'Dont Stop the Music', along with other 'GGGB' tracks were meant for Britney's BLACKOUT album

Just now, thegrove said:

You literally went off on a long *** tirade in which you made all these comments about me over my original comment and now it’s supposed to be for someone else? Mom are you tired? 

No sweetie. Go back. Rihanna-uknowit.gif I quoted two people in that post. First you, then another user. Those comments about being "insensitive" were NOT directed towards you. Are you okay? 

• Super Mods
2 minutes ago, Joshyworld said:

No sweetie. Go back. Rihanna-uknowit.gif I quoted two people in that post. First you, then another user. Those comments about being "insensitive" were NOT directed towards you. Are you okay? 

5 minutes ago, thegrove said:

You literally went off on a long *** tirade in which you made all these comments about me over my original comment and now it’s supposed to be for someone else? Mom are you tired? 

Have this convo privately please. 

2 minutes ago, Joshyworld said:

Omg it was me the whole time 

No Way Reaction GIF by Acorn TV

FOLKS THIS IS WHY YOU CHECK YOU WORK 

you have a good one 💀 

• Haha 1
  • Super Mods
16 hours ago, Joshyworld said:

Imagine thinking DSTM is basic for Blackout when it’s arguably better than at least 90% of the album.

I swear, Britney stans are on a whole other level of delusion.

OT: Such a missed opportunity. Definitely would have helped excel the album. :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

Hun DSTM is a good song theres no denial about that, but better than 90% of blackout? Lets be realistic. Its a generic and forgettable song, while Gimme More alone is still played today as if Brit released it yesterday.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
10 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

Hun DSTM is a good song theres no denial about that, but better than 90% of blackout? Lets be realistic. Its a generic and forgettable song, while Gimme More alone is still played today as if Brit released it yesterday.

Gimme More > Piece of Me > Don't Stop the Music > everything else on "Blackout". Although, Freakshow is a great song too. 

Anyways...that's what I meant by 90%. Lol. 

1 hour ago, Joshyworld said:

What other songs from 'OVERRATEDOut' other than "Gimme More" and "Piece of Me" are better than "DSTM". Quick. 0f00ff450c62c416b7441bb61aa3872e.thumb.jpg.54d76831842a658041a9cfb87fa5fd63.jpg

WHAT, POM isn't even better than DSTM :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: Heaven on Earth, Freakshow, Perfect Lover, Break The Ice and OOB are all better then DSTM 0f00ff450c62c416b7441bb61aa3872e.thumb.jpg.54d76831842a658041a9cfb87fa5fd63.jpg

1 hour ago, Joshyworld said:

The non-singles from these 3 alone >>>>> all of the non-singles from 'FillerOUT' combined. BFFR for once in your life challenge. 0f00ff450c62c416b7441bb61aa3872e.thumb.jpg.54d76831842a658041a9cfb87fa5fd63.jpg

Whaaaaaaat? :bibliahh: Only BOM stands next to any of the masterpieces produced on Blackout, otherwise, not even the biggest of Britney stans like (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction, and as much as I adore Lonely, the maturity and artistic development in her following projects cannot be compared or even considered better for a 2001 urban-pop song. Cut it OUT! 0f00ff450c62c416b7441bb61aa3872e.thumb.jpg.54d76831842a658041a9cfb87fa5fd63.jpg

Edited by Blackout2006
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Blackout2006 said:

WHAT, POM isn't even better than DSTM :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: Heaven on Earth, Freakshow, Perfect Lover, Break The Ice and OOB are all better then DSTM 0f00ff450c62c416b7441bb61aa3872e.thumb.jpg.54d76831842a658041a9cfb87fa5fd63.jpg

"Piece of Me" is an incredible pop track though. The distortion, layers, lyricism and vocal manipulation all add to its brilliance and message. So many iconic catchphrases came out of that song alone. 'Ms. American Dream', 'Ms. Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous', etc. etc. The fact that she was able to cross that line and mock the media and paparazzi through her own music was astonishing. It was probably the most redeeming moment of that era. Not to mention, the track has held up pretty well after all these years. "Heaven On Earth". Errm, no. Maybe for Paris Hilton standards. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: "Freakshow" is a great pop song, fine. I'll give you that. "Perfect Lover" is also great but better than "DSTM"? I don't know about that. "BTI" is overrated as **** and "Ooh Ooh Baby" sounds like a demo. BFFR. 0f00ff450c62c416b7441bb61aa3872e.thumb.jpg.54d76831842a658041a9cfb87fa5fd63.jpg

