What Was Your Reaction When You Discovered Britney Was A Cigarette Smoker?

20 hours ago, Loosenupthosebuttons said:

Britney is older now so her unhealthy habits are going to start catching up with her. The way her body goes numb in certain places (specifically her feet) is called neuropathy. It is caused by heavy smoking and sometimes by drinking alcohol for years. So, maybe the cigarettes are finally starting to affect her. 
I’m aware I wrote an entire page about this innocuous topic, but whatever. 😅

That’s interesting. It seems she blames the numbness in her feet on the c-ship treatment, though. Maybe the stress of it caused her to smoke more? I think she’s also had issues with blood sugar but idk that she’s diabetic. That’s not our business but smoking and diabetes don’t make a good mix. 

8 hours ago, ZoneGirl said:

That’s interesting. It seems she blames the numbness in her feet on the c-ship treatment, though. Maybe the stress of it caused her to smoke more? I think she’s also had issues with blood sugar but idk that she’s diabetic. That’s not our business but smoking and diabetes don’t make a good mix. 

It's not our business but we are more than happy to comment on every other aspect of her life like it is our business :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

On 4/27/2023 at 4:33 AM, JackSProductions said:

Iconic 

IMG-3229.jpg

This photo was the equivalent of "breaking the internet" back in 2000, I remember news & entertainment programs talking about them. :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

I suspect Britney had been smoking cigarettes well before there were sightings & repostings.  I don't like it but it's her prerogative. :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

Smoking and nicotine is a great and perscription free anxiety medicine in my opinion.

We all know Britney has done a lot of different *****. Why is her smoking habbit worth a thread?

I think acid and mdma is great also. Very interesting research going on about microdosing for depression.

Crack Is Wack though.

On 4/28/2023 at 6:17 PM, NotBuyingIt said:

I know too much about neuropathy and I really hope Britney figures out what’s going on. I have dysautonomia, which is an overactive sympathetic nervous system from a connective tissue disease, and I can tell you that nerve-related symptoms are not always caused by true peripheral or small nerve fiber damage.

Britney needs to understand what’s causing her symptoms. Severe trauma and stress can also trigger an overactive sympathetic nervous system and conditions such as POTS, etc. She needs nerve conduction studies, sweat tests, small nerve fiber biopsies, tilt table studies, etc. before we can say cigarettes, Lithium, or anything else caused this or that she actually has damage. Also, cigarettes can increase the likelihood of being diagnosed with neuropathy, but it’s not really a major concern the way something like binge drinking is.

I was convinced I had neuropathy. Mayo Clinic showed me that my issue was actually dysautonomia but not any nerve damage. I had numbness, POTS, such bad pain I could barely type without typing aids, etc. Mental stress makes it 1,000% worse, to the point that it’s disabling. Britney has been traumatized and I wonder if she’s dealing with something similar.

Lastly, small nerve and peripheral fibers can regenerate, depending on the cause, extent of the damage, etc. I hope Britney finds someone who can help her resolve this ASAP because it may not be what she or some lazy doctor thinks.

As an actual medical (psychology, biology) professional. This is literally a whole lot of nothing. There is nothing being said here that makes any logical or medical sense. 

Not to mention it literally has nothing to do with the topic of the post. What’s happening here?

Edited by A.a.A
5 hours ago, A.a.A said:

As an actual medical (psychology, biology) professional. This is literally a whole lot of nothing. There is nothing being said here that makes any logical or medical sense. 

Not to mention it literally has nothing to do with the topic of the post. What’s happening here?

I mean, I get that my post felt random, but to say it makes no medical sense is extra. Have you ever heard of Ehlers-Danlos, dysautonomia, and how stress can further perpetuate dysautonomia / an already overactive sympathetic nervous system? As an actual person who lives with this and went to Mayo Clinic where I was diagnosed by actual geneticists, internists, and neurologists (not just psychologists), I can assure you it’s legit.

Anyway, here’s why it’s relevant…

A) It’s weird to me that fans think we can say Britney has neuropathy because of alcohol, smoking cigarettes, being drugged in 2019 (which I do believe she was), etc. Like she’s Eric Clapton. This continues to come up on this forum in a number of threads. Some fans continue to try to trace this nerve damage back to her habits or specific situations and it’s odd and invasive.

B) Britney keeps saying she has nerve damage and that half her body goes numb at times. She also doesn’t like going to doctors. I’m wondering if she truly knows what’s going on or if she’s like me where I once truly felt disabled from what I believed to be nerve damage… but it wasn’t that at all. Saying you have nerve damage because of inconsistent numbness is a huge deal. There are a ton of things that cause (like Ehlers-Danlos) or worsen (like stress and trauma) nerve symptoms and they don’t always signify actual damage to the small or peripheral nerves.

Basically, a lot of fans are worried about the nerve stuff she continues to reference. I hope she gets a real diagnosis if she hasn’t because it may not be what she thinks. It sure wasn’t for me. I had to get tons of tests done - it was more than just saying my hands go numb sometimes. Girl has been through it in life and I wonder if stress is also making this all a million times worse for her. And if she does have damage, then I hope she has someone who can help determine whether she can potentially hope for any regeneration (even if minimal) and if lifestyle changes such as quitting smoking are necessary.

TBH, the tone of your post was not it. It’s one thing to ask what’s up, it’s another thing to patronize, attempt to discredit, and tell someone it’s “a whole lot of nothing” rooted in no medical sense because you studied psychology and biology. Again, I absolutely get why this felt random, but it’s something I’m observing across many threads, not just that one commenter’s post. Try being nicer next time you want to request context on something, especially as someone trained in psychology.

Edited by NotBuyingIt
17 hours ago, Captain Marvel said:

This photo was the equivalent of "breaking the internet" back in 2000, I remember news & entertainment programs talking about them. :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

I suspect Britney had been smoking cigarettes well before there were sightings & repostings.  I don't like it but it's her prerogative. :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

There was a thread a while back with quotes, reports and other stuff suggesting Britney has been smoking since her teens.

Edited by Isla

Devastated tbh. I even remember the picture (below on the left). I couldn’t believe she would ever smoke. I was maybe 13 and my sister convinced me the picture must be photoshopped.

I’ve grown up since and have a better understanding that we should not be projecting our expectations on her or anyone, and people are free to live their own lives. I’d prefer she’d stop for health reasons but that has to be her choice.

Edited by filmandstage13
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, DiamondCircus said:

Part of being a public figure 

but the moment you say, something like "its obvious she has issues still " no matter how nicely you put it, all of a sudden she is no longer a public figure and you get attacked :emma:

I really wish she would switch to Mary Jane flower tho 💨💚. It could provide a lot of mental and physical help in her life. I’ve never smoked a cigarette but smoke w**d every day, and I’m a very productive member of society. I understand she likely couldn’t during the conservatorship, but since she’s free now and lives in a recreational state….burn one Brit! I support you lol

Smoke Get High GIF by LiL Renzo

Edited by BabyBlueBritney
Some sentences didn’t make sense lol
  • Like 1
On 4/27/2023 at 1:18 AM, icybaby said:

This pic though. I do think cigarette is any problem here

What. The. ****. Is. She. Wearing?!?!!! 🥴🥴 Pull ya skirt up, sis! Lawd.

EDIT: didn’t realize the pic wouldn’t be included in the reply. It’s the one of her wearing a brown maxi skirt with a blue thong purposely exposed lmao. Gotta love her.

Edited by BabyBlueBritney

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block