Why did Australia get so upset with Britney for lip syncing during her Circus Tour?

4 minutes ago, GlitterRain said:

Britney even said so herself that she always sings live! :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

Exactly! I know it's funny but I believe if the backing track cut off, they would immediately let her mic be heard so she doesn't have an Ashlee Simpson moment. Remember that video of the DWAD tour where you could hear her live vocals? That's proof that the mic was actually on, even if she didn't sound great and the audience didn't hear it.

And filming a music video is entirely different. Everybody lip syncs while they are doing a music video. If she was on set dancing while filming she probably wanted the music louder. This person is making it sound like there's a recording of her during tour rehearsals asking for more lip lynching... I don't believe it.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
1 minute ago, BritneyWiki said:

Exactly! I know it's funny but I believe if the backing track cut off, they would immediately let her mic be heard so she doesn't have an Ashlee Simpson moment. Remember that video of the DWAD tour where you could hear her live vocals? That's proof that the mic was actually on, even if she didn't sound great and the audience didn't hear it.

And filming a music video is entirely different. Everybody lip syncs while they are doing a music video. If she was on set dancing while filming she probably wanted the music louder. This person is making it sound like there's a recording of her during tour rehearsals asking for more lip lynching... I don't believe it.

In Stages you can definitely tell that her mic was on!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GlitterRain said:

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Britney Spears spent yesterday holed up in an Australian hotel as row about lip-synching reached fever pitch.

I remember this like it was yesterday! Her Circus Tour was going so smoothly and then she got to Australia to only be treated in such a way :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: 

The News spread quick and it made headlines. It was said that Britney was allegedly upset by the whole ordeal.

cropped-Rolling-Stone-Favicon.png
WWW.ROLLINGSTONE.COM

After a bout of negative reviews, Britney Spears has spoken out over the lip-synch controversy that ignited in Australia...

Do you remember this fiasco? Why did fans attending that show think that she’d be singing live? :madonna_weird_alien_cuckoo_nuts:

Let me know your thoughts in the comments! 

By the way, I don’t think that little stunt impressed Britney because I don’t believe she’s performed there ever since :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

well i mean she used to sing live, but the smoking and stuff took a toll on her vocal cords, I imagine, so you can kinda tell that after Onyx, she lip-syncs. Still, why the heck do you care, she still put on a good show

Understandable.

Lipsynching to vocals from twenty years ago was really embarrassing. They could have updated her vocals by either let her rerecord them or mix them with some recording session stems. I mean they actually did that with Circus Could have done that with the rest of the songs, too

• Love 2
  • Like 2
  • Content Curators

Wasn’t it the first tour that went to Australia and that’s why all Karen’s and Debbie’s complained. Anyway they should’ve been known like the rest of the world and enjoy the whole spectacle and be in the presence of a legend 

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Stefani said:

They're used to performers singing live, which is why Australia stans P!nk with undying loyalty even though her music hasn't been good in over 10 years. :parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

I agree about Pink. I miss her music being good. I used to love her music. She can put on a great show, but she needs a better soundtrack 😂

I remember this because it was before my concert date and the news made such a big deal out of it. As an Australian from the east coast, Perth is another world and we don’t claim them :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

I went to concert in Sydney and a lot of people were talking about this and how anyone could be surprised that she lipped. Like, duh. And everyone had a blast and said she was amazing. She was expensive but the spectacle of the show definitely lived up and she danced really well. No regrets. 

4 hours ago, Rik vs Exhale said:

Hope Britney punishes her Australian fans by never touring there again omg 

YOU TAKE THAT BACK :didilie_nicki_lmao_laugh_haha_lol_hehe_cackle_minaj_hat:

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, GlitterRain said:

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Britney Spears spent yesterday holed up in an Australian hotel as row about lip-synching reached fever pitch.

I remember this like it was yesterday! Her Circus Tour was going so smoothly and then she got to Australia to only be treated in such a way :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: 

The News spread quick and it made headlines. It was said that Britney was allegedly upset by the whole ordeal.

cropped-Rolling-Stone-Favicon.png
WWW.ROLLINGSTONE.COM

After a bout of negative reviews, Britney Spears has spoken out over the lip-synch controversy that ignited in Australia...

Do you remember this fiasco? Why did fans attending that show think that she’d be singing live? :madonna_weird_alien_cuckoo_nuts:

Let me know your thoughts in the comments! 

By the way, I don’t think that little stunt impressed Britney because I don’t believe she’s performed there ever since :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

yeah also remember that. i was like ``lol which surprise´´.

well its just press beeing press

37 minutes ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

I remember this because it was before my concert date and the news made such a big deal out of it. As an Australian from the east coast, Perth is another world and we don’t claim them :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

I went to concert in Sydney and a lot of people were talking about this and how anyone could be surprised that she lipped. Like, duh. And everyone had a blast and said she was amazing. She was expensive but the spectacle of the show definitely lived up and she danced really well. No regrets. 

YOU TAKE THAT BACK :didilie_nicki_lmao_laugh_haha_lol_hehe_cackle_minaj_hat:

yeah. and i mean arent they all expensive down under? big task for internationals to get all the touring stuff there

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block