'Dont Stop the Music', along with other 'GGGB' tracks were meant for Britney's BLACKOUT album

5 hours ago, Joshyworld said:

Imagine thinking DSTM is basic for Blackout when it’s arguably better than at least 90% of the album.

I swear, Britney stans are on a whole other level of delusion.

OT: Such a missed opportunity. Definitely would have helped excel the album. :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

https://s1.gifyu.com/images/Rihanna-uknowit.gif

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Joshyworld said:

Anyways...hopefully that wasn't too "mean" for you since you always seem to want to grasp at straws saying incredibly insensitive stuff such as what you just said considering that I have and never had anything against you. Matter of fact, I don't know you. You don't know me. Who are you to even judge? Maybe you're confusing the concept of standing one's ground/being transparent over this false narrative you have over me of being "mean". Have a splendid day. 

You can stand your ground without resorting to name calling. I’ve been visiting this site for a long time and seen plenty of your comments on which I have formulated my opinion. 
I also didn’t say anything insensitive.
Look, tbh, it’s nothing against you personally. You’re just a random profile on the internet to me but you do always seem to be on the attack or finding the harshest way to put your point across. You managed to bring up my comment in several comments, if you’re not bothered, don’t be so pressed about my “false narrative”. 
As I said, you’re entitled to your opinion. As am I. I don’t care to beef with you. My day has indeed been splendid, I hope yours is splendid af also :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

• Love 3
3 hours ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

Not surprised Rihanna started off like a carbon copy of Britney just from Barbados’s 

Easily recognizable tone with average vocals 

very manufactured 

cute girl nextdoor look

the whole good girl gone bad era was copying what Britney did with blackout

rihanna went from highlighted hair to jet Black hair with an emo side bang 

began dressing more ***ual and genuinely coming off more edgy 

Rihanna did it very successfully, I’m assuming Jay z planned all this 

The whole GGGB era was inspired by Kelis, she has the exact same look for her album "Kelis Was Here" a year early and songs like "Breaking Dishes" sound like one of Kelis early hits. I'd give you the manufactured part during her first 2 mixtapes though, she probably was inspired by Britney for that.  

I know you, like most Britney stans, only listen to Britney, but there are more artists other than her.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Joshyworld said:

If anything, the 'GGGB' concept stems more from the 'Britney'/'Stripped' eras. Not to mention, 'GGGB' was recorded before 'Blackout' and there is absolutely no correlation whatsoever. Britney was a bigger name and already an established pop icon whereas Rihanna was breaking out into her own. Their careers couldn't be anymore different considering Britney never invented black hair, an emo side bang, dressing more ***ual and being edgy. Like what?  I swear, some of you Britney fans are extremely delusional and love to play revisionist history. (oh I forgot, that's apparently "mEaN" :britoverit_britney_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_whatever:) Anyways, not to steer too off topic but Ashley Tisdale and The *****cat Dolls were far more directly impacted by Britney than Rihanna. PCD's debut album was essentially a continuation of 'Britney' and 'In The Zone'. You can hear bits of "Slave" on "Don't Cha" and "Outrageous" on "Buttons". "Wait a Minute" (while recorded in 2005) sounds very 'Blackout/"Get Naked"' which makes sense since it's a Timbaland production proving my point that 'Blackout' was influenced by that PCD/Paris Hilton/Nelly/Justin sound in 2005-06. 

I’m realizing now I was insanely inaccurate with my facts lol remember I was 7 in 2007 I don’t remember which album came out first lol

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

You can stand your ground without resorting to name calling. I’ve been visiting this site for a long time and seen plenty of your comments on which I have formulated my opinion. 
I also didn’t say anything insensitive.
Look, tbh, it’s nothing against you personally. You’re just a random profile on the internet to me but you do always seem to be on the attack or finding the harshest way to put your point across. You managed to bring up my comment in several comments, if you’re not bothered, don’t be so pressed about my “false narrative”. 
As I said, you’re entitled to your opinion. As am I. I don’t care to beef with you. My day has indeed been splendid, I hope yours is splendid af also :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

