Britney singing "Oops I Did It Again" a cappella style (2023)

tco

Lol wow. how toxic fans britney have.

It was 1.5/10. Her vocal chords are very vulnerable. There are flats, and though she lacked control and her voice was shaky, her placement is strong and her tone is rich. Since when did she sound “diva perfect” live????

stop expecting her to sing better than Beyonce. She could never outsang Christina nor Whitney.

it’s way faaar from perfect —- but we love and treasure it because it’s Britney. Stop crashing someone’s adoration just because of your negativity. She barely has the confidence and here are her own fans discouraging her. Very very very sad. It’s always better to be kind, than to be right.

Edited by britbritlove
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, britbritlove said:

It was 1.5/10. Her vocal chords are very vulnerable. There are flats, and though she lacked control and her voice was shaky, her placement is strong and her tone is rich. Since when did she sound “diva perfect” live????

stop expecting her to sing better than Beyonce. She could never outsang Christina nor Whitney.

it’s way faaar from perfect —- but we love and treasure it because it’s Britney. Stop crashing someone’s adoration just because of your negativity. She barely has the confidence and here are her own fans discouraging her. Very very very sad. It’s always better to be kind, than to be right.

Finally someone gets it!  You can still love it and acknowledge it wasn’t perfect!   

what makes Britney great isn’t her singing skills it’s her beautiful  tone and her stylistic choices.  

I wish more people lived in reality…

1 hour ago, britbritlove said:

Finally someone gets it!  You can still love it and acknowledge it wasn’t perfect!   

what makes Britney great isn’t her singing skills it’s her beautiful  tone and her stylistic choices.  

It's not that bad. Her voice DOES sound dry. Due to smoking and maybe she didn't drink water. It got a bit worse towards the end though.

She wasn't as flat as she was making it out to be. Anyone with a trained ear can hear that. The new melody is also a factor  She DID sound "wobbly"? Kind of like she was nervous or hasn't sung in a while or something.

Nothing of these are issues a vocal coach and quitting smoking can't fix.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, britbritlove said:

I mean I enjoyed it because it was something new and different than what we’ve gotten over the years. She changed the tone and melody of the song and I think that was really creative on her part. It’s something she should explore more of if she wants to stop doing the baby voice and also change the way she performs, I’m all about growth from her.

Yeah idk why people are comparing her to Beyonce and stuff. I mean I think a lot of them are just joking around because they like what they heard. To me, Britney doesn’t have to be Beyonce or Whitney to sound good. She’s always sounded good to me personally, that’s why I love to listen to her.

This 10000%. I hope Britney didn’t see the comments here that were bashing her because that’s only going to make her not want to do it. I really hope she explores her natural voice more and gives the world a new Britney than the baby voice every female singer likes to do an awful impression of when they have to on tv. I seriously get angry at those impressions because I know Britney isn’t awful as their portraying her to be, they just have never heard what the true Britney sounds like….you know, off topic, that would be a great album title if she ever wanted to make an album of songs using her real voice, like True would be really fitting for that or something along those lines lol.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, GmailMyHeart said:

Ok I think we got off on the wrong foot, I thought you were supporting all the other people that were literally bashing her by making rude remarks that aren’t even constructive criticism, so I apologize for attacking you on my end, that’s on me that I misinterpreted where you were coming from.

Personally I enjoyed it as I said because she was being something she hasn’t been because of the Con and that’s being a true artist. She changed the tone and melody of the song and I really appreciated that along with her natural voice since the original is littered with the forced baby voice that everyone and their mother likes to badly imitate on late night talk shows and comedy sketch shows.

I think her singing skills are good, she doesn’t have to be a Whitney or Mariah to be a good singer, actually it’s how I fell in love with her in the first place was hearing her song on the radio and just listening to her sing.

But again, I apologize on my behalf for coming at you, I just thought you were bashing people who liked it and supporting the ones that were saying she’s a terrible singer and she’s awful and what not.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Blackout SZN said:

Ok I think we got off on the wrong foot, I thought you were supporting all the other people that were literally bashing her by making rude remarks that aren’t even constructive criticism, so I apologize for attacking you on my end, that’s on me that I misinterpreted where you were coming from.

Personally I enjoyed it as I said because she was being something she hasn’t been because of the Con and that’s being a true artist. She changed the tone and melody of the song and I really appreciated that along with her natural voice since the original is littered with the forced baby voice that everyone and their mother likes to badly imitate on late night talk shows and comedy sketch shows.

I think her singing skills are good, she doesn’t have to be a Whitney or Mariah to be a good singer, actually it’s how I fell in love with her in the first place was hearing her song on the radio and just listening to her sing.

But again, I apologize on my behalf for coming at you, I just thought you were bashing people who liked it and supporting the ones that were saying she’s a terrible singer and she’s awful and what not.

I really appreciate that, it means a lot. 

no one can ever take her tone away from her, it’s one of the best to ever bless pop music.  She’s also creatively involved which speaks to her other talents.  I don’t need her to sing like Whitney, I just want her to make music she wants to make in whatever way she wants.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Blackout SZN said:

I mean I enjoyed it because it was something new and different than what we’ve gotten over the years. She changed the tone and melody of the song and I think that was really creative on her part. It’s something she should explore more of if she wants to stop doing the baby voice and also change the way she performs, I’m all about growth from her.

Yeah idk why people are comparing her to Beyonce and stuff. I mean I think a lot of them are just joking around because they like what they heard. To me, Britney doesn’t have to be Beyonce or Whitney to sound good. She’s always sounded good to me personally, that’s why I love to listen to her.

This 10000%. I hope Britney didn’t see the comments here that were bashing her because that’s only going to make her not want to do it. I really hope she explores her natural voice more and gives the world a new Britney than the baby voice every female singer likes to do an awful impression of when they have to on tv. I seriously get angry at those impressions because I know Britney isn’t awful as their portraying her to be, they just have never heard what the true Britney sounds like….you know, off topic, that would be a great album title if she ever wanted to make an album of songs using her real voice, like True would be really fitting for that or something along those lines lol.

Right? Her giving live vocals and new twists on these songs that she has been lip syncing for two decades is already something new and wonderful to us. Unless she sang that in Grammys or Oscars, it does not have to be perfect since we already know her vocal imperfections. She is just having fun, let her sing freely. It’s very sad that her fans fought for her freedom but they dont free Britney from their own expectations and condemns her whenever she does something they consider “awful”.

An artist can be considered successful too if people are making impressions about them. It means they are uniquely known and her using “baby voice” was a wise tactic and that separated her from the others. But yes, overdone impressions that are clearly made to poke fun at her are somewhat insulting.

Edited by britbritlove
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, SosEtaSeth said:

Actually, it's rumored that Britney singing "I Have Nothing" is what got Jive to offer her a record deal.

Britney was very young, fresh, very beautiful and she was oozing with charisma. I think that was what Jive saw. Labels can see potentials and they are creative in what they can do to the talents. If they see Britney as another Whitney, then they would not have her sing in a poppy baby voice.

But don’t get ne wrong. Her vocals from her Singapore performances when she was young was very solid!!!! There is NO DOUBT she CAN sing “I Have Nothing” —- But not outsang Whitney.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block