Britney singing "Oops I Did It Again" a cappella style (2023)

tco

16 hours ago, DiamondCircus said:

Coming at me sis please keep showing us your maturity level when you been coming for multiple people in this thread yet you call them immature! Girl bye! Not Funny Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Lol I called out someone I thought was saying that people who liked the recording were immature. Learn to read please and also let’s not derail the thread thank you :)

ps I also apologized to that person and took ownership of what I said, unlike you most of the time when you deflect and redirect stuff off yourself.

Edited by Blackout SZN
14 hours ago, GmailMyHeart said:

I really appreciate that, it means a lot. 

no one can ever take her tone away from her, it’s one of the best to ever bless pop music.  She’s also creatively involved which speaks to her other talents.  I don’t need her to sing like Whitney, I just want her to make music she wants to make in whatever way she wants.  

Exactly, I feel the same way. As I said the reason why I fell in love with her was her voice, everything else came after. She doesn’t need to be a power house singer to be good, I feel like a lot of people think singers need to be belting out songs to be good, which in reality, that’s not true in the slightest. There’s a lot of stuff that goes into being a singer and you don’t have to hit high notes to be one.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Blackout SZN said:

Lol I called out someone I thought was saying that people who liked the recording were immature. Learn to read please and also let’s not derail the thread thank you :)

ps I also apologized to that person and took ownership of what I said, unlike you most of the time when you deflect and redirect stuff off yourself.

You keep saying don't derail the thread yet you're back on another day trying to think you're doing something special.

Sis have a seat and let it go, it's a new day, move along.

Dance Dancing GIF by SimAust

• Love 2
13 hours ago, britbritlove said:

Britney was very young, fresh, very beautiful and she was oozing with charisma. I think that was what Jive saw. Labels can see potentials and they are creative in what they can do to the talents. If they see Britney as another Whitney, then they would not have her sing in a poppy baby voice.

But don’t get ne wrong. Her vocals from her Singapore performances when she was young was very solid!!!! There is NO DOUBT she CAN sing “I Have Nothing” —- But not outsang Whitney.

Jive execs said they thought her vocals weren’t the best and she was singing incorrectly and her eyes rolled behind her head .. but they thought she was marketable and had Disney training so they signed with a 90 day probation … 

56b11248c08a8037018be9d7?width=1200&form
WWW.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM

Music producers share what they thought the first time they saw Britney audition.

She came in, warbled 'I Will Always Love You,' and I couldn't wait for it to end," said Michael Caplan, Epic Records vice president of A&R, according to author John Seabrook's "The Song Machine," which explains the process that has created some of the biggest hit songs.

"Her complexion wasn't great, her voice wasn't great ... so we passed," Caplan said.

A team at Mercury Records also passed on Spears, which just left Jive Records, where only a handful of execs liked her demo tape.

"It was in the wrong key," Steve Lunt, an A&R executive for Jive, told Seabrook.

Edited by devilsadvocate
  • Love 1
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, devilsadvocate said:

Jive execs said they thought her vocals weren’t the best and she was singing incorrectly and her eyes rolled behind her head .. but they thought she was marketable and had Disney training so they signed with a 90 day probation … 

56b11248c08a8037018be9d7?width=1200&form
WWW.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM

Music producers share what they thought the first time they saw Britney audition.

She came in, warbled 'I Will Always Love You,' and I couldn't wait for it to end," said Michael Caplan, Epic Records vice president of A&R, according to author John Seabrook's "The Song Machine," which explains the process that has created some of the biggest hit songs.

"Her complexion wasn't great, her voice wasn't great ... so we passed," Caplan said.

A team at Mercury Records also passed on Spears, which just left Jive Records, where only a handful of execs liked her demo tape.

"It was in the wrong key," Steve Lunt, an A&R executive for Jive, told Seabrook.

Nice read, I can totally see where they were trying to make her the American version of Robyn with her vocal performance on BOMT. She probably didn’t sing good because the article said she was really nervous, so nerves probably got the better of her. Also, with that Epic Records dude, it’s a little unfair because they’re just gonna compare her to Whitney with I Will Always Love You even though Whitney just covered it from Dolly Parton, who’s not a powerhouse vocalist herself. Nevertheless, whoever covers that song is going to be judged hard like it’s the National Anthem because Whitney slayed it, just like how she slayed the National Anthem lol.

Edited by Blackout SZN
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Blackout SZN said:

Nice read, I can totally see where they were trying to make her the American version of Robyn with her vocal performance on BOMT. She probably didn’t sing good because the article said she was really nervous, so nerves probably got the better of her. Also, with that Epic Records dude, it’s a little unfair because they’re just gonna compare her to Whitney with I Will Always Love You even though Whitney just covered it from Dolly Parton, who’s not a powerhouse vocalist herself, but nevertheless, whoever covers that song is going to be judged hard like it’s the National Anthem because Whitney slayed it, just like how she slayed the National Anthem lol.

Yeah Britney said that she doesn’t sing well when she’s nervous 😔 I hate to see people say that she can’t sing when she always could

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block