Everyone who knows me on here (and IRL) knows that I don’t take BS and that I call out delusion whenever I see it. I was also responsible for being a big anti-B-anon advocate and calling those people out from very early on which is likely where a lot of those labels resorted from. I’m not a mean person. I just tell things how it is. It’s a part of me, it’s a part of my personality, it’s a part of who I am. Again, I’ve always been very transparent, especially growing up on the westside and having work experience in an industry where people have to stand their around or else they get run over. If you actually knew me, you would know that I’m actually very understanding, thoughtful of others and quite literally the opposite of what you’re labeling me as such. This is a public forum, it’s not going to be rainbows and sunshine with everyone we come across. I just find it quite bizarre that you of all people are the one calling me out for being “mean” when what you’re actually doing is framing me as such. Have a good night! :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Joshyworld said:

Everyone who knows me on here (and IRL) knows that I don’t take BS and that I call out delusion whenever I see it. I was also responsible for being a big anti-B-anon advocate and calling those people out from very early on which is likely where a lot of those labels resorted from. I’m not a mean person. I just tell things how it is. It’s a part of me, it’s a part of my personality, it’s a part of who I am. Again, I’ve always been very transparent, especially growing up on the westside and having work experience in an industry where people have to stand their around or else they get run over. If you actually knew me, you would know that I’m actually very understanding, thoughtful of others and quite literally the opposite of what you’re labeling me as such. This is a public forum, it’s not going to be rainbows and sunshine with everyone we come across. I just find it quite bizarre that you of all people are the one calling me out for being “mean” when what you’re actually doing is framing me as such. Have a good night! :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

It was one comment, are we really going to keep going? 
I’m not trying to frame you as anything. It was just my opinion. Could I be wrong? Maybe. Have I got the wrong impression of you? Perhaps. I actually know nothing of you calling out BAnon etc and wouldn’t hold that against you as I’m firmly on the side of those people being ridiculous. 
I’m not American so I don’t know what the Westside is or how that affects you as a person. But if what you’re saying is true, I guess your moral standing and approach to your interactions is trying to come from a good place. 
Again, I’m not going to fight with you. I’m against all the fighting that goes on in here. I’m sorry if I offended you and have the wrong impression of you. I usually go out of my way to stay out of arguments on here and to be kind to users. Truely, it’s a fan site and I don’t care enough to have something against you personally. 

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Joshyworld said:

Imagine thinking DSTM is basic for Blackout when it’s arguably better than at least 90% of the album.

I swear, Britney stans are on a whole other level of delusion.

OT: Such a missed opportunity. Definitely would have helped excel the album. :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

I'm literally the biggest stan of DTSM and even Rihanna on this site, and this is clownery 101. Delete! :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:

Edited by Blackout2006
13 hours ago, zone_ said:

This isn't true. The writer said this song and Cry were written specifically for Rihanna and said she never wrote for Britney until Circus. That Youtube page also said Britney recorded a demo of Umbrella when the producer said she never got to record it. It is true that a lot of the songs on GGGB were meant for Britney tho.

1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

I'm literally the biggest stan of DTSM and even Rihanna on this site, and this is clownery 101. Delete! :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:

What other songs from 'OVERRATEDOut' other than "Gimme More" and "Piece of Me" are better than "DSTM". Quick. And you better not post some powerbottom filler track. 0f00ff450c62c416b7441bb61aa3872e.thumb.jpg.54d76831842a658041a9cfb87fa5fd63.jpg

1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

JoshyWorld tries not to come for Britney's best album (which isn't Britney/OIDIA) challenge (Level: IMPOSSIBLE)!

