'Dont Stop the Music', along with other 'GGGB' tracks were meant for Britney's BLACKOUT album

2 hours ago, Joshyworld said:

Imagine thinking DSTM is basic for Blackout when it’s arguably better than at least 90% of the album.

I swear, Britney stans are on a whole other level of delusion.

OT: Such a missed opportunity. Definitely would have helped excel the album. :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

That’s opinion, not fact. You’re entitled to your wrong opinion. I’ve always found DSTM boring. But music is subjective. 

Also calling the Britney fan base delusional when you think one average Rihanna song is “arguably better than” 90% of Blackout (a hugely influential pop album of its time) is a bit rich. 
I don’t know why you’re always so mean on here, I hope you heal from whatever is hurting you. 

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, Emil87 said:

Well to be specific, whoever rejected these songs in the first place. I remember hearing rumors that Britney wasn’t happy that her team turned down “Umbrella” without her knowledge. We know Britney has a good ear for music, I doubt she woulda turned it down herself. But Rihanna nailed the song, and “Blackout” remains flawless so I guess it all worked out in the end. 

I mean let’s give credit to the creatives behind these hits.  The artists came in and put their stamp on the songs but there wouldn’t be anything to stamp if it wasn’t for all the talent behind the scenes 

• Like 1

Not surprised Rihanna started off like a carbon copy of Britney just from Barbados’s 

Easily recognizable tone with average vocals 

very manufactured 

cute girl nextdoor look

the whole good girl gone bad era was copying what Britney did with blackout

rihanna went from highlighted hair to jet Black hair with an emo side bang 

began dressing more ***ual and genuinely coming off more edgy 

Rihanna did it very successfully, I’m assuming Jay z planned all this 

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

Not surprised Rihanna started off like a carbon copy of Britney just from Barbados’s 

very manufactured 

cute girl nextdoor look

GGGB came out before Blackout.

• Haha 1
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, thegrove said:

Yeah that’s a hard disagree, it’s also called preference. 

look it up. 

Objectively speaking, 'DSTM' is a killer song with an incredible hook. The Michael Jackson sample is absolutely brilliant. If you listen to the instrumental, you can get a feel of how it goes into reverb, starts to build up and progressively expands. Stargate did his damn thing on this and we have to give credit where its due. Sure, it may be no Madonna's 'La Isla Bonita', Britney's 'Toxic' or DC's 'Say My Name' but for fans to call it basic or better than anything on "Blackout" is a huuuuuuuuuuuge, huge reach. Listen to it with a good pair of headphones or at a club while actively listening for the MJ ad-libs, you'll definitely see what I mean. 

2 hours ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

That’s opinion, not fact. You’re entitled to your wrong opinion. I’ve always found DSTM boring. But music is subjective. 

Also calling the Britney fan base delusional when you think one average Rihanna song is “arguably better than” 90% of Blackout (a hugely influential pop album of its time) is a bit rich. 
I don’t know why you’re always so mean on here, I hope you heal from whatever is hurting you. 

Music is absolutely subjective, agreed but one can dislike song yet objectively understand why it gets the praise it deserves. I don't think it's Rihanna's best song, no, but for fans to to call an acclaimed production such as 'DSTM' as "basic", "boring", or think that that the filler tracks on 'Blackout' are better is an absolute reach.

Let's not forget that Britney fans are quick to jump the gun and call any of Britney's peers such as Beyonce, Christina, JLO, etc. all kinds of derogatory names at any opportunity and are notoriously known amongst other pop culture stans for dragging other successful female artists. They'll call Christina "fat" and drag her numbers as if she isn't one of the most successful female artists of Britney's generation. They'll call Beyoncé a "copycat" who makes "angry music". And you want to call me "mean" for trying to practice inclusivity towards other artists when you have fans who fat shame and suggest prejudiced remarks towards artists they don't like on here?

Also, contrary to what Britney fans want to believe -- 'Blackout' was not the influential album many of you think it is a la Thriller', 'The Chronic', '...Baby One More Time', etc. At the time, no one thought that highly of it until a Britney fan on Rolling Stone wrote an article praising it and this fanbase ran with it. Britney essentially hired Timbaland's protege after seeing what he did for Nelly Furtado and Justin Timberlake. Scott Storch, Darkchild, RedOne and many other producers were doing that 'Blackout sound' before "Blackout" even came to fruition. It was essentially a product of what was popular on the radio then, from Chris Brown to Nelly Furtado to Goldfrapp to Paris Hilton to Kat Deluna to *****cat Dolls to Justin Timberlake and so forth. I mean, how can an album so 'influential' be a non-factor to the general public? Sure, maybe 'Blackout' did inspire songs like Ashley Tisdale's "Crank It Up", Taylor Swift's 'reputation' era, the likes of 2010s 'hyper***' pop flops like Charli XCX/Kim Petras/Slayyyter and some random filler tracks such as on Madonna's 'Hard Candy' but by the time 2008 rolled around, Britney already transitioned into a different sound. Britney's persona and relationship to the media and paparazzi was more influential than say the actual sound of the music itself which I can agree on if that's what you're trying to debate. To me, the revisionist narrative this album's been given has always been hilarious because hardly anyone outside of Britney's fanbase actually thinks that.

Anyways...hopefully that wasn't too "mean" for you since you always seem to want to grasp at straws saying incredibly insensitive stuff such as what you just said considering that I have and never had anything against you. Matter of fact, I don't know you. You don't know me. Who are you to even judge? Maybe you're confusing the concept of standing one's ground/being transparent over this false narrative you have over me of being "mean". Have a splendid day. 

Edited by Joshyworld
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1
56 minutes ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

very manufactured 

cute girl nextdoor look

If anything, the 'GGGB' concept stems more from the 'Britney'/'Stripped' eras. Not to mention, 'GGGB' was recorded before 'Blackout' and there is absolutely no correlation whatsoever. Britney was a bigger name and already an established pop icon whereas Rihanna was breaking out into her own. Their careers couldn't be anymore different considering Britney never invented black hair, an emo side bang, dressing more ***ual and being edgy. Like what?  I swear, some of you Britney fans are extremely delusional and love to play revisionist history. (oh I forgot, that's apparently "mEaN" :britoverit_britney_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_whatever:) Anyways, not to steer too off topic but Ashley Tisdale and The *****cat Dolls were far more directly impacted by Britney than Rihanna. PCD's debut album was essentially a continuation of 'Britney' and 'In The Zone'. You can hear bits of "Slave" on "Don't Cha" and "Outrageous" on "Buttons". "Wait a Minute" (while recorded in 2005) sounds very 'Blackout/"Get Naked"' which makes sense since it's a Timbaland production proving my point that 'Blackout' was influenced by that PCD/Paris Hilton/Nelly/Justin sound in 2005-06. 

Edited by Joshyworld
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Joshyworld said:

Imagine thinking DSTM is basic for Blackout when it’s arguably better than at least 90% of the album.

I swear, Britney stans are on a whole other level of delusion.

OT: Such a missed opportunity. Definitely would have helped excel the album. :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

no one can seriously believe that 90s eurotrash is better than ANYTHING on BLACKOUT, magnum opus of the 31st CENTURY.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, BritneyGXKB2 said:

no one can seriously believe that 90s eurotrash is better than ANYTHING on BLACKOUT, magnum opus of the 31st CENTURY.

According to who? A bunch of delusional Britney stans on Exhale whose hobbies are to drag other successful artists? "DSTM" is an incredible pop song, sorry you're blindsided by truth and subjectivity. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block