Tour?

• Super Mods

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Britney Spears spent yesterday holed up in an Australian hotel as row about lip-synching reached fever pitch.

I remember this like it was yesterday! Her Circus Tour was going so smoothly and then she got to Australia to only be treated in such a way :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: 

The News spread quick and it made headlines. It was said that Britney was allegedly upset by the whole ordeal.

cropped-Rolling-Stone-Favicon.png
WWW.ROLLINGSTONE.COM

After a bout of negative reviews, Britney Spears has spoken out over the lip-synch controversy that ignited in Australia...

Do you remember this fiasco? Why did fans attending that show think that she’d be singing live? :madonna_weird_alien_cuckoo_nuts:

Let me know your thoughts in the comments! 

By the way, I don’t think that little stunt impressed Britney because I don’t believe she’s performed there ever since :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
2 minutes ago, Matheus Carmignani Salvador said:

I believe fans were chill and the media just wanted something to talk about. How Illogical you have to be to go a Britney concert expecting live singing, especially if you're a Britney fan :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

Check the video I just added! :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod:

• Like 1

I mean… Let’s be real… Britney is one of the only artist ever in history to lip-synch to the extent that she does. There’s nothing wrong with that. She’s an entertainer and dances her *** off, but it’s just a fact.  yes, I’m sure you can name plenty of other people who have lip sunk in history or sing with the backing track, but any true fan knows that almost nothing that comes out of the speakers at any of her shows is her live voice. If there were a way to compile a list of the percentages of live vocals, the artist sang over the duration of their career, Britney would top every list.

so, people who aren’t super fans don’t like that they pay for someone who isn’t singing - (Most of us care more about the whole show and her dancing.) even if it’s understandable why she doesn’t.

aside from all that, Britney knows she’s not the best singer even if she wasn’t dancing, (though most of us absolutely die when she sings live.). She’s been seen in behind the scenes, videos telling production to turn the backing track up despite it already seemingly being damn near 100%. 

TLDR: Britney is probably one of, if not THE number 1 lip-synch:live vocals ratio in all of history. If you made a list of all the artists in history, the of them who uses backing tracks or 100% pre-recorded like Britney is a lot smaller than people make it out to be. It is RARE anyone lip syncs to the extent of and how often she does. So people get upset about that they are used to getting live vocals at a live show. At least more than Britney gives. 

I want to be clear, I don’t think any of that is negative or a reason for her to be shamed. Britney is known for much more than her live vocals. this is a well-known fact, and I don’t have any problem with that. I love her.

EDIT: not my TLDR being as long as the original post :orangu_orangutan_ape: 
 :clown_meme__makeup_green:

Edited by halfdressed
Damn edibles
  • Love 1
  • Like 5
  • Super Mods
7 minutes ago, halfdressed said:

I mean… Let’s be real… Britney is one of the only artist ever in history to lip-synch to the extent that she does. There’s nothing wrong with that. She’s an entertainer and dances her *** off, but it’s just a fact.  yes, I’m sure you can name plenty of other people who have lip sunk in history or sing with the backing track, but any true fan knows that almost nothing that comes out of the speakers at any of her shows is her live voice. If there were a way to compile a list of the percentages of live vocals, the artist sang over the duration of their career, Britney would top every list.

so, people who aren’t super fans don’t like that they pay for someone who isn’t singing - (Most of us care more about the whole show and her dancing.) even if it’s understandable why she doesn’t.

aside from all that, Britney knows she’s not the best singer even if she wasn’t dancing, (though most of us absolutely die when she sings live.). She’s been seen in behind the scenes, videos telling production to turn the backing track up despite it already seemingly being damn near 100%. 

TLDR: Britney is probably one of, if not THE number 1 lip-synch:live vocals ratio in all of history. If you made a list of all the artists in history, the of them who uses backing tracks or 100% pre-recorded like Britney is a lot smaller than people make it out to be. It is RARE anyone lip syncs to the extent of and how often she does. So people get upset about that they are used to getting live vocals at a live show. At least more than Britney gives. 

I want to be clear, I don’t think any of that is negative or a reason for her to be shamed. Britney is known for much more than her live vocals. this is a well-known fact, and I don’t have any problem with that. I love her.

Not you saving yourself at the end there Wendy Williams Meme GIF

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, halfdressed said:

Question about this: "She’s been seen in behind the scenes, videos telling production to turn the backing track up despite it already seemingly being damn near 100%."

I have never heard this about her at all. Where is the evidence that she's the one that she doesn't want any live vocal mix? My understanding is that on tours she has the mic on and might think she's being heard, but the sound engineers have more control over what the audience is really hearing. I have never heard for a fact that in any instance Britney has asked them to turn the backing vocals up more. Not saying you are wrong, but where's the evidence?

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
2 minutes ago, BritneyWiki said:

Question about this: "She’s been seen in behind the scenes, videos telling production to turn the backing track up despite it already seemingly being damn near 100%."

I have never heard this about her at all. Where is the evidence that she's the one that she doesn't want any live vocal mix? My understanding is that on tours she has the mic on and might think she's being heard, but the sound engineers have more control over what the audience is really hearing. I have never heard for a fact that in any instance Britney has asked them to turn the backing vocals up more. Not saying you are wrong, but where's the evidence?

Britney even said so herself that she always sings live! :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block