The non-singles from these 3 alone >>>>> all of the non-singles from 'FillerOUT' combined. BFFR for once in your life challenge. 0f00ff450c62c416b7441bb61aa3872e.thumb.jpg.54d76831842a658041a9cfb87fa5fd63.jpg

Edited by Joshyworld
  • Haha 1
15 hours ago, Matou said:

DSTM is basic for Blackout imo, it doesn't fit in the album. I can see Britney saying "nah good for club but I can do better than this" :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

Blackout is perfect the way it is. :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

I feel like it would have slotted in perfectly in between Freakshow and Toy Soldier 

11 hours ago, Joshyworld said:

Objectively speaking, 'DSTM' is a killer song with an incredible hook. The Michael Jackson sample is absolutely brilliant. If you listen to the instrumental, you can get a feel of how it goes into reverb, starts to build up and progressively expands. Stargate did his damn thing on this and we have to give credit where its due. Sure, it may be no Madonna's 'La Isla Bonita', Britney's 'Toxic' or DC's 'Say My Name' but for fans to call it basic or better than anything on "Blackout" is a huuuuuuuuuuuge, huge reach. Listen to it with a good pair of headphones or at a club while actively listening for the MJ ad-libs, you'll definitely see what I mean. 

Music is absolutely subjective, agreed but one can dislike song yet objectively understand why it gets the praise it deserves. I don't think it's Rihanna's best song, no, but for fans to to call an acclaimed production such as 'DSTM' as "basic", "boring", or think that that the filler tracks on 'Blackout' are better is an absolute reach.

Let's not forget that Britney fans are quick to jump the gun and call any of Britney's peers such as Beyonce, Christina, JLO, etc. all kinds of derogatory names at any opportunity and are notoriously known amongst other pop culture stans for dragging other successful female artists. They'll call Christina "fat" and drag her numbers as if she isn't one of the most successful female artists of Britney's generation. They'll call Beyoncé a "copycat" who makes "angry music". And you want to call me "mean" for trying to practice inclusivity towards other artists when you have fans who fat shame and suggest prejudiced remarks towards artists they don't like on here?

Also, contrary to what Britney fans want to believe -- 'Blackout' was not the influential album many of you think it is a la Thriller', 'The Chronic', '...Baby One More Time', etc. At the time, no one thought that highly of it until a Britney fan on Rolling Stone wrote an article praising it and this fanbase ran with it. Britney essentially hired Timbaland's protege after seeing what he did for Nelly Furtado and Justin Timberlake. Scott Storch, Darkchild, RedOne and many other producers were doing that 'Blackout sound' before "Blackout" even came to fruition. It was essentially a product of what was popular on the radio then, from Chris Brown to Nelly Furtado to Goldfrapp to Paris Hilton to Kat Deluna to *****cat Dolls to Justin Timberlake and so forth. I mean, how can an album so 'influential' be a non-factor to the general public? Sure, maybe 'Blackout' did inspire songs like Ashley Tisdale's "Crank It Up", Taylor Swift's 'reputation' era, the likes of 2010s 'hyper***' pop flops like Charli XCX/Kim Petras/Slayyyter and some random filler tracks such as on Madonna's 'Hard Candy' but by the time 2008 rolled around, Britney already transitioned into a different sound. Britney's persona and relationship to the media and paparazzi was more influential than say the actual sound of the music itself which I can agree on if that's what you're trying to debate. To me, the revisionist narrative this album's been given has always been hilarious because hardly anyone outside of Britney's fanbase actually thinks that.

Anyways...hopefully that wasn't too "mean" for you since you always seem to want to grasp at straws saying incredibly insensitive stuff such as what you just said considering that I have and never had anything against you. Matter of fact, I don't know you. You don't know me. Who are you to even judge? Maybe you're confusing the concept of standing one's ground/being transparent over this false narrative you have over me of being "mean". Have a splendid day. 

Wow. You’re really something lol, I said what I said. 

Edited by thegrove
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, thegrove said:

My point is you’ve got a smart *** mouth for someone who simply got told they’re delusional for calling others delusional. 

pick your battles. 

Ma'am in case you need to be reminded, I am MOTHER... anyway chile 

7 minutes ago, thegrove said:

And by the way what insensitive stuff do I say on here? Aside from calling out this BS. Get over yourself. 

That comment wasn't directed towards you, love.

Just now, Joshyworld said:

Ma'am in case you need to be reminded, I am MOTHER... anyway chile 

That comment wasn't directed towards you, love.

You literally went off on a long *** tirade in which you made all these comments about me over my original comment and now it’s supposed to be for someone else? Mom are you tired? 

• Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block