Why do you think Britney Spears has only received one Grammy out of all her iconic hits?

9 minutes ago, GlitterRain said:

What do you mean? 

the way Beyoncé won in a category that was extremely stupid - it literally reminded me of those little exam questions when you were in kindergarten that said “one of these don’t belong”

like she was together with Odessa? Rufus du sol? DIPLO? WTF? she’s a pop artist… stop over glorifying her ****.

and then the best R&B song she won was included inside the BEST dance electrónica album? how does that make sense?

it was beyond ridiculous and a total disrespect to the other artists in that category / nomination.

I mean whatever give her as many Grammys as you want but that was beyond stupid.

Edited by leviathan
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Britney's contemporaries (1997-2002): Beyonce, Jlo, Pink, Xtina, Mandy Moore, Avril Lavigne

Katy's contemporaries (2005-2010): Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Kesha, Nicki Minaj, Jessie J

:katyfrog_perry_upset_um:

Britney's contemporaries include artists who debuted in the late 2000's, seeing as Britney was still having hit records right through the first half of the 2010's.

"Contemporaries" doesn't just mean who debuted around the same time.

2 hours ago, leviathan said:

the way Beyoncé won in a category that was extremely stupid - it literally reminded me of those little exam questions when you were in kindergarten that said “one of these don’t belong”

like she was together with Odessa? Rufus du sol? DIPLO? WTF? she’s a pop artist… stop over glorifying her ****.

and then the best R&B song she won was included inside the BEST dance electrónica album? how does that make sense?

it was beyond ridiculous and a total disrespect to the other artists in that category / nomination.

I mean whatever give her as many Grammys as you want but that was beyond stupid.

In all fairness, Renaissance is a dance/electronic album, there's no two ways about it. So it didn't belong in the pop category, there are some R&B songs on it but not enough for it to be classed as an R&B album. Just because Beyonce is a mainstream artist doesn't mean that she can't be nominated alongside dance artists when she releases.... dance music.

And it makes total sense to include Renaissance in Dance/Electronic album even though some songs were included in R&B. There are a few R&B songs on her album (Cuff It, Virgo's Groove, Plastic Off the Sofa) so of course they will be included in the R&B categories. This is not uncommon at all, it's not something they just came up with for Beyonce. Brandi Carlile was also nominated in both the Rock and Americana categories because her album includes both genres.

It's a hard question to answer. During her prime she got more nominations and post-breakdown she only got one (best dance recording for Womanizer in 2010, which she didn't win). I kinda get the idea the Recording Academy never took her seriously (and especially compared to Christina which explains why she won best new artist over her). At least Toxic got one. So many iconic/legendary musicians barely have any Grammys. I mean Queen have none and they're considered one of the most successful rock bands of all time.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, leviathan said:

I agree that putting her album in the dance category was an “easy win” this year because the pop albums were stacked. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Isla said:

It's a hard question to answer. During her prime she got more nominations and post-breakdown she only got one (best dance recording for Womanizer in 2010, which she didn't win). I kinda get the idea the Recording Academy never took her seriously (and especially compared to Christina which explains why she won best new artist over her). At least Toxic got one. So many iconic/legendary musicians barely have any Grammys. I mean Queen have none and they're considered one of the most successful rock bands of all time.

Damn. It’s important that you bring up Queen. That band is the definition of influential, as is Britney. 

• Love 2

I think its because no matter how good Britneys music was, she was never taken seriously as an artist, and the Grammys didnt give pop acts many awards at that time.

People started taking Britney a bit more seriously as an artist after In The Zone, but her career changed considering everything she was going through.

I dont think she deserves a Grammy for anything post conservatorship. But She deserves a Grammys for In The Zone, Blackout, and Slave 4 U.

Edited by fays1
  • Like 3
25 minutes ago, Onyxgirl17 said:

Damn. It’s important that you bring up Queen. That band is the definition of influential, as is Britney. 

Yeah I found that out recently and it really surprised me. Diana Ross has also never won a proper Grammy, but she did get the Lifetime Achivement.

Edited by Isla

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block