Jump to content

Why do you think Britney Spears has only received one Grammy out of all her iconic hits?


Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Joshyworld said:

Because Britney came out during a time when pop was more taboo and before poptimism became a trend. It isn't rocket science. The fact that she has 8 Grammy nominations overall is actually pretty good and at least she has a win unlike some of her contemporaries such as JLo or Katy.

this.

i think it's something similar to what happened to leonardo dicaprio and the oscars. both were seen as "just a pretty face"/too mainstream and not edgy or artsy enough. but in the end (in both cases) talent pulled through and our girl got the grammy she deserved for one of her best songs to this day. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
  • Super Mods
Just now, ElenaB said:

this.

i think it's something similar to what happened to leonardo dicaprio and the oscars. both were seen as "just a pretty face"/too mainstream and not edgy or artsy enough. but in the end (in both cases) talent pulled through and our girl got the grammy she deserved for one of her best songs to this day. 

They still both deserve way more. This will not go unnoticed Glaring Mean Girls GIF by filmeditor

  • Love 3
  • Like 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Joshyworld said:

Because Britney came out during a time when pop was more taboo and before poptimism became a trend. It isn't rocket science. The fact that she has 8 Grammy nominations overall is actually pretty good and at least she has a win unlike some of her contemporaries such as JLo or Katy.

Wait so who told you Katy was a contemporary of Britney?

:katyfrog_perry_upset_um:

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
13 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Wait so who told you Katy was a contemporary of Britney?

:katyfrog_perry_upset_um:

Contemporary: living or occurring at the same time.

As far as I’m concerned, Britney and Katy have simultaneously released music during several calendar years together. Please don’t try to suck up for some shameless brownie points from GlitterRain or some other idiotic members. :katyfrog_perry_upset_um:

Edited by Joshyworld
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
  • Super Mods
1 minute ago, Joshyworld said:

Contemporary: living or occurring at the same time.

As far as I’m concerned, Britney and Katy have simultaneously released music during several calendar years. Please don’t try to suck up for some shameless brownie points from GlitterRain or other idiotic members. :katyfrog_perry_upset_um:

You will watch your tone when discussing me Mean Girls Gym GIF by Paramount Movies

  • Love 1
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Joshyworld said:

Contemporary: living or occurring at the same time.

As far as I’m concerned, Britney and Katy have simultaneously released music during several calendar years. Please don’t try to suck up for some shameless brownie points from GlitterRain or other idiotic members. :katyfrog_perry_upset_um:

Britney's contemporaries (1997-2002): Beyonce, Jlo, Pink, Xtina, Mandy Moore, Avril Lavigne

Katy's contemporaries (2005-2010): Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Kesha, Nicki Minaj, Jessie J

:katyfrog_perry_upset_um:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Crazy4BRITNEY3.0 said:

Cause she never submitted to that fake freakshow and couldn't give a ****. She ain't a kiss *** like Adele, Lizzo and all these other celebs who go there just to pretend they idolise Beyoncé like a ******* goddess or something so they can stay relevant

honestly it was hard to watch 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Guest
Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block