8 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Whaaaaaaat? :bibliahh: Only BOM stands next to any of the masterpieces produced on Blackout, otherwise, not even the biggest of Britney stans like (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction, and as much as I adore Lovely, the maturity and artistic development in her following projects cannot be compared or even considered better for a 2001 urban-pop song. Cut it OUT! 0f00ff450c62c416b7441bb61aa3872e.thumb.jpg.54d76831842a658041a9cfb87fa5fd63.jpg

Imagine thinking a Rodney 'Darkchild' Jerkins production aka pop-&-b's finest prodigy isn't better than the majority of the incoherent mess that is on 'Blackout'. :bibliahh:Even Danja himself would laugh at this statement considering how Darkchild literally paved a new wave of electro-pop into the mainstream consciousness before he even got anywhere.:bibliahh: Songs like "Satisfaction and "Lonely" are where not only the production shines but where Britney shines the most. Again, BFFR.  0f00ff450c62c416b7441bb61aa3872e.thumb.jpg.54d76831842a658041a9cfb87fa5fd63.jpg

21 hours ago, Joshyworld said:

"Piece of Me" is an incredible pop track though. The distortion, layers, lyricism and vocal manipulation all add to its brilliance and message. So many iconic catchphrases came out of that song alone. 'Ms. American Dream', 'Ms. Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous', etc. etc. The fact that she was able to cross that line and mock the media and paparazzi through her own music was astonishing.

Your only spillage throughout that entire post of mess :shaking_shake_gold_yellow: :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

"Heaven On Earth". Errm, no. Maybe for Paris Hilton standards. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Imagine trying IT with one of Britney's best songs. :rupaulslap_hit_mad:  The trancing synth, unperfected, gritty, and melancholic production channels Britney at her most authentic. She is past being the perfect dolled-up pop girl. This is her at her most vulnerable in an album doused in dirty glamour and chaotic parties. However, behind the disco-infused, atmospheric, and hypnotic beats, sings a depressed Britney. Truly one of her most experimental and best songs that is just a picture of the artist that Britney could've been :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

"BTI" is overrated

Thanks for the laugh but I need u to be FR rn0f00ff450c62c416b7441bb61aa3872e.thumb.jpg.54d76831842a658041a9cfb87fa5fd63.jpg

Even Danja himself would laugh at this statement considering how Darkchild literally paved a new wave of electro-pop into the mainstream consciousness before he even got anywhere.:bibliahh: Songs like "Satisfaction and "Lonely" are where not only the production shines but where Britney shines the most. Again, BFFR.  0f00ff450c62c416b7441bb61aa3872e.thumb.jpg.54d76831842a658041a9cfb87fa5fd63.jpg

I'm yelling :bibliahh::bibliahh: Imagine thinking that in a discography of 100+ songs, a Rolling Stones cover is a song where Britney shines the most :bibliahh: I thank you once again for the laugh but once again, be FR 0f00ff450c62c416b7441bb61aa3872e.thumb.jpg.54d76831842a658041a9cfb87fa5fd63.jpg Also, if you think Blackout is incoherent, you literally missed the entire concept and point of the album 0f00ff450c62c416b7441bb61aa3872e.thumb.jpg.54d76831842a658041a9cfb87fa5fd63.jpg0f00ff450c62c416b7441bb61aa3872e.thumb.jpg.54d76831842a658041a9cfb87fa5fd63.jpg

Edited by Blackout2006
On 2/4/2023 at 12:04 AM, 3IsACharm33 said:

Not surprised Rihanna started off like a carbon copy of Britney just from Barbados’s 

Easily recognizable tone with average vocals 

very manufactured 

cute girl nextdoor look

the whole good girl gone bad era was copying what Britney did with blackout

rihanna went from highlighted hair to jet Black hair with an emo side bang 

began dressing more ***ual and genuinely coming off more edgy 

Rihanna did it very successfully, I’m assuming Jay z planned all this 

If I'm not mistaken, Jay-Z wanted to make a second Beyonce out of Rih, wanted her to keep her sweet r&b/pop girl image. They weren't OK with her having short and dark hair, she had to go against them.

3 hours ago, britisthecolor said:

If I'm not mistaken, Jay-Z wanted to make a second Beyonce out of Rih, wanted her to keep her sweet r&b/pop girl image. They weren't OK with her having short and dark hair, she had to go against them.

I mean look wise she favors Beyoncé at least when she was a teenager, full grown Rihanna looks nothing like Beyoncé tho…

but talent  wise she doesn’t compare to Beyoncé, I feel she’s similar to Britney because they both have signature tones and were manufactured in similar ways

In terms of career and artistry I see a lot of similarities to Britney, that’s just my opinion 